Login

russian armor

Make nades dodging great (again)

23 Dec 2019, 02:50 AM

For a long while now, I´ve been noticing an irritating issue

When you click a move order to a squad, what should happen is that all squad members instantly head straight in the direction where you´ve sent them

What happens instead, is that squad members will waste a precious sec or two and sort of linger on the spot, running around each other awkwardly, until finally headin out. Except they´ve already eaten a nade by then. :loco:v:hansGG:

I dont remember this happenin some 2 or 3 years ago. My theory is that this was caused by the formations overhauls, so the unit will try to maintain proper spacing. Good intention, but when being issued a move order, they should do that as the second thing. First priority should be to GTFO of wherever they are at the moment, then they can worry about formation.

Is that the case or has it always been like this?

And could it be looked into and fixed potentially? :huhsign:
23 Dec 2019, 10:26 AM
Donator 22

good question.
Currently it seems like you either dodge very early or you better do not dodge at all. This is not good. And I do not now if this has always been like that.

Is this issue related to input lag?
You visually get a response from the squad ("linger or run around awkwadrly"), but the real response takes a bit longer ("heading out").

wating for responses from people who know more....
23 Dec 2019, 11:18 AM

A bit off topic but I can't wrap my head around the - 50% dmg reduction behind green cover if thrown over it. Nades should be a counter to cover, not the other way around.
For example:
Your conscripts stand behind green cover (sandbag) and enemy gren is firing a rifle nade. Best thing you can do is tank it, because your risking losing the whole squad as soon as you order a move out of green cover..

Maybe im overseeing something but for me at least nades should be a hard counter to cover, doesn't matter if green or yellow.
23 Dec 2019, 11:24 AM

A bit off topic but I can't wrap my head around the - 50% dmg reduction behind green cover if thrown over it. Nades should be a counter to cover, not the other way around.
For example:
Your conscripts stand behind green cover (sandbag) and enemy gren is firing a rifle nade. Best thing you can do is tank it, because your risking losing the whole squad as soon as you order a move out of green cover..

Maybe im overseeing something but for me at least nades should be a hard counter to cover, doesn't matter if green or yellow.

Imo the should be 2 type of grenades:
Offensive (stun grenades) Big AOE, stun, low damage extra damage to cover garrison
Defensive (frag grenades) smaller AOE more damage, lower damage to cover/garrison

And then rest of the grenades, incendiary/smoke/WP....
23 Dec 2019, 13:27 PM

Yes this is due to the new squad AI that got introduced about 2 years ago in order to prevent oneshot squad wipes cuz of them being clumped. Hence some of the models just wait a few seconds on their spot until the other models moved away for a bit
23 Dec 2019, 21:46 PM

Yes this is due to the new squad AI that got introduced about 2 years ago in order to prevent oneshot squad wipes cuz of them being clumped. Hence some of the models just wait a few seconds on their spot until the other models moved away for a bit

Oh the irony

Well, thx for confirmation

Would it be possible to delay this behaviour by 2 to 3 secs, so the movement can be more effective?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★