Login

russian armor

Unbalanced pay commanders

PAGES (11)down
14 Nov 2013, 05:36 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 07:13 AM
Patrion 14

New commanders are cool. I'm glad they keep adding to the game. I've spent a total of 462 hrs on Coh2 so far (and about 2500+ on coh1) and the $8 is totally fine with me.

The guys threatening to quit the game should get on with it and stop making so much noise.

The P2W-whine crowd should hit the highway as well. Things aren't going to back to "how it used to be".

I'm with him. Somehow, gaming seems to be the only activity where people expect to have continuous support for ever and ever with just a single and actually pretty low payment of €50.

Hell, gym costs me €30 per month (which is the cheapest you can get around here), eating out around €50 or so and painting little men has it's costs. All my hobbies have upkeep.

Even taking up an activity like running, where you don't have to pay for facilities, isn't completely free of monetary upkeep. Why should gaming be?

When it comes to balancing, I'll just weather it. As long as I keep shelling out cash for them, they have a real incentive to fix things. I lived through (+1500 matches, countless hours) the disasters of CoH 1 like the insane-suicide-tank-rush-AWM and Roos-to-the-base-crap. I will survive these present ones as well. And - God forbid - have fun while doing so.

And for the record, I find myself almost always playing the underdog faction. It's not fun to win too easily. I'm also definitely not a millionaire. I earn less than the national average.

14 Nov 2013, 09:13 AM

^ People support the game through buying expansions. Servers don't cost one million dollars to run. Having said that, I think the hardcore 1v1 players would not mind investing some money into Relic if they have produced a really good game which they play a lot. But with DLC and pay to win commanders, it is not a good game!

I am uninstalling this piece of shit that feels like a BAD free to play browser MMO. Enough is enough. I paid full price for this game and persuaded my friend to buy it. Now, my friend hates me and I feel like I've been fucked up the ass for £40! And another £2.99 if you want some lube.

Never buying a Relic game ever again. Their attitude stinks. At one point, the producer Wilson douche said you needed DLC to fund things like the World Builder. Errrr, mate, your devs were already using the World Builder to make maps for the game! Granted, you had to polish it up a little, but of course you want to give the community a world builder because it adds value to YOUR game for FREE. So many lies. It's like listening to a bad used-car salesman.

I'm done. Fuck you.
14 Nov 2013, 10:15 AM

Just stop making new commanders which are clearly unbalanced, i liked the game the most when there where some commanders to buy that were just a mix of the normal commanders. After every release of commanders with new units i hate the gameplay until they adjust the new units.
14 Nov 2013, 10:44 AM

^ People support the game through buying expansions. Servers don't cost one million dollars to run. Having said that, I think the hardcore 1v1 players would not mind investing some money into Relic if they have produced a really good game which they play a lot. But with DLC and pay to win commanders, it is not a good game!

I am uninstalling this piece of shit that feels like a BAD free to play browser MMO. Enough is enough. I paid full price for this game and persuaded my friend to buy it. Now, my friend hates me and I feel like I've been fucked up the ass for £40! And another £2.99 if you want some lube.

Never buying a Relic game ever again. Their attitude stinks. At one point, the producer Wilson douche said you needed DLC to fund things like the World Builder. Errrr, mate, your devs were already using the World Builder to make maps for the game! Granted, you had to polish it up a little, but of course you want to give the community a world builder because it adds value to YOUR game for FREE. So many lies. It's like listening to a bad used-car salesman.

I'm done. Fuck you.

I could'nt agree more.
People need to stop comparing this game with f*cking gym membership or other IRL stuff that costs money. What we actually are talking about is the balancing and the constant upcoming new OP commanders. Relic has turned into one big money- milking cow and that shit needs to stop man.
14 Nov 2013, 10:52 AM

Everything in this patch is fine.

Nothing wrong with paying for cosmetics but the new commanders are horrid and have currently made MP horrid.
14 Nov 2013, 10:52 AM

cant stop laughing about the gym guy
14 Nov 2013, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 07:13 AMSappi

Hell, gym costs me €30 per month (which is the cheapest you can get around here), eating out around €50 or so and painting little men has it's costs. All my hobbies have upkeep.

This guy lifts T-70s between meals, no wonder he's okay with the patch.
14 Nov 2013, 12:30 PM

It's just sad to see that Relic is trying to only please those people that don't care about 1v1s or competitive games (3v3s, 4v4s) by adding more and more stuff to buy, that becomes even more and more ridiculous. CoH1 was a game made for competitive gaming. While it was totally possible and probably really fun for those guys that played 3v3s or 4v4s, the game was balanced around and built around 1v1s and 2v2s to some extend.

This is just the complete opposite. The thing is, that it does not matter for Relic, since they are probably getting more money out of the game by adding more and more stuff for those that will buy it, instead.

I am just dissappointed by the fact that they are trying to keep the expectations high for the 1v1 players, while all they are doing is fucking them up over and over again.

14 Nov 2013, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 07:13 AMSappi

Even taking up an activity like running, where you don't have to pay for facilities, isn't completely free of monetary upkeep. Why should gaming be?

When it comes to balancing, I'll just weather it. As long as I keep shelling out cash for them, they have a real incentive to fix things.

I read this over and over again until it occured to me you are actually trolling.
14 Nov 2013, 13:03 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 12:30 PMTrainzz
I am just dissappointed by the fact that they are trying to keep the expectations high for the 1v1 players, while all they are doing is fucking them up over and over again.

this has nothing to do with 1v1 or team games.
there are competitive players that play team games and they are equally shocked about the sh*t commanders and there are 1v1 "competitive" players who are abusing the same commanders as we speak
14 Nov 2013, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 12:30 PMTrainzz
It's just sad to see that Relic is trying to only please those people that don't care about 1v1s or competitive games (3v3s, 4v4s) by adding more and more stuff to buy, that becomes even more and more ridiculous. CoH1 was a game made for competitive gaming. While it was totally possible and probably really fun for those guys that played 3v3s or 4v4s, the game was balanced around and built around 1v1s and 2v2s to some extend.

This is just the complete opposite. The thing is, that it does not matter for Relic, since they are probably getting more money out of the game by adding more and more stuff for those that will buy it, instead.

It's just sad to read what you write. Relic is only balancing game for 1v1 and somewhat 2v2.
Any issue there is in 1v1 is magnified by factor of few for team games.

Try not to go full retard when writing posts, thanks..
14 Nov 2013, 13:08 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with the current balance problems. I agree that constantly adding new commanders that are unbalanced doesn't add to the "Customer Experience".

What I don't get is the "Fuck you, Relic!" -part. Are they messing with and insulting YOU personally?

If it's so bad, just take your money elsewhere. Leave the gym boneheads to be milked dry of their cash. I like the way they're handling this game, and so far it seems they're putting a sincere effort into balancing the game in the long run. In the meanwhile, I'm sufficiently happy playing and losing due to imbalance and handing out money for extra content. I trust that things will turn for the better.

When I lose that trust, I'll move on and give that money to someone else. No need for QQ.
14 Nov 2013, 13:15 PM

^^This is what I think about Sega/Relic atm.

This DLC-hell & Pay2Win Commanders frustrates and makes current players and veterans upset.
When a new player read these comments, he wont even bother to try this P2W game.
I think this game is driving away both old and new players little by little.

CoH2 community is great, thanks for that, but the game is sinking ship if Sega/Relic doesnt make a real turning point.

Get insulted or not, Im just saying this.

Best regards,
Peekstrom

14 Nov 2013, 13:19 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 13:08 PMSappi
I agree with the current balance problems. I agree that constantly adding new commanders that are unbalanced doesn't add to the "Customer Experience".

What I don't get is the "Fuck you, Relic!" -part. Are they messing with and insulting YOU personally?

If it's so bad, just take your money elsewhere. Leave the gym boneheads to be milked dry of their cash. I like the way they're handling this game, and so far it seems they're putting a sincere effort into balancing the game in the long run. In the meanwhile, I'm sufficiently happy playing and losing due to imbalance and handing out money for extra content. I trust that things will turn for the better.

When I lose that trust, I'll move on and give that money to someone else. No need for QQ.

+1 well said...
14 Nov 2013, 13:29 PM

the right analogy for this this is buying a hotdog but paying additional for chili sauce and mustard, not some gym membership.
14 Nov 2013, 13:33 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 13:29 PMwongtp
the right analogy for this this is buying a hotdog but paying additional for chili sauce and mustard, not some gym membership.
yeah, but after you were promised they were included in the price
14 Nov 2013, 14:10 PM

I agree with the OP. I wrote at coh forums after the first DLC Commanders release that this model will disapoint the players because not everybody will buy the commanders (the reasons are irelevant)and everybody will have a different version of the Game.

"Sappi" your logic is so wrong. A Gym has maybe 500 or 1000 members. A Game like COH2 has, i don't know, 500.000 or more (if they did that right they would have millions) buyers/members so you cant compare this. I hope you get where i am going with this.

If they continue with this trend, the Game will die ( it hurts to say that because i love COH-COH2 as games).

Even one of the founders of COH2.ORG (AmiPolizeiFunk) wrote "look us straight in the eyes (he ment Relic i guess) and tell us that the new Commanders are not pay to win".

I rest my case!!!!!
14 Nov 2013, 14:24 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 13:08 PMSappi

Totally agree, cant believe how much fuss people are making, its a fact of life stuff costs money get over it! Even if they brought out the commanders for free people would still whine. Its a game, you know one of those things you play in your spare time for fun not a top level sport like some people seem to think. OMFG monopoly is so RNG with those chance cards and Mayfair is so OP I lost yesterday to the dam boot because of that!
14 Nov 2013, 14:30 PM

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight