Login

russian armor

Riflemen snares

12 Dec 2019, 12:23 PM

Since USF struggles a bit with replacing riflemen in the late game, what if Riflemen after Major is purchased could get snares at vet 0? That way the early game is untouched, so no buff there, but later in the game if you have to rebuild a rifle squad it has a snare right away, in line with okw, soviet and ostheer infantry.
12 Dec 2019, 12:38 PM

Doesn’t seem that unreasonable to me seen as OST, OKW and Sov, get a global unlock why shouldn’t the US at some point. Alternatively add it to grenades for say, extra 50mp?
12 Dec 2019, 13:48 PM

Maybe just make the snare faster after like vet 2-3? Idk, the first idea that has come to my mind.
13 Dec 2019, 07:53 AM

Either that or tie it to the grenade unlock but that's probably a little unfair still because of all the free stuff OKW and OST get.
14 Dec 2019, 06:36 AM

Permanently Banned
USF doesn't need any buffs right now. Second best faction right now.
14 Dec 2019, 16:17 PM

Sounds like a very logic and fair solution for USF, but I doubt that rifleman really need a 'free' buff.

14 Dec 2019, 18:18 PM

Sounds like a very logic and fair solution for USF, but I doubt that rifleman really need a 'free' buff.

it would come late enough it would be more like a faction QOL than a rifle buff imo. could tie it to the grenade tech as well as the major. probably need a small vet 1 change tho (pulling something from another level of vet so vet 3 is the same but vet 1 isnt barren late game?)
14 Dec 2019, 18:23 PM

This could mean that when Major is unlocked, the snare could be shot faster at vet 1 instead of being unlocked at vet 1. So getting vet 1 on a new squad after the Major could just be a small improvement to a very slow snare.
14 Dec 2019, 18:26 PM

This could mean that when Major is unlocked, the snare could be shot faster at vet 1 instead of being unlocked at vet 1. So getting vet 1 on a new squad after the Major could just be a small improvement to a very slow snare.

thats a good change. would it apply always or only after the major is unlocked? might be tricky that way tbh
14 Dec 2019, 18:29 PM

thats a good change. would it apply always or only after the major is unlocked? might be tricky that way tbh

Well my idea is:

Before Major is first purchased: no snares at vet 0, snares at vet 1

After Major is first purchased: Snares at vet 0, faster snare animation at vet 1

I guess balance team could make it slightly different I dunno
14 Dec 2019, 18:39 PM

Well my idea is:

Before Major is first purchased: no snares at vet 0, snares at vet 1

After Major is first purchased: Snares at vet 0, faster snare animation at vet 1

I guess balance team could make it slightly different I dunno

im not sure if its possible to shift around vet bonuses like that though
what im thinking might be required would be:
vet 1 gives snares and increased animation speed (even if its like 1%)
then major removes the vet requirment for the snare and buffs the modifier for the increased animation speed so that it is actually noticeable as im unsure if they can make vet change depending on other variable. know what i mean?
14 Dec 2019, 19:04 PM

Sure, if that works better, by all means.
14 Dec 2019, 19:44 PM

I think we are on the same page though
14 Dec 2019, 20:27 PM

im not sure if its possible to shift around vet bonuses like that though
what im thinking might be required would be:
vet 1 gives snares and increased animation speed (even if its like 1%)
then major removes the vet requirment for the snare and buffs the modifier for the increased animation speed so that it is actually noticeable as im unsure if they can make vet change depending on other variable. know what i mean?

I never tried to shift bonuses around, but if it is possible I would like it.

Vet1-requirement for snar -> major removes requirements

Maybe Vet1 reduces cool-down instead of animation? Or maybe change the hole look of US flare, so it looks more like in CoH1, I really liked the mechanic of timer. ^^
14 Dec 2019, 20:54 PM

Faster snare animation is definitely a buff. Mayor unlocking snares at vet0 is a QOL change indeed.

As i said before, there is no need for ninja buffs for riflemen
14 Dec 2019, 20:57 PM

Faster snare animation is definitely a buff. Mayor unlocking snares at vet0 is a QOL change indeed.

Giving a basic feature with a specific utility is a "ninja buff" to you?
14 Dec 2019, 21:00 PM

Riflemen snares are already pretty awful. Making the whole thing 10-20% faster shouldn’t make that much of a difference.
14 Dec 2019, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 20:57 PMCODGUY

Giving a basic feature with a specific utility is a "ninja buff" to you?

I doubt you understand the meaning of basic feature. By your standards every allied unit is trash
14 Dec 2019, 22:02 PM

Riflemen snare is fine as is. Vet 1 is also pretty easily attained when fighting vetted units (unvetted units fighting vetted ones gain extra veterancy).

Worst comes to worst, adding bazookas grants bare minimum AT capability and faster veterancy versus vehicles.
14 Dec 2019, 23:19 PM

I am fine for unlock AT-nades with major. That seems fair.

Beside, I would like to see some AT-freeze (like shock nade, but for tanks) for german Geballte. That would bring in some spirit or the AT role of this weapon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★