Login

russian armor

Recent patch....

21 Apr 2020, 12:21 PM

Probably one of the best patches COH2 has recieved, games feels fair again and even my losses feel fair for once. Thank you for all the hard work team!
21 Apr 2020, 13:56 PM

Not sure if serious or kidding
21 Apr 2020, 13:57 PM

Serious, I assume. I cannot remember a time when balance was better, especially considering the amount of viable content for all armies.
21 Apr 2020, 14:10 PM

On the whole I am enjoying the balance across all factions.

UKF is still a mixed bag but otherwise its been a good patch.

However, since the patch I have been getting 2-4 second lag spikes in some games.
21 Apr 2020, 14:18 PM

I'm serious.

I have had lag spikes also but, its something ive suffered with a lot so I cant put it down to this patch.
21 Apr 2020, 14:33 PM

I've really enjoyed this patch so far as well. I think they really made the best with the scope given to them. We obviously could probably do with 1 more commander revamp/ toning down super meta team game commanders like Mechanized Support and Jaeger Armor but hopefully this game has enough life in it to warrant community members continuing to work on it :)
21 Apr 2020, 14:53 PM

I agree, the game is in a way better place than before, and I can only think of two things from the patch that Id like to see changed: More even spread of power within Brits (less Tomies, more Vickers and AEC) and revert the faust "fix"
21 Apr 2020, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 14:10 PMGrim
On the whole I am enjoying the balance across all factions.

UKF is still a mixed bag but otherwise its been a good patch.

However, since the patch I have been getting 2-4 second lag spikes in some games.

Lag spikes and bug splats don't seem any worse for me this patch.

I've tried UKF probably a dozen times this patch. It seems better but I haven't played it in a long time. The Comet seems really underwhelming. Lack of a non-doc mortar also hurts on some matches and matchups.
21 Apr 2020, 15:05 PM

I agree with OP. Best balance in the game so far this patch. I really like that Heavies are a bit nerfed and no longer no-brainers.
21 Apr 2020, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 14:57 PMGrumpy

I've tried UKF probably a dozen times this patch. It seems better but I haven't played it in a long time. The Comet seems really underwhelming. Lack of a non-doc mortar also hurts on some matches and matchups.

The comet is good but its splash damage is almost none existant, the amount of times I have hot just next to a squad and it does nothing, or the shots simply phasing through the world and not making an impact, so it is quite buggy I think.
21 Apr 2020, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 15:07 PMLatch

The comet is good but its splash damage is almost none existant, the amount of times I have hot just next to a squad and it does nothing, or the shots simply phasing through the world and not making an impact, so it is quite buggy I think.

It seemed worse than a Panther at AT while having the same mediocre AI as a Panther. I used some in a game last night and had a hard time decrewing AT guns even when it was at point blank range behind the AT gun. The other armor seems okay.
21 Apr 2020, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 14:57 PMGrumpy

Idk, comet is fine by me, it's fast, heavily armoured, decent pen + a bunch of useful abilities, especially white phosphorus shells. I never thought that the comet is bad on any level but maybe it's just my mediocre skills.

Lack of mortars also hurts alot but thankfully tommies have a smoke barrage now, so you aren't completely screwed when the enemy has an mg. You can also go maximum memelord and build a mortar pit but a commander with a howitzer or any competent okw player makes short work of any emplacement.

Also I definitely agree that the patch is really good, UKF is actually decent, maybe a little too good, but overall one of the best patches so far imo.
21 Apr 2020, 15:34 PM

….still seeing Tiger stall somehow....murder crosses the mind sometimes....
21 Apr 2020, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 15:30 PMmaahowl

Idk, comet is fine by me, it's fast, heavily armoured, decent pen + a bunch of useful abilities, especially white phosphorus shells. I never thought that the comet is bad on any level but maybe it's just my mediocre skills.

Lack of mortars also hurts alot but thankfully tommies have a smoke barrage now, so you aren't completely screwed when the enemy has an mg. You can also go maximum memelord and build a mortar pit but a commander with a howitzer or any competent okw player makes short work of any emplacement.

Also I definitely agree that the patch is really good, UKF is actually decent, maybe a little too good, but overall one of the best patches so far imo.

I tried it in a couple 4v4's where I was muni starved which might be why I thought it was so bad. The other team was building howitzers in both games and the Comet didn't do anything against the Pak wall, even when I got it behind the Paks. It seemed better in a couple 2v2's that I played where I needed something mobile. Even at those, I wasn't sure if it was worth the price premium over a Cromwell.
21 Apr 2020, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 15:40 PMGrumpy

I tried it in a couple 4v4's where I was muni starved which might be why I thought it was so bad. The other team was building howitzers in both games and the Comet didn't do anything against the Pak wall, even when I got it behind the Paks. It seemed better in a couple 2v2's that I played where I needed something mobile. Even at those, I wasn't sure if it was worth the price premium over a Cromwell.

In 2v2's I found it to be very effective at map control, since it can fend off any medium tank and has decent AI, also it's good at supporting pushes with the smoke rounds and white phosphorus shells + frags can quickly decrew paks, but only if there aren't too many of them. This is why you always have pyro tommies behind the comet to throw an arty flare at a pak wall that will make them go away unless they want to die. when it comes to taking out howitzers though, artillery commander is your best bet at dealing with them, you only need to save up munis and spot.

Cromwells are also really good and might be better for taking out howitzers because they are faster, cheaper and also have smoke rounds to blind at guns, but their AI is lackluster, but in 4v4s all you really need to do is spot an enemy howitzer, since one of your teammates probably has an off-map to take it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★