Login

russian armor

Game mechanics basics

2 Mar 2020, 10:16 AM

Its a CQC ambush unit with camo.
It choses when you engage, not opponent, therefore DPS dropoff is irrelevant, its L2P problem if they don't engage at their optimum distance.

That's because commandos go against armies with weapons designed to kill 5 and 6 model squads and storms go against armies with weapons designed to kill mostly 4 man squads and have a singular examples of 5 and 6?

No, the whole factions are balanced like that.
Unless for some mad reason you think armies are not balanced against units they are fighting against.

In order to avoid derailing another thread I will respond to inaccurate claim here.

When it comes to small arm fire there 2 factor that are important for a unit. The damage it does and the damage it can take. Those stat can quantified with two numbers. DPS which stand for Damage per second and with EHP which stand for effective hit point.

Lets take for instance grenadier and Conscripts. Grenadier are 4 entities and conscripts are 6 entities and thus conscripts have x150% more HP. But they do not have x150% more EHP since they have different target sizes. So the actual EHP ratio is x125%.

A grenadier squad has a DPS of 23.0/17.5/13.5/10.4 divided in the 4 K98 while the conscripts have 21.7/15.6/11.9/8.1 divided in the six mosin. Now that means that grenadiers lose more DPS with each entity that dies. In order to cover that problem grenadiers get an lmg upgrade (or G43) upgrade that concentrate their DPS on 1 (or 2) weapons so their DPS drop off is allot smaller.

In sort the DPS drop off is an issue (unless the DPS of unit is concentrate).

Unit in the game have to fight enemy squads with different number on entities. Take for instance grenadier again, they could be facing 4 men IS, 5 men riflemen or 6 men conscripts. If the designer wanted to design weapons specifically for the number of entities enemy squad had the solution would to use "incremental accuracy" that increase the performance of the weapon according to number of entities it is firing upon.

The designer instead choose a different path where the price of unit is combination of EHP and DPS. In sort weapons are not designed vs 4,5 or 6 entities.

That is even more event in the case of storm troopers and Commandos where the close DPS of commandos is 82.3 and the STr is 74.8 although STr theoretically are facing units with more entities.

In sort weapons are designed differently to fight 4,5 or 6 entities.

2 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

Stormtroopers are perfect the way they are. Katitof said it perfectly and you’re just not listening as usual. This is the same conversation everyone had wjth zero who didn’t know how to use Stormtroopers.

There’s no drop off on DPS, you ambush an enemy squad at the perfect range for you and worst range for them and pop tactical advance to pull off a wipe. This can happen vs retreating low health aquads, long range squads, engineers and weapons teams. If you pull off the ambush properly you should get a wipe with no model loss or 1-2 losses then retreat afterwards.
2 Mar 2020, 11:15 AM

Honestly I think that Katitof nailed it perfectly with his post. He's clearly a game designer who offers fab insights about game mechanics. Kat should be on the balance team. The above reads more like It's like nitpicking on schematics there due to some personal grudge. The game is more than vague theory crafting in the void.
2 Mar 2020, 13:46 PM

Stormtroopers are perfect the way they are. Katitof said it perfectly and you’re just not listening as usual. This is the same conversation everyone had wjth zero who didn’t know how to use Stormtroopers.

There’s no drop off on DPS, you ambush an enemy squad at the perfect range for you and worst range for them and pop tactical advance to pull off a wipe. This can happen vs retreating low health aquads, long range squads, engineers and weapons teams. If you pull off the ambush properly you should get a wipe with no model loss or 1-2 losses then retreat afterwards.

I really don't understand how that they are properly designed.
Like what, since wehr units are cheap and your used to loosing often make the properly balanced it doesn't matter if they obliterate your squad in an instant, cus your used to it and have tanks.
And since allies have no good tanks and are more reliant on infantry that's why it takes st forever to kill anything of theirs seeing as loosing even 1 unit is way too punishing.
MMX
3 Mar 2020, 05:40 AM

aww, how very disappointing. i was actually expecting something a bit more resourceful from the clickbaity title...
3 Mar 2020, 06:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Storms can even beat the likes of Shocks or Thompson Paras if these units aren't attack-moving (pretty likely with any CQC troops), preferably if they've moved to a location that require them to have to turn around to shoot back...it won't be by a lot though.
3 Mar 2020, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 05:40 AMMMX
aww, how very disappointing. i was actually expecting something a bit more resourceful from the clickbaity title...

I am sorry that you where disappointed. On the other I am pretty sure you are familiar with basic of game mechanics. Other seems that they are not and thus make claim that are not true.
MMX
3 Mar 2020, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 10:14 AMVipper

I am sorry that you where disappointed. On the other I am pretty sure you are familiar with basic of game mechanics. Other seems that they are not and thus make claim that are not true.

ah well, fair enough i guess. still, the more you know, the more you realize there's so much more left to learn. i'll keep my eyes open for 'advanced game mechanics' then
3 Mar 2020, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 06:09 AMVuther

Storms can even beat the likes of Shocks or Thompson Paras if these units aren't attack-moving (pretty likely with any CQC troops), preferably if they've moved to a location that require them to have to turn around to shoot back...it won't be by a lot though.

Don't take this the wrong way, do you play the game.
I once had a vet2 mp40 stoms ambush a shock squad in my s-mine(2 models lost on the shock). The shock squad still managed to beat the living shit out of my vet2 mp40 stoms.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★