Login

russian armor

Axis factions get worse with every patch

19 Apr 2020, 08:52 AM

Ostheer is fine, the buffs weren't huge but noticeable:
- The Pak tracking definitely helps against lights that try to outrun it.
- Brummbar feels really durable now and I get it almost every match.
- I tend to float 300mp~ in the lategame instead of 200mp~ as I was used to.
- 15 fuel cheaper to get T4 after T3 already helped in 2 matches where T3 failed.

Together with Ostheer not having to face heavies as early anymore and 7 men Conscripts being toned down, Ostheer can really shine once they reach their naturally strong T4.

That said, I haven't made Grenadiers in the last patch (outside of teamgames) and won't make them this patch. I feel it's mostly the high munition cost before Grens become useful that makes me stay away from them. Osttruppen, Assault Grenadiers and early Panzergrenadiers are all very effective without having munitions dumped into them, which Ostheer needs for healing and Tellers. I think it's why you see Osttruppen doctrine picked more often for example, the I-win Tiger button isn't there anymore if you get Grenadiers, so why bother with them.

If it was possible, I'd like to see the inclusion of a Medic squad or a Medic upgrade to the T1 structure of Ostheer that costs like 180-200 manpower as an alternative to the Medic bunker that doesn't cost munitions. It would allow for Grenadiers to reach their powerspike earlier by saving munitions for their LMG's.
19 Apr 2020, 09:26 AM

Was it the Heavy "meta" or the tiger meta? Or maybe the tiger is a more important unit to the Ostheer than the IS2 or Perhsing were for their respectiv faction?

Plus a Pak40 isn't as fast as a light tank, so it cover a smaller area and so have a smaller impact. Between the 222 and the first P4 you are kinda naked.

19 Apr 2020, 10:00 AM

Was it the Heavy "meta" or the tiger meta? Or maybe the tiger is a more important unit to the Ostheer than the IS2 or Perhsing were for their respectiv faction?

Plus a Pak40 isn't as fast as a light tank, so it cover a smaller area and so have a smaller impact. Between the 222 and the first P4 you are kinda naked.

Ostheer suffered more from the heavy meta, than any other faction becouse it locked out half of the good infantry commanders that emphasize on Ostheers Light Vehicle Strength, and replaced it with a crutch unit, that the other factions also had.
19 Apr 2020, 10:34 AM

That said, I haven't made Grenadiers in the last patch (outside of teamgames) and won't make them this patch. I feel it's mostly the high munition cost before Grens become useful that makes me stay away from them. Osttruppen, Assault Grenadiers and early Panzergrenadiers are all very effective without having munitions dumped into them, which Ostheer needs for healing and Tellers.

I agree and I believe this is all a symptom of the LMG42 upgrade, since you can’t buff early game Grens without making them OP later once they get their hands on the LMG42. In my view the upgrade should be a specialization instead of a mandatory upgrade, with 4 kar98 Grens being viable on their own and the LMG42 being an ulgrade like Brens are for Sections. This would mean decreasing the power level of the lmg42 and increasing the power level of kar98s. This would help out T1 openings for Ostheer, tone down LMG42 blobs and reduce munitions usage which would then allow more mines.
19 Apr 2020, 10:50 AM

I agree and I believe this is all a symptom of the LMG42 upgrade, since you can’t buff early game Grens without making them OP later once they get their hands on the LMG42. In my view the upgrade should be a specialization instead of a mandatory upgrade, with 4 kar98 Grens being viable on their own and the LMG42 being an ulgrade like Brens are for Sections. This would mean decreasing the power level of the lmg42 and increasing the power level of kar98s. This would help out T1 openings for Ostheer, tone down LMG42 blobs and reduce munitions usage which would then allow more mines.

Or one can leave ostheer alone and nerf the other factions.

One simply has to stop the power creep.
19 Apr 2020, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 10:50 AMVipper

Or one can leave ostheer alone and nerf the other factions.

Or not, because other factions are not supported by plethora of most potent early game support units in game.
19 Apr 2020, 15:00 PM

That's the problem with this game. The commanders tilt the game too much and if you don't pick the right commander you can lose. The game shouldn't feel so hard if you pick a wrong commander vs a certain other one.

I still bitch about the fact that this community likes small narrow maps like crossing in the woods and karkov in 2v2s, it's at if we dislike larger maps that reward the ability to flank in the late game.
19 Apr 2020, 16:11 PM

Make med paks free on grens
20 Apr 2020, 02:18 AM

Rant post but it is a serious issue.

We now have three Allied factions that greatly outperform the two Axis factions in every regard.

UKF > Soviets > USF > OKW > Ostheer.

With the return of the Brit bs and the nerf of the only Axis unit that could fight back (Tiger) Axis are not competitive. Change my mind.

Katitof posts will be ignored.

Ost changes:

reinforcement cost lowered after T4
Brumbar buff
Pak 40 buff
LEFH buff
T4 easier

Slight nerf to fragmentation bombing

USF changes
Bigger nerf to cluster bombing
Jacson nerf
Airdropped combat nerf

50mp buff to grenade unlock

So the balance team makes a bunch of small buffs to Ost (mostly), while making a few nerfs to USF (again, mostly), and you're throwing this hysterical hissy fit and think that we should change your mind?

I think it's made up and nothing short of making USF, UKF, and Soviet completely unplayable would change it.
20 Apr 2020, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 02:18 AMGrumpy

Ost changes:

reinforcement cost lowered after T4
Brumbar buff
Pak 40 buff
LEFH buff
T4 easier

Slight nerf to fragmentation bombing

USF changes
Bigger nerf to cluster bombing
Jacson nerf
Airdropped combat nerf

50mp buff to grenade unlock

So the balance team makes a bunch of small buffs to Ost (mostly), while making a few nerfs to USF (again, mostly), and you're throwing this hysterical hissy fit and think that we should change your mind?

I think it's made up and nothing short of making USF, UKF, and Soviet completely unplayable would change it.

I think Butcher already gave an answer to that logic ealier in the topic
20 Apr 2020, 14:58 PM

Fix commanders making the game imbalanced. I shouldn't have to pick a certain commander to counter a certain other one. Like why don't we fix this?
20 Apr 2020, 15:03 PM

I think Butcher already gave an answer to that logic ealier in the topic

I saw Butcher's hysterical drivel about the balance team being incompetent. Not only does it have no basis in reality, it probably should have gotten him a warning.
20 Apr 2020, 15:12 PM

Fix commanders making the game imbalanced. I shouldn't have to pick a certain commander to counter a certain other one. Like why don't we fix this?

I agree that it might be frustating to have to pick a commander to counter another one, but I think fixing those commanders will just amputate an already old game of some content. Adding some doc-units such as the Hummel to have a viable counterpart to priest/sexton is an example for 3vs3/4vs4 games.

The tiger/is/pershing nerf (specialy the tiger) will just make more commanders useless and limit futhermore viable commanders and so the diversity of the game.
20 Apr 2020, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 15:03 PMGrumpy

I saw Butcher's hysterical drivel about the balance team being incompetent. Not only does it have no basis in reality, it probably should have gotten him a warning.

The second part isn't an argument anyway and so I wasn't refering to it. But the T-shirt and house stuff is still relevant enough.
20 Apr 2020, 15:37 PM

The second part isn't an argument anyway and so I wasn't refering to it. But the T-shirt and house stuff is still relevant enough.

Except that the T-shirt and house analogy is completely hysterical, as are you for buying into it. The buffs were all around 10-20% of one single stat for most units. Everybody got a T-shirt except for the Tommies, who got a 0.15% and a 0.05% T-shirt. Nobody got or lost a house.
20 Apr 2020, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 15:37 PMGrumpy

Except that the T-shirt and house analogy is completely hysterical, as are you for buying into it. The buffs were all around 10-20% of one single stat for most units. Everybody got a T-shirt except for the Tommies, who got a 0.15% and a 0.05% T-shirt. Nobody got or lost a house.

I think you are really missing the point here.

Let me use a simple example.

Lets buff Kubel speed 100%

Kubel OP (of course) but... is OKW OP because of that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★