Login

russian armor

Ban's details

4 Jan 2020, 14:07 PM

Apparently it's really hard to play videogames nowadays without acting like an absolute cunt... on top of playing the victim afterwards :thumbsup:

In most games (and the vast majority of societies), you don't have the right not to be insulted, since insults are just words, and adults can deal with those. To ban people in serious, hardcore adult video games for calling someone bad names twice in a 1hr long match is completely disproportionate. In Germany, the country you are from, people are more sensitive to these things, because they have been raised by parents that protect them from everything (I've tought in schools in the Netherlands, close to the border), which is why you think its ok to just censor people for having an opinion you don't like. The same happens when you criticize mass-immigration in Germany; people try to censor you, and parties that oppose mass-immigration are boycotted by other parties (with the support of their voters) by refusing to enter a coalition with them.

This is the moderators/community magager trying to shield snowflakes from 'bad, bad boys' using naughty words so they won't stop playing the game. It's a financial incentive that is at play here. And Relic also wants to protect its image.

Getting frustrated with cheap enemy tactics and swearing at them twice for doing so in a 1hr match shouldnt get you banned for 2 weeks in a serious, adult, competitive game in which you can set soldiers on fire.
4 Jan 2020, 14:29 PM

TBH. if you can get banned for offending someone then that is a pretty snowflake move. I get offended everytime someone tells me to "GLHF", don't tell me what to do, maybe I dont want to have fun?

So can these get banned too or is it only if a person reviewing what was said, also finds it offensive?

4 Jan 2020, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2020, 14:29 PMLatch
TBH. if you can get banned for offending someone then that is a pretty snowflake move. I get offended everytime someone tells me to "GLHF", don't tell me what to do, maybe I dont want to have fun?

So can these get banned too or is it only if a person reviewing what was said, also finds it offensive?

The new community guidelines say that you cannot offend people (ban for: 'Offensive language / speech'). You offend someone with naughty words, you get a 2 week ban. You have a naughty Steam name that Valve is perfectly fine with but German moderators might seem offensive? You get a ban, but you wont know what the actual reason was and for how long the ban is in effect.

Nice communication, Relic.
4 Jan 2020, 16:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't make this political or we'll close the thread.
4 Jan 2020, 17:45 PM

In most games (and the vast majority of societies), you don't have the right not to be insulted, since insults are just words, and adults can deal with those. To ban people in serious, hardcore adult video games for calling someone bad names twice in a 1hr long match is completely disproportionate. In Germany, the country you are from, people are more sensitive to these things, because they have been raised by parents that protect them from everything (I've tought in schools in the Netherlands, close to the border), which is why you think its ok to just censor people for having an opinion you don't like. The same happens when you criticize mass-immigration in Germany; people try to censor you, and parties that oppose mass-immigration are boycotted by other parties (with the support of their voters) by refusing to enter a coalition with them.

This is the moderators/community magager trying to shield snowflakes from 'bad, bad boys' using naughty words so they won't stop playing the game. It's a financial incentive that is at play here. And Relic also wants to protect its image.

Getting frustrated with cheap enemy tactics and swearing at them twice for doing so in a 1hr match shouldnt get you banned for 2 weeks in a serious, adult, competitive game in which you can set soldiers on fire.

Ok bro I suggest you go back to your Sturmfront webforums, and you clearly missed the mark.

There is a difference between having an opinion and just straight up being retarded. Nobody gets banned for stuff like "fucking noob" or "idiot" etc. But as I said, if you think a videogame (or anywhere) is the right place for your racial slurs or low IQ "roleplaying" then just stick to your Sturmfront forums.

ty :)
4 Jan 2020, 18:27 PM

Ok bro I suggest you go back to your Sturmfront webforums, and you clearly missed the mark.

There is a difference between having an opinion and just straight up being retarded. Nobody gets banned for stuff like "fucking noob" or "idiot" etc. But as I said, if you think a videogame (or anywhere) is the right place for your racial slurs or low IQ "roleplaying" then just stick to your Sturmfront forums.

ty :)

By which you are proving my point. When people lose their shit, they will call others 'straight up retarded' and I wouldn't pressume you'd like to get banned for that, so neither would I.

Likewise, players shouldn't get banned for using naughty words, just because some people feel offended.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 759
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L