Login

russian armor

New Commanders!

9 Nov 2013, 06:20 AM

I am so happy that the t70 will come out even sooner delicious...
9 Nov 2013, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 11:54 AMUGBEAR

Just buy the Tiger Ace commander to regain the balance, see, the game is dynamically balanced with effort and financial support you put in this game.

Thats great, my AU$120 gave me 2 months of heavily inbalanced gameplay, combined with bugs and lack of features.

And now, barely 3 months into the life-cycle of the game, its obsolete

Thanks, but no thank you for me
9 Nov 2013, 12:37 PM

One thing which also worries me is that Elite Troops Doctrine sees the introduction of fantasy equipment. From what i have read Model 24 grenades weren't stun grenades but only fragmentation grenades and in some variants smoke grenades. I think they should just stick to real WWII equipment.
9 Nov 2013, 13:55 PM

Hopefully I'm not the only one who doesn't see the massive flaws in these doctrines. Let's start off with the soviet one, why would they place repair station and auto-repair in the same doctrine. Doesn't that seem a bit redundant and unnecessary.

I agree somewhat but the entire doctrine seems to support using mass t34s as your army. Giving you two ways of repairing them means you can more easily keep them on the field.

They shouldn't have put the KV-8, whats the point of calling it in, yes it's a infantry-killer but the KV-2 can kill infantry effectively as well and the KV-2 can kill tanks. I don't see the point of using KV-8 and auto repair or station repair (together/ both at the same time).

KV-2 is pretty expensive and is probably the out of place one in this doctrine. The KV-8 can be pretty good support for your 4-5 T34s as it can easily clear out the paks and schreks quickly and make way for your horde, and due to the lack of infantry from low manpower you can't really just play normally and wait for it.

Lastly Soviet Industry, seems good on paper, but your going to spend your fuel on KV-2s, which is a call in units the decreased build time doesn't really matter. Also after this patch, the player can build t1 and t2 much faster anyways. No one will use this doctrine after a week, just like the other previous paid soviet ones.

The Soviet industry isn't really there for the quick buildings(though they are useful). The entire doctrine is supposed to be used to churn out massive numbers of T34s quickly.
Watch the stream and look how he uses it.

On the other hand, the German one seems really good. I'm hoping that the stun grenade will cost a lot of munitions. Panzer Tactician, is really annoying but at-least it got a price increase. I feel that G43s are insignificant, LMG42s are good enough.

I'm guessing the stun grenades will be a good way of stunning squads tying to flank your mg and whatnot.

What really worries me is the buy your veterancy, hopefully they significantly tested this in the beta build. Also I just remembered that they are completely changing veterancy. What they should've done instead is to have add squad leader, which will improve the squad a little bit (not a bump in vet) but also the squad leader will have a diverse weapon. For example, the squad leader of a gren squad would have a mp44. Just like vCoh

I agree with you here. Purchasable vet is really annoying, but it least it won't effect all of the units of that type like vCOH.

I can see the Tiger Ace being overpowered and broken, especially in 1 vs 1. But we will deal with it like how we dealt with the king tiger or for the release/beta vCoh players the "orginal tiger ace" in terror tactics before they replaced it with the king tiger.

I think we should actually try it out before we start calling things broken.

Also the 2 free doctrines that they are giving us look like complete crap and no one will ever use them. Yes tank traps are nice but they should be a stock structure not a doctrinal structure. These doctrines were badly designed, have fun floating your munitions.

I still use counter attack tactics constantly. It's a great doctrine, they just don't have a cheese unit that can be exploited like the german ones.
10 Nov 2013, 06:37 AM

DietBrownie, having played Soviet Industry through the Beta test, I must disagree with your statements on it. That is all I can say for now...
10 Nov 2013, 14:46 PM

Elite troops looks cool for Germans, G43s for 10 muni on PGs goes perfect with shreks, then you can buy vet for them.. Throw in accuracy bulletin for them..
Lols.

Build up an army, try get a few tanks and pios, then call tiger ace, and try to maintain what you have with the pios.

Spamming T34s looks good as well, then grab kv8 if they spam shreks and paks, or KV2 if they go panthers, use ram and KV2 to finish them.

Or possibly even SU85 spam with KV8s.
10 Nov 2013, 15:48 PM

Why spam fragile T-34s when you can spam KV-2s/KV-8s? haha.
10 Nov 2013, 16:31 PM

I find it rather hilarious that Tank Traps and purchase-able vet for Germans have found their way in-game despite the constant insistence that CoH2 is supposed to be different than vCoH... apparently now for the sake of being different than vCoH.
10 Nov 2013, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 19:18 PMlink0
I cannot see how a (free) Tiger Ace can be balanced. Even though income is completely halted, you could just call it in when the VPs are very low to murder everything. There are almost no downsides in that situation.

Soviet industry ability also sounds OP as hell. Non-stop tank pumping with vehicle crew repair and repair station.

It's like the King Tiger from VCoH.
10 Nov 2013, 20:27 PM

If anybody has played Elite troops doctrine please chime in about the Tiger Ace: Is the income really completely halted or is it just reset to zero?

And the Tiger Ace, what makes it different from the normal tiger?
10 Nov 2013, 21:30 PM

I find it rather hilarious that Tank Traps and purchase-able vet for Germans have found their way in-game despite the constant insistence that CoH2 is supposed to be different than vCoH... apparently now for the sake of being different than vCoH.

Really makes you wonder, dosent it?
10 Nov 2013, 21:32 PM

If anybody has played Elite troops doctrine please chime in about the Tiger Ace: Is the income really completely halted or is it just reset to zero?

And the Tiger Ace, what makes it different from the normal tiger?

Beta players can't talk about it, but I think there is supposed to be a stream tomorrow. You will find out then.
10 Nov 2013, 22:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Tiger Ace same as normal Tiger tank but vet 3 right away? or will it be a completely different tank in performance?
11 Nov 2013, 00:28 AM

thanks for the info omega.

If you guys look at the promo video, the Tiger Ace has the commander sitting upright and there's no 'turret top gunner'.

This implies (speculation) that there are special abilities, such as longer range vision (like the Su-85). The Tiger from Case Blue had a bunch of magic goodies, such as smoke discharger and self repair.
11 Nov 2013, 09:49 AM

Tiger Ace will probably have its own special abilities and stats. It probably won't be able to vet up at all, and just have stats similar to that of a vet 3 tiger of now, before they do the nerf to vet 2.

Very much like a King Tiger, including how the KT used to drop manpower income to nothing for a while after you call it in.
12 Nov 2013, 23:52 PM

I'm not sure if all this has been released or not, however, having just installed a 1gb patch, I'll assume it's out of beta.

So: The Tiger Ace, not happy, really not happy. I instantly had a Vet 2 sniper after purchasing vet. eventually I was able to do this with most of my units. Despite my poor German playing skills. We were able to hold against 2x Expert AI on rails and metal. All I was interested in was testing the Tiger Ace. First off I didn't find it could vet, it already started out with 3 stars, so it can't blitz. What it can do however is have an outrageous amount of HP and damage out put. What kind of tank 1 shots T-70s and then destroys an SU-85 right next to it that was repairing. What kind of tank takes a penetrating hit (surprisingly) from an SU-76M and it does about the same percentage of health damage as a con non-penetrating AT nade does to a vanilla tiger. I hope it has been balanced but I haven't seen any evidence of it. Really, the 0 resource income isn't good enough IMO. Who cares about VPs when the Tiger can drive to the Soviets base and sit there destroying everything? It's crazy. Who knows, I can't fully say anything as I haven't played it vs people. But as far as I know, it stinks to high heaven.

(If I've jumped the gun on this I'll delete my post, to all intents and purposes I don't think I have, though I didn't preorder the commanders so I don't know if they are out or not)
12 Nov 2013, 23:59 PM

when are these actually going to be available? I have seen nothing of the luft or partizan ones.
13 Nov 2013, 00:17 AM

What kind of tank 1 shots T-70s and then destroys an SU-85 right next to it that was repairing. What kind of tank takes a penetrating hit (surprisingly) from an SU-76M and it does about the same percentage of health damage as a con non-penetrating AT nade does to a vanilla tiger.

elefant.

but seriously, its strong, but its got weaknesses. soviets can just play an attrition game after they see a tiger ace. slowly thin out the german army since you know he cant reinforce for long. ram, AT nade, or mine and that tiger is now an easy target. did you not watch the stream? brads tiger got destroyed quite easily.
13 Nov 2013, 00:31 AM

Well, I can already tell that these two commanders are pay to win after 2 games lol.

Elite units allow you to absolutely steal map control by vetting grenadiers and have them mowing down anything in their path. Once they're vet 2 with the G43 and the new accuracy buff, Soviet infantry pretty much evaporates even if it's also vetted. This pretty much makes PGrens obsolete along with a lot of other German early game units. Fast maxims could be a counter I guess, but beware the P4 that's going to shoot to vet 2-3 as fast as possible making T2-T3 fairly useless. Starting to get back on your feet? What a shame, here's a buffed up supertiger to base-rush you. I was wrong about this being mostly usefull in team game, the Ace can single-handedly seal a contested 1v1.

Soviet industry ain't much better. Hope you like T70 rushes and easy repair. Oh, and the buildings going up pretty much instantly allows for nice map control bonus as well as super-fast Maxims or M3s.

I mean, AssGrens and Osttruppen were bad enough, but this stuff seems to go above and beyond even that. Perhaps that's why they're 4$ apiece.
13 Nov 2013, 00:52 AM

The Soviet defense doctrine gives an extremely strong early game. Everything is at CP o and 1. I played a little, and already recognize it as being quite strong.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak