Login

russian armor

Tech For Heavies Instead of CPs

19 Dec 2019, 16:03 PM

The enduring balancing problem with heavy tanks is CPs accumulate at a different rate relative to tech in team games than they do in 1v1.

Heavy tanks were moved to CP 9 because CP 13 was too late in team games: they'd just die to the horde of veteran anti-armour accumulated by that point.

But CP 9 is proving too early for 1v1: it's viable to build a heavy as your first tank, and the threat of that is killing off the medium tier.

So why don't we solve this problem by putting them behind additional tech instead of CPs?

Instead of CPs, make heavies require an additional tech to call in, similar to the AEC. This sidetech is fairly cheap in terms of manpower, but costs a significant amount of fuel.

In teamgames, this fuel cost isn't as big of a deal because fuel income is faster. Ideally it shouldn't be too different to the 9 CP rush time.

In 1v1, it gives heavy tanks a higher teching cost than medium tanks. This means a player who stays at medium tier will have more fuel to work with, offsetting the advantage of rushing the heavy.
19 Dec 2019, 17:24 PM

This is a good suggestion

It could actually be implement for all call in vehicles to better adjust their timing.

In some case it the price could be be 0 or very very cheap and just have an added time.
19 Dec 2019, 17:35 PM

Or just follow my suggestion and make them 30-50 fuel more expensive and give their call in ability a 10-20 minute cooldown.
19 Dec 2019, 18:53 PM

...didn't....didn't we just have a patch that did that and got reverted or am I retarded.
19 Dec 2019, 21:06 PM

Or just follow my suggestion and make them 30-50 fuel more expensive and give their call in ability a 10-20 minute cooldown.

That's another way to do it.

...didn't....didn't we just have a patch that did that and got reverted or am I retarded.

The previous patch moved heavy tanks from CP13 to CP9, made them require medium tank tech, and buffed them.

That was meant to solve the no-tech heavy-stalling problem, but the earlier timing and heavy tank buffs further entrenched building heavies as your first non-light vehicle in 1v1.
20 Dec 2019, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 21:06 PMLago

That's another way to do it.

The previous patch moved heavy tanks from CP13 to CP9, made them require medium tank tech, and buffed them.

That was meant to solve the no-tech heavy-stalling problem, but the earlier timing and heavy tank buffs further entrenched building heavies as your first non-light vehicle in 1v1.

You're right, I've been away for a few months so definitely mis-remembered that patch lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★