Login

russian armor

T70

29 Mar 2020, 02:54 AM

Replays please
29 Mar 2020, 02:59 AM

The T-70 has a cannon that deals AOE damage and can kill two models at a time on a regular basis. The problem I see is the rate of fire. It fires the main gun ever 2 seconds? That is way too much for a gun that snipes a model per shot and can kill two models from time to time, especially against the smaller Ost squads.

I think this is the best angle of approach for this unit myself, and have no idea how the T-70 crew are reloading their 45mm gun* every 2s (down to 1.68s with vet...). The gun in real life had a rate of fire of 15rpm in the infantry version. The tank variant had a "semi-automatic" breech but I doubt highly this would be enough to double rate of fire for a weapon which still had to be loaded by hand and then also aimed and fired by the same crewman (2-man crew, no dedicated loader), who is also the tank commander...

*Wikipedia
29 Mar 2020, 03:08 AM

I think this is the best angle of approach for this unit myself, and have no idea how the T-70 crew are reloading their 45mm gun* every 2s (down to 1.68s with vet...). The gun in real life had a rate of fire of 15rpm in the infantry version. The tank variant had a "semi-automatic" breech but I doubt highly this would be enough to double rate of fire for a weapon which still had to be loaded by hand and then also aimed and fired by the same crewman (2-man crew, no dedicated loader), who is also the tank commander...

*Wikipedia

Real life its just a template, a flavor if you like, for the units in Coh2. By this point everyone has killed more ostwinds than the total number of produced units. T34/76s have trouble penetrating a Panzer IV. OKW has more air support than USF,etc etc
29 Mar 2020, 07:34 AM

T34/76s have trouble penetrating a Panzer IV.
Breaking news. They did. The versions in the game ar the G, H, J. Only exception would be the command P4.

And T-70 wiping units without counterplay is bs. From a balance point of view.
29 Mar 2020, 07:55 AM

*Wikipedia

Real life is not really applicable to a game like this. You can have a squads of soldier run up to eachother with SMGs and they will only start killing eachother slowly when they are within 10 feet of eachother. IS-2s IIRC only had a rate of fire of 1 round per minute because they had to load the shell in 2 pieces.

On Topic: One other solution I can think of would be to transfer some of the cost from Soviet T3 to Soviet T4. Then decreasing the cost and effectiveness of the T70 to be more like the Luchs. AA halftrack upgunning can be moved to T4 to ensure there is no opressive early mobile supression platform. This way Soviets get less shock value but earlier, and have access to the 7-man upgrade earlier to keep up with STG44/LMG42 upgrades. It might also create more of a window for the SU76, which is now always overlooked even for its intended role in keeping lights/mediums at bay, because currently the T70 already does that and T4 is just around the corner and it had better units anyway.
29 Mar 2020, 09:49 AM

Real life is not really applicable to a game like this. You can have a squads of soldier run up to eachother with SMGs and they will only start killing eachother slowly when they are within 10 feet of eachother. IS-2s IIRC only had a rate of fire of 1 round per minute because they had to load the shell in 2 pieces.

On Topic: One other solution I can think of would be to transfer some of the cost from Soviet T3 to Soviet T4. Then decreasing the cost and effectiveness of the T70 to be more like the Luchs. AA halftrack upgunning can be moved to T4 to ensure there is no opressive early mobile supression platform. This way Soviets get less shock value but earlier, and have access to the 7-man upgrade earlier to keep up with STG44/LMG42 upgrades. It might also create more of a window for the SU76, which is now always overlooked even for its intended role in keeping lights/mediums at bay, because currently the T70 already does that and T4 is just around the corner and it had better units anyway.

this is a good direction, if one is to be taken id get behind this one.
29 Mar 2020, 10:55 AM

Vet T70 is worth it's weight in gold late game

Maybe it shouldn't be sniping a model every shot at vet, extra LoS is bonus enough for a vehicle in its role

If you look at the nerfs to the Luch, the nerfs to the T70 were laughable in comparison. It's still just as lethal as it was once it's vet bonuses unlock
29 Mar 2020, 10:55 AM

It is fine where it is at, if you want to balance it then nerf axis start games before nerfing T-70. Sick and tired of Axis fanboys always crying OP for any particular allied unit. You guys already nerfed Jackson enough bht still it is at 145 fuel
29 Mar 2020, 11:16 AM

T34/76s have trouble penetrating a Panzer IV. OKW has more air support than USF,etc et

Not really, both crews and official reports from both sides confirm that the F34 gun on the T34/76 variants was sufficient to deal with Panzer IVs. 60mm of pen at 1km is more than enough to penetrate at every spot except for certain 80mm thick hull front spots, while 92mm pen with APCR at 500m could pen on every spot.

Worth noting is that pen in real life was not like it's portrayed in the game. If you hit a spot on a tank a few times even if you don't pen initially if your pen is almost high enough then the armour on that spot will be damaged and you will eventually pen.

tl dr: The F34 was far above good enough for its job, which was mostly blowing up infantry and strong points and sometimes killing P4s and Stugs.

The problem with the T70 is not lethality, that's fine and there's no reason to nerf it. The problem with the T70 is the complete lack of counter play in most cases, aside from building a Puma, since it combines lethality, amazing mobility, good enough armour to deter 222s and Panzer IIs and utility. In my view the mobility could be slightly lowered to make micro mistakes more punishing and let AT guns actually do their job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★