Login

russian armor

Brit AT nade time to throw issue

5 Mar 2020, 11:39 AM

Howdy!

As a disclaimer I don't play too much Brits since I feel they are a bit too perfectly balanced for my tastes. However I've observed in team games and in shoutcasts that the Royal Sapper AT grenades seem to take a lot longer to throw compared to the soviet AT grenades for example. As a result axis tanks have a a considerably longer period of unhindered movement to get out of AT gun range or get one more shot off before dying.

I can't help but feel this has something to do with the old issue with abilities when they were not activated before a previous animation was completed. For example a Pgren would complete the reload sequence of his STG before throwing a bundle grenade so there would be several extra seconds before the ability actually activated and players had no control over that. As a result skill based mechanics like timing nades on retreat paths was frustratingly difficult and unpredictable. This however was successfully patched out quite a while ago but then again the brit AT nades were implemented after the fix.

Do you think there is a similar issue with the current Brit At nades or is this my bias towards a perfectly balanced faction playing tricks on me?
5 Mar 2020, 18:14 PM

You're not wrong.

...both (AT) rifle grenades have a wind up time of 0.75 seconds. I'm also probably correct in thinking the ready aim time of 2 seconds and the aim time of 0.125 seconds are included. In any case they have the same times involved pre-firing. These times seem about right to me and cement them as the slowest snares.

For reference, ostheer panzerfaust has 0.125 in both aim times (no post firing aim time) and a wind up of 1.53 seconds (and 1.2 wind down). I assume the OKW panzerfaust is the same but it wouldn't be too surprising if it was different (there are a number of other differences between them that I remember.) Conscript AT nade has the same aim values and a 0.125 wind up time (0.75 wind down) giving it the fastest reaction. Curiously the british HEAT grenade has much higher aim times and wind up / down times. (1-0.5s aim times, 0.25 wind up, 0.75 wind down) Penal AT charge has the same 0.125 aim times but a longer wind up of 0.75 (same as wind down)

There are actually some pretty big differences between the two rifle nade snares that I'm also not sure are actually active or relevant. For example, the PF rifle nade has a much smaller tracking cone (2 to 15) and the riflemen rifle nade has a very long post firing aim time (1.5 to 0.25)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★