russian armor

How to counter Soviet Urban Defence

2 Feb 2020, 06:58 AM

Hello all,

How do you counter this commander?

Thank you!
3 Feb 2020, 15:36 PM
Patrion 14

Soviets using this commander are typically clustered around their forward HQ. This means indirect will be disproportionately effective. You can camp outside their HQ with MGs and keep them around the building while you pummel them with artillery.

I recommend using a stuka to either A knockout the building, or B get a ridiculous amount of kills.
3 Feb 2020, 16:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This doctrine delays teching (every fhq cost fuel) and user suffering from MP drain and low tactical mobility. Play around this disatvatages.
3 Feb 2020, 16:52 PM

You fire a Sturmtiger shell at the forward HQ.
3 Feb 2020, 17:33 PM

In the early game i find it importent to have some sort of mg there to pin them down, and use mortar to do the mp dmg. I woudnt recommend shooting the building itself though, unless its a wooden one.

Basically try to make him pay as much as possible while you try to get your tank out

If your playing okw keep in mind that going for Grand offensive doc has an arty strike for the tank commanders to kill the buildings with ease
25 Feb 2020, 11:13 AM

Thank you all!
25 Feb 2020, 12:39 PM

Thank you all!

thank you for posting here and be open to constructive advice instead of crying out in balance forum
25 Mar 2020, 07:43 AM

Hello all,

How do you counter this commander?

Thank you!

In the early game i find it importent to have some sort of mg there to pin them down, and use mortar to do the mp dmg. I woudnt recommend shooting the building itself though, unless its a wooden one.

Basically try to make him pay as much as possible while you try to get your tank out

If your playing okw keep in mind that going for Grand offensive doc has an arty strike for the tank commanders to kill the buildings with ease

Elite armor doctrine has the same tank commander upgrade ability.

Fueursturm doctrine also does great vs these buildings with the ISG flame shells and your sturmpio's flammwerfer upgrade :)
25 Mar 2020, 08:33 AM

Don't forget As okw the Goliath and some some from isgs wombo combo 😎

Also as ost you could go for spearhead doc which gives you mortar half-track with amazing incendiary rounds and a tiger for the late game
25 Mar 2020, 15:08 PM

Depending on the map you can punish the FHQ by ignoring it and focusing on their cutoff. Just force them to either move away from the FHQ to defend their cutoff or have minimal resources while you stall for your tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★