Login

russian armor

Adding soldiers and weapons

7 Dec 2019, 12:54 PM

I want to change a flamethrower weapon upgrade to instead add one soldier who is holding that flamethrower. Is that possible? (this would be for the sturmpioneer squad).

I look at the grenadier veteran squad leader upgrade (which adds 1 soldier and one rifle). It has 2 actions : slot_item_add (which I understand) and UI decorator action - which I assume changes the graphic on the grenadier squad to note it is now a 5 man unit.

I don't see anything about adding an extra soldier.

When I look at the pioneer veteran squad leader upgrade there isn't even an action!

7 Dec 2019, 17:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The 'add_to_squad_loadout_action' can be used to add a soldier to an existing squad. This can be located in the upgrade, or in the sbps with a requirement for the upgrade. Both have the same result.

The flamethrower can be set in the combat_ext of the entity which you add. It will spawn on a random entity when you use add_slot_item.
7 Dec 2019, 21:44 PM

I'll be sad one day if you stop having all the answers.

Is there a weapon upgrade for empty hands?
7 Dec 2019, 21:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 21:44 PMRigwaz
Is there a weapon upgrade for empty hands?

Perhaps the action 'remove_weapon' can achieve that. Can you try that?
7 Dec 2019, 21:58 PM

Thank you... I saw that but I didn't know if you could use that to force a soldier on spawn to have no weapon. I will give it a shot
7 Dec 2019, 23:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 21:58 PMRigwaz
Thank you... I saw that but I didn't know if you could use that to force a soldier on spawn to have no weapon. I will give it a shot

You could simply remove his weapon from hardpoint_01 under ebps>combat for the soldier you want to add. There's a few intricacies about adding a weapon to him though. Assuming you have an upgrade to add a weapon to him, you need to put give him a requirement_action under ebps>action_apply to add + change a weapon with the requirement being the upgrade.

I swear though if it's weaponless Soviets ala Hollywood you need a history lesson lmao.
8 Dec 2019, 00:46 AM

No I was thinking about more of a forward spotter idea for the Americans. I didn't want to give him a gun to prevent the temptation that it would be a unit that could assist in a fight. And I didn't want it to be a unit that could sneak up to a sniper and kill them either.

Is it problematic to go about changing the unit icon? I have no clue how to go about doing that. As a standard answer I will say that if it is complicated that's enough to make me rethink the idea and put my ideas to work somewhere else.
8 Dec 2019, 00:56 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2019, 00:46 AMRigwaz
No I was thinking about more of a forward spotter idea for the Americans. I didn't want to give him a gun to prevent the temptation that it would be a unit that could assist in a fight. And I didn't want it to be a unit that could sneak up to a sniper and kill them either.

Is it problematic to go about changing the unit icon? I have no clue how to go about doing that. As a standard answer I will say that if it is complicated that's enough to make me rethink the idea and put my ideas to work somewhere else.

Ah. You might want to give them a dummy weapon (like the minesweeper with a model change).

It's not difficult to change the unit icon. You just need Janne252's asset browser and a image editing tool that supports transparency (Photoshop being the best). eliw00d has some Youtube tutorials on how to add new UI art assets.
11 Dec 2019, 00:13 AM

It's a new day with a new weapon related problem. Unlike regular CoH2 I'm making the armies very unequal in terms of manpwoer/fuel/etc. In short one army is quantity and one is quality (wonder where I got that idea).

I was wanting to make a HMG function one way when held by germans and another if it is captured by allies (would still be a good unit but not exactly the same). I have a regular mg42 that I cloned that has different stats.

I noticed in ebps for the HMG that I can go to the recrewable extension and under race data I can change the weapon to a diffrent file. Let's say I make a new entry in sbps (cap_hmg) and link that sbps to the race recrew extension.

What all do I need to do to make sure this works so that Axis units picking up the weapon get the mg_42 and Allies units picking it up get the cap_hmg)

1. I need to make a new entry in ebps/ sbps for cap_hmg
2. I need to make a weapon data entry for cap_hmg
3. I need to link the recrew extension for the new weapon to cap_hmg for allies and change the recrew extension for cap_hmg to go back to the mg_42 (for the germans)
4. I need to link the sbps to the new ebps for the cap_hmg (need to re-check the tutorial on that but it should not be a problem).

Is there a step 5-6 that I'm missing?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS