Login

russian armor

Raketens are too good

PAGES (10)down
10 Apr 2020, 12:13 PM

Having also just tested it at no point was I able to recreate a situation where the m1 shot 2.5 seconds earlier than the Rak. Nothing even close to that

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyIcyJellyfishOSkomodo

Have a nice look at the AT gun on the left aiming straight ahead and the shot curving into the Puma that's on the edge of the cone as soon as it sets up.

M1 is BROKEN and nobody cares. Not a single other AT gun in the game can do that.

10 Apr 2020, 15:51 PM

Have a nice look at the AT gun on the left aiming straight ahead and the shot curving into the Puma that's on the edge of the cone as soon as it sets up.

The setup looked bugged. Like the yellow bar that appears when team weapons setup was delayed. The yellow bar appeared after it was already setup

And that's still a lot more than .5 seconds for setup and firing

10 Apr 2020, 15:54 PM

The setup looked bugged. Like the yellow bar that appears when team weapons setup was delayed. The yellow bar appeared after it was already setup

And that's still a lot more than .5 seconds for setup and firing

It was answered on another thread, apparently it's just an animation bug. I asked to have the comment removed because it was answered but no mod has seen it yet.

Btw this animation bug is what I was talking about, it exists but isn't exactly what I thought it was.
10 Apr 2020, 15:59 PM

Btw this animation bug is what I was talking about, it exists but isn't exactly what I thought it was.

Yeah I've seen this before too but its still taking 2-3 seconds to fire from the start of setup to the shot

Should be said that the 57 has the widest cone too. So when a bug like that occurs it looks extra weird
11 Apr 2020, 02:32 AM

I don't like that it can still retreat but that would maybe be too drastic a nerf. Rate of fire OR penetration like you said is probably a good idea

Yeah I think it needs the retreat too. But it doesn't need the 5th man or increased range. They just need to revert the more recent changes to it. All they had to do really was remove the stupid cheesy moving cloak.
17 Apr 2020, 09:44 AM

Two racketen do gods work. They fire real fast, pen almost all ally tank, have 5 men, and can escape close up death by retreating. The only faction that can sort of counter them is Soviets with katyushka. But besides that USF and UK have no chance and have to rely on doctrinal units.
17 Apr 2020, 14:06 PM

tbh i wouldnt mind seeing them have 6 men but with no retreat.
17 Apr 2020, 14:08 PM

They're fine as is, arguably worse because of worse range, just like any AT wall it will make you scream the moment you run into two of em
17 Apr 2020, 15:34 PM

And like I said, none of those stats matter. Can u read? I said "don't get technical with me." The only stat that matters is TIME TO KILL. Put any stock allied medium in the range of a pak and a raketen. I dare you to tell me that the pak will kill the tank faster than the rak.

The Pak will kill the medium tank faster, on average.

That's a shame. What about changing the crew to have a smaller size modifier so they are slightly harder to hit/insta decrew?

Target size is basically irrelevant against AoE damage, which is what the Raketen has a problem with due to clumping. The extra crew member already gives it extra durability against small arms fire.

Are you able to fix the bug where you cant allow the Rak to move when cloaked (ie have it decloak, move, recloak) like camo'd ZIS/Paks can?

That's not a bug, that is working as intended. Take a look at the patch notes where the Raketen got reworked. Moving while cloaked was deemed too powerful for a unit of its cost and relative safety due to retreat.
17 Apr 2020, 17:12 PM

If retreat is removed, we need to at least have an option to reverse it like other AT guns so that it doesn't have to turn around every time you need to move it back.
17 Apr 2020, 17:47 PM

Rak is too cheap, not too good.
17 Apr 2020, 18:25 PM

Yeah I've seen this before too but its still taking 2-3 seconds to fire from the start of setup to the shot

Should be said that the 57 has the widest cone too. So when a bug like that occurs it looks extra weird

It happens regularly on fausts. The faust looks like a guided missle and will track through smoke, even if the target pops smoke before the faust animation finishes. I think this has been the case for a long time and not really affected by the change in speed.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 48
Russian Federation 97
unknown 47
United States 20
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W