Login

russian armor

Suggestions poll for Soviet Airborne Guards

19 Jan 2020, 08:53 AM

When falls didn't Para in their commander was still a fallschirmjäger commander. Just because the Soviet paras don't airdrop in doesn't mean this isn't. It's a video game. Use your imagination. At any rate, like ALL of the Airborne commanders, this one focuses on infantry combat with air support. Not premium armor. You can complain about a detail caused by dev limitations all you want but that spirit is still there

Details are very important, they make the game complete and give pleasure. The Falls originally designed in detail: skins, weapons, voices. All that the Soviet Airborne Forces has only a name - it does not give spirit.
19 Jan 2020, 14:39 PM

Details are very important, they make the game complete and give pleasure. The Falls originally designed in detail: skins, weapons, voices. All that the Soviet Airborne Forces has only a name - it does not give spirit.

Well then petition relic to open up the full extent of the mod tools otherwise it's not heppening. I find it hard to believe that someone is complaining that free official content made by the community in a 7year old game isn't detailed enough for them. The spirit is there, you just don't want to see it because there's no parachutes.
19 Jan 2020, 18:47 PM

Well then petition relic to open up the full extent of the mod tools otherwise it's not heppening. I find it hard to believe that someone is complaining that free official content made by the community in a 7year old game isn't detailed enough for them. The spirit is there, you just don't want to see it because there's no parachutes.

Dude, this is the official “Relic Gratitude” for the long support of the game, and there really is something to thank for, the fans bought: Arden assault, missions for the theater of war, skins and commanders, the British, love and long play by fans of the game. After a mediocre main company. And if Relic really was grateful to make new textures for this commanders, it’s like a piece of cake for such a large studio. I am not talking about the voice here - it is really difficult. But throw your gratitude to the community on the shoulders of the community itself. Not to mention the fact that Relic could create a real airborne commander a long time ago, I proposed it back in 2014, then I added to my offer after the arrival of Ardena assault, not to mention a few more requests from the community about this commander.
19 Jan 2020, 22:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe it‘s not a true VDV doctrine, but definetly oriented on air support. I read about air supply by Red Army of partisans and friendly units in the rear of the German army, this part quite good represented by airdrops with SVT-40/PPSh-41 or DShK.
VDV is only part here, represented by rally points and paratroopers themselfs.

I don‘t remember the exact thread, but iirc, during pre-test discussions, Crecer13 provide some photos of soviet paratroopers with exact camo, which is used in the game by soviet sniper, shocktroops and now by paratroopers as well, so paratroopers model is kinda aesthetic.

It is not the first time, when several units based on one model (see stormtroopers/panzergrenadiers/JLI/JCS or Ostheer Sniper/OKW sturmofficer). In that case, it is not the problem, that paratroopers have the same model with sniper.

The problem is, that in-game soviet paratroopers looks like copy of in-game american paratroopers, but worse in head to head comparison, with same (?) huge price, and without democharge.

Also, i can agree with mentioned above, that soviets have to much mainline infantry units, and penals with PPSh-41 or Conscripts with SVT-40 just overshadow soviet paratroopers in the their current state.
20 Jan 2020, 00:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Dude, this is the official “Relic Gratitude” for the long support of the game, and there really is something to thank for, the fans bought: Arden assault, missions for the theater of war, skins and commanders, the British, love and long play by fans of the game. After a mediocre main company. And if Relic really was grateful to make new textures for this commanders, it’s like a piece of cake for such a large studio. I am not talking about the voice here - it is really difficult. But throw your gratitude to the community on the shoulders of the community itself. Not to mention the fact that Relic could create a real airborne commander a long time ago, I proposed it back in 2014, then I added to my offer after the arrival of Ardena assault, not to mention a few more requests from the community about this commander.

Let me make this clear. I am a community member before anything else. I am next a strategist for this site, then a moderator for occasional tournaments, then next, a member of the balance team, and then finally a tournament player. In no step along that way do I ever feel that I am a part of Relic. I do not have Relic in my name, I am not employed by Relic, and I am not payed by Relic.

Relic, to my knowledge, does not read anything to do with COH2 anymore (again, Andy exempt). No forum complaints about balance get read by this Relic that balanced the game 3 years ago, the Relic that people bought all of this DLC from, and the Relic that had the power to massively change the game back in 2014. These forum complaints go to unpaid members of the community.
20 Jan 2020, 06:59 AM

Maybe it‘s not a true VDV doctrine, but definetly oriented on air support. I read about air supply by Red Army of partisans and friendly units in the rear of the German army, this part quite good represented by airdrops with SVT-40/PPSh-41 or DShK.
VDV is only part here, represented by rally points and paratroopers themselfs.

I don‘t remember the exact thread, but iirc, during pre-test discussions, Crecer13 provide some photos of soviet paratroopers with exact camo, which is used in the game by soviet sniper, shocktroops and now by paratroopers as well, so paratroopers model is kinda aesthetic.

It is not the first time, when several units based on one model (see stormtroopers/panzergrenadiers/JLI/JCS or Ostheer Sniper/OKW sturmofficer). In that case, it is not the problem, that paratroopers have the same model with sniper.

The problem is, that in-game soviet paratroopers looks like copy of in-game american paratroopers, but worse in head to head comparison, with same (?) huge price, and without democharge.

Also, i can agree with mentioned above, that soviets have to much mainline infantry units, and penals with PPSh-41 or Conscripts with SVT-40 just overshadow soviet paratroopers in the their current state.

It’s not only that the paratroopers used a camouflage suit, it’s a unique and recognizable image - when we see the US airborne airborne skin - we know exactly who they are, Fallschirmjägers - the same story, photos of British, Italian, Japanese airborne forces - you’ll understand that this is the airborne forces . And the USSR also has this image. The same amoeba camouflage suit was used by: engineers, scouts, snipers, saboteurs, artillery observers, officers, and even regular infantry if their commander had good communications. And CoH has always tried to implement unique and recognizable skins, for better distinction, for greater pleasure.
20 Jan 2020, 19:35 PM

Is this a troll thread? Soviets are more or less broken, but broken because of beeing OP. Then you are asking for better special forces? Jesus...
20 Jan 2020, 21:46 PM

Problem with these dumb airborne doctrines is that they don’t have any armour and crutch on cheesy air strikes and OP infantry (that goes for Luftwaffe too)
21 Jan 2020, 04:27 AM

Well, if that's the case, I wonder why Acidfreak, a clear Soviet fanboy, is asking for something that is already true.

I equipped the guards with vickers k and they stop and lie to fire that lmg. I'm not sure if all the squads do the same.??
In my experience i have seen guards firing dp on the move only once and that too on an allied squad.
21 Jan 2020, 04:37 AM

Actually you don't. You forgot to have the option about agreeing to 2 or more of your proposals. Because if you added that option, you'd see that there would be quite a few allied fanboys who'd probably like to see ALL the buffs implemented. Because right now, the members who want to see all the buffs voted yes on every single question but people won't be able to see that in the final results.

Ever since you joined the forums, Acidfreak, you've done nothing but proposed Soviet buffs or say pathetically Soviet biased stuff such as thinking the KV8 right now is actually underpowered. And this is, I believe, your third poll about the airborne guards? And you probably ignored the fact that everybody and their dog said SU is the strongest faction right now, and hence even if there was a random SU unit that needed changing, it isn't a priority.

Well, at least you admitted you're a huge Soviet fanboy.

And in regards to my poll, the logic in my poll was entirely sound. EVERYONE who thought my poll somehow didn't work is because they got triggered by the wording of it. So in summary, was my poll logical sound? YES. Was the poll insulting to a bunch of allied sheep? YES. Was it meant to be insulting. YES. bEcUAsE fEeLinGs mATter, fAcTs dO nOt.

actually i do. I don't want this thread to be personal instead of useful discussion because
1. I really don't care what you think about me.
2. I gave the voters free choice to choose no. Unlike urs which is trapping the voter.

As for your allegations that I'm a allied fanboy. How about you explain why are you whining about OST needing buffs in almost every thread i visit every other day? Just because you have a rank higher than others doesn't mean you start calling others noob or getting rogue as far as to target the balance team which have been doing community work.

Yes it might be my 3rd post about airborne guards. And guess what? I will keep on making such posts about these troops until they are at the level of other special forces. And i have previously stated i find airborne guards exciting. It's like a fresh air in soviet commander roster.

I compared kv8 flame damage with OST halftrack and Churchill flame. And kv8's damage is indeed weaker in my experience compared with HT and Churchill. I'm not saying its weak. Just weaker in comparison. I don't have the stats but I'm welcome to accept any mistake if there's any in my observation. I can argue about individual units too on axis sode which are OP. But that's not the point here. Is it?

I just made a simple thread and i said i want discussion on these troops. Didn't necessarily beg for buffs.

How can you justify a 380 mp ppsh squad without camo when a 300 mp penal ppsh is available in the same doctrine?
How can you spend 100 munitions for 3 lmg when you have svt conscripts?
Lmg drop rate was also fixed after i and other members raised voice because previously they were dropping dps left and right.

Thankyou!
21 Jan 2020, 09:40 AM

How can you justify a 380 mp ppsh squad without camo when a 300 mp penal ppsh is available in the same doctrine?
How can you spend 100 munitions for 3 lmg when you have svt conscripts?

Simply because the crates weapon drop is OP (and should probably be redesinged).

Having that said Soviet Ar.Guards could use a redesing.
21 Jan 2020, 21:48 PM

Maybe can give more buff or ability to Airborne Guards make it more Elite,and limit one squad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment