Login

russian armor

How I feel about paid commanders.

12 Nov 2013, 19:04 PM

I dont think the addons are p2w themselves, and I dont have any special principle against DLCs in general.

What annoys me is when a game is released in a 'beta-like' state, costs about 60$ and the company starts shelling out DLCs before the other basic features and problems have been fixed. It says something about theire priorities. I find the argument that they need DLCs to release basic features, like chat, a bold one. That should have been in the game to begin with, if you ask me.

Fix your game and let it settle for a bit, and when the game finally is good Id be happy to give you my money.
12 Nov 2013, 20:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

My .... my.... relatives!!! :faint:

don't worry your relatives will never know there missing. :)

(Prosthetic Testes) :D

12 Nov 2013, 20:40 PM

Permanently Banned
I have just have the impression :

Noun says some shit for protect the boat.

----> collector edition, big joke **** you

----> commanders for 4 euros now, **** you

----> I would pay maybe a skin, but i have see it's 6 euros for all tank .... rofl, just **** you

----> 80 + 24 = 104 euros. Great it's more than BF 4 + premium actually, MAYBE in 2-3 month i have pay BF 5.

----> AND THANK you for chat LOBBY free, you are so beautiful for this, and leaderboard in the game. Normaly I need to pay for this, THANK you relic ...... OH WAIT !

And next time, it's game over for your collector edition if we have nothing more than people have preorder except 4 skins.

Just don't forget, COLLECTOR EDITION for coh 3 is still GAME OVER, don't think about this if you give to collector edition nothing free except 4 skins for 40 euros.

12 Nov 2013, 20:51 PM

I have to agree on the CE beeing a let down, no collector content so far.
14 Nov 2013, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 03:11 AMNoun
I think the idea of comparing this with Call of Duty or Battlefield is a bit off the mark. We're really looking at games as a service more than a title that gets a new full priced game every year or two. We're not going to drop a $70 CoH 3 next year. We intend to support CoH 2 for the long term, even more effectively than we did with the original.

We know that some people don't like DLC, and sometimes that's a fair opinion to have. But what items like the Commanders allow us to do is offer a greater level of support to the base game than we'd have been able to in the past. Free content like new maps, the World Builder and features like Steam Chat lobbies are all built off of support from the DLC. The Turning Point Update is a huge free update to the game, and there's content in there that would not exist if it weren't for paid DLC.

CoH2 was a full game on release, nothing was held back from it. It had as robust a single player campaign as the first, a multiplayer mode like the first and an entire new play experience with Theater of War which lets players play pre-set AI battles and co-op.

We have a long roadmap for the game, and we hope you guys will stick around. There's no need to buy all of the DLC, we don't expect everyone to. Just like we designed the original expansion packs for CoH to be useable if you didn't have the base game and for players who didn't buy the expansion packs to be able to play against those that did, we're dedicated to making sure everyone has a great experience no matter what version of the game or what additional content they may have.

We hope you like the game, we've got really great plans for it.

Truth has a Relic, bud truth has the players..The player is bread..My view:
I've bought Coh2 Delux 79,99 €
four new generals 4 x 3,99 € is 15,96 €
Stalingrad bundle 11.99 €
two new generals 2 x 3,99 € is 7,98€
together : 115.92 €

It's the most money I ever gave pc game. I'm not sorry that money because COH is a really great game and RTS has no rival. If I was a psycho and I'd buy all skins and faceplates, we would have to cost more than 200€. With that I have a little headache :)
And here we do not have third DLC and new gen. and skins and faceplates. Maybe it climbs to 300€. Those of my 115 i really am sorry if: A) COH2 is not a game for one year, what should not according to the model COH1 B) if RELIC will really try to listen to the community and the game will support long-term (2-3years) C), and unless something RELIC makes the Tiger Ace, or soviet receive a similar weapon :banana:
I'm not the player with the TOP 100, but game I enjoyed. Now when I see when loading the opponent has an Tiger Ace, i'm sick of it. Playful for the Soviets like best and I think all games 1vs1 and 4vs4 is hereby generals with Tiger Ace changed completely on the contrary. The strategy of both fractions have radically changed and, if (as I write players or already here or on Steam CoH forum or forums) that this entails having problems on something that will.. Sentences like: not enough me four su85 are common phenomena..I'm not saying Tiger Ace can not destroy. But do not want to start the game with a team of oponents have Ace and I have to use 4x su85 or 4 x t34 and RAM. Download the full infantry or send him to 5x units with bazookas (which, they have no Soviets):). Still survives, and the game was over for me.. So far I've played against the Germans, now I play against Tiger ace. If it goes on like this, I will be very disappointed, the game stops playing and my 115 € tent is a waste of money...I think I'm not the only soviet..What do you think?
sovietssovietssovietssovietssovietssoviets
14 Nov 2013, 17:39 PM

I think the idea of comparing this with Call of Duty or Battlefield is a bit off the mark. We're really looking at games as a service more than a title that gets a new full priced game every year or two. We're not going to drop a $70 CoH 3 next year. We intend to support CoH 2 for the long term, even more effectively than we did with the original.

We know that some people don't like DLC, and sometimes that's a fair opinion to have. But what items like the Commanders allow us to do is offer a greater level of support to the base game than we'd have been able to in the past. Free content like new maps, the World Builder and features like Steam Chat lobbies are all built off of support from the DLC. The Turning Point Update is a huge free update to the game, and there's content in there that would not exist if it weren't for paid DLC.

CoH2 was a full game on release, nothing was held back from it. It had as robust a single player campaign as the first, a multiplayer mode like the first and an entire new play experience with Theater of War which lets players play pre-set AI battles and co-op.

We have a long roadmap for the game, and we hope you guys will stick around. There's no need to buy all of the DLC, we don't expect everyone to. Just like we designed the original expansion packs for CoH to be useable if you didn't have the base game and for players who didn't buy the expansion packs to be able to play against those that did, we're dedicated to making sure everyone has a great experience no matter what version of the game or what additional content they may have.

We hope you like the game, we've got really great plans for it.

You held back on mod support. That feature definitely made coh1 awesome to play when you get tired of the normal game play.

If you think modding ruins games ((I don't know if you do or not)) look at arma 2 with it's Day-Z mod, which increased arma 2 sales.
14 Nov 2013, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 20:14 PMWiFiDi

don't worry your relatives will never know there missing. :)

(Prosthetic Testes) :D

LoL wtf !? :D
14 Nov 2013, 17:47 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 20:51 PMI984
I have to agree on the CE beeing a let down, no collector content so far.

Imho anyone buying a DIGITAL Collector's Edition deserves to be scammed.
14 Nov 2013, 17:47 PM

Are you serious with that statement? Gods of what is pure and rainbows, why are you not reacting! So no leaderboards(!), chat rooms, lobbies, worldbuilder was that "nothing was held back"? At least don't try to tell us that white is black and just try to use some marketing mambo jumbo.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 12:42 PMLutzow
If you order a steak in a restaurant you pay for it and this is what you get. In a CoH2 restaurant you get a steak (more or less complete game at the beginning, save for the chat and ladders which are being added for free anyways) and when you finish that, you get a free dessert. And if you're more hungry you can order potatoes and salad, which you have to pay for. And some people think they should get the potatoes and salad for free also… (A silly comparison yes I know :D but nevertheless…)

Ok, here is the thing. What if in this restaurant are held eating competitions and man who will finish eating first win the price. Now, what if people get regular spoons to eat the soup and this one guy bought a spoon that is twice the size of regular one. Add to this that promised desert got delayed and instead you can buy drinks you don't want, but this will support company to deliver desert (that should be there already when you bought the game).
14 Nov 2013, 20:02 PM

Please keep the thread on topic and don't let it go off the rails.

Many thanks.
14 Nov 2013, 21:01 PM

Ok, here is the thing. What if in this restaurant are held eating competitions and man who will finish eating first win the price. Now, what if people get regular spoons to eat the soup and this one guy bought a spoon that is twice the size of regular one. Add to this that promised desert got delayed and instead you can buy drinks you don't want, but this will support company to deliver desert (that should be there already when you bought the game).

Have in mind that the post was written before the new commanders, so they weren't included in this analogy and besides as far as I see it the most problematic one is the Soviet industry which I strongly believe will get fixed, the experience people have had with Tiger Ace are that's a quite risky tactic. If we focus on old commanders only: do you really think he bought a spoon twice the size? Really? You still think that Osttruppen and Assault Grenadiers are OP? As I see it this situation is more comparable to saying that this guy's got a silver spoon while others have steel ones, not larger just different. And restaurants are usually not for competitions, but for personal enjoyment (here I mean that I believe, as I've written somewhere else, computer games are meant for fun, not primarily for competitions and winning things..). But if you want to compete and get prizes, having all the right to do so, you can set the rules, which such competitions usually do. If you believe the problem persists, you can say that everyone has to use the same type of cutlery and it solves your problem.

You don't have to buy the drinks, they're just offered, some will some won't. I am sure that the system is set that it still works even if only some people buy the stuff, not everyone.
14 Nov 2013, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 21:01 PMLutzow
Have in mind that the post was written before the new commanders, so they weren't included in this analogy and besides as far as I see it the most problematic one is the Soviet industry which I strongly believe will get fixed, the experience people have had with Tiger Ace are that's a quite risky tactic. If we focus on old commanders only: do you really think he bought a spoon twice the size? Really? You still think that Osttruppen and Assault Grenadiers are OP? As I see it this situation is more comparable to saying that this guy's got a silver spoon while others have steel ones, not larger just different. And restaurants are usually not for competitions, but for personal enjoyment (here I mean that I believe, as I've written somewhere else, computer games are meant for fun, not primarily for competitions and winning things..). But if you want to compete and get prizes, having all the right to do so, you can set the rules, which such competitions usually do. If you believe the problem persists, you can say that everyone has to use the same type of cutlery and it solves your problem.

You don't have to buy the drinks, they're just offered, some will some won't. I am sure that the system is set that it still works even if only some people buy the stuff, not everyone.

Yup. Not as much as they used to be, and the effect is more pronounced in 2v2 than 1v1. Did you catch any of the Sib/Von 2v2 with assgrens and Ostruppen last patch (since which they've not really been changed much) - I think everyone involved agreed it was a bullshit strat. Personally I think Ostruppen need to be more expensive (like, 180mp) or lose bunker building and fausts, both Ostruppen and Assault Grens need a longer cooldown after being called in, units should take longer to exit trenches, should have a higher chance of dying in a trench collapse and units in trenches should not be able to prevent a cap. Just statistically compare 240mp of Ostruppen to 240mp of Grenadier and they're substantially better.

Your analogy is kind of flawed. It's more like you've bought a bottle of wine and then the restaurant owner later informs you that when you pour a glass a higher-paying customer can walk over and have a wee in it.

Surely you get the premise that my fun/enjoyment of the game as a not hugely competitive player depends on it being a reasonably well balanced competitive game, so when I lose I can say I made x mistakes or I just got outplayed, and when I win I can feel like I deserved it. The continual introduction of new commanders is obviously not something Relic has managed to *aheh* balance with maintaining a reasonably well-balanced multiplayer, and the probable arrival in a couple of months of yet more commanders doesn't give me hope that the game is going to reach a balanced state unless Relic learn to feed in content and major changes slowly enough that their patching process and the meta can handle it.
14 Nov 2013, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 22:46 PMBlovski

Yup. Not as much as they used to be, and the effect is more pronounced in 2v2 than 1v1. Did you catch any of the Sib/Von 2v2 with assgrens and Ostruppen last patch (since which they've not really been changed much) - I think everyone involved agreed it was a bullshit strat. Personally I think Ostruppen need to be more expensive (like, 180mp) or lose bunker building and fausts, both Ostruppen and Assault Grens need a longer cooldown after being called in, units should take longer to exit trenches, should have a higher chance of dying in a trench collapse and units in trenches should not be able to prevent a cap. Just statistically compare 240mp of Ostruppen to 240mp of Grenadier and they're substantially better.

Your analogy is kind of flawed. It's more like you've bought a bottle of wine and then the restaurant owner later informs you that when you pour a glass a higher-paying customer can walk over and have a wee in it.

Surely you get the premise that my fun/enjoyment of the game as a not hugely competitive player depends on it being a reasonably well balanced competitive game, so when I lose I can say I made x mistakes or I just got outplayed, and when I win I can feel like I deserved it. The continual introduction of new commanders is obviously not something Relic has managed to *aheh* balance with maintaining a reasonably well-balanced multiplayer, and the probable arrival in a couple of months of yet more commanders doesn't give me hope that the game is going to reach a balanced state unless Relic learn to feed in content and major changes slowly enough that their patching process and the meta can handle it.

No sorry, haven't watch it, if I understand you correctly one of them used Osttruppen Commander and the other Mechanized assault? Well okay a combination of both might be problematic, although what I've read people have found ways to counter them and no longer think they're OP.

I haven't included every aspect of the game in the analogy (which we can drop now, even I think it went a bit too far :D), only the system of free and paid DLCs. Nevertheless I disagree with your statement, I don't think we're this far.

Yes I've acknowledged they're possibly unbalanced when released, but things always get fixed, as you've noticed with this patch like flame halftrack's gotten nerfed, Blitz is now disabled with a damaged engine, 120mm was nerfed a bit, which I all think are nice. And YES some of the changes could have come earlier... As I see things now, Devs are trying to fix stuff as soon as possible and the new commanders were tested in the beta, perhaps they should be tested for a bit longer next time, so we can avoid situations such as these.. All in all I think things are going in the right direction, just a bit more testing before the new releasing. I don't think that situation is so bad that we need tens of topics of pure rant, thank you :)
15 Nov 2013, 00:27 AM
Donator 33

Well, I may be bit late in showing my opinion, so I'll sum it up for you

15 Nov 2013, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2013, 00:16 AMTommy

Although true in the case of many RTS games, it doesn't have to be the case. Take chess, for example. Or vCoH, for that matter. Games can continue to remain fresh and interesting as long as they have sufficient depth (by which I mean, a great number of strategic choices where no single unit/build order/tactic is objectively superior to any other in a vacuum). It is a sign that a game lacks depth when additional units are required to keep it fresh- that game is substituting depth for sheer mass.

Aye, that's exactly what is happening. Novelty wears off; good design and good balance is what draws people in and makes them stay. I mean, look at Starcraft I, it's more than 10 years old and barely had any new units since its original release, yet it's still played by more people than COH2 for sure.

In this game's case it's even worse since novelty comes along with blatant nickel and diming. The only other major, full-price title I played with a similar model was Mass Effect 3, and even then in that game you could play and grind for the new stuff, COH2 forces you to fork over 4$ if you want to stay competitive. This kind of model is bad enough for a free-to-play game, but in a 60$ competitive multiplayer title it's just fucking unacceptable.
15 Nov 2013, 06:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If only ALL the abilities appeared in a free commander i would be fine, even if it was some "crap" combination.
15 Nov 2013, 08:32 AM

If only ALL the abilities appeared in a free commander i would be fine, even if it was some "crap" combination.

yes and I will feel much less angry if they balance it out a little later
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W