Login

russian armor

Ass Gren+ PGren Shrek Blob into Tiger (2v2)

23 Nov 2019, 21:12 PM

I've been playing against this strat pretty recently and I have no idea how to counter it. Assuming I don't know that they pick the commander from the beginning, I normally am playing with conscripts which ass grens push around pretty easily until cons get some vet. I typically stall counter until a T70 but I just can't kill the grens or the Pgrens fast enough to control the map. The StuGE also evens out the playing field (call in no tech needed). Then by the time I get T34s it has maybe 2-3 minutes before the tiger and then it's pretty much attack move with the blob and tiger around the map. What to do? 2x maxims maybe?
23 Nov 2019, 23:54 PM

In your case, either SVT con spam/blob (airborne doc) and/or 2-3 HMGs. If you are kinda low on fuel then rush a M5 quad flak, its really good if the enemy doesnt have AT guns and it hardcounters schreck spam/blob unlike the T70. Or try M5 quad in general, even if you would have enough fuel for T70.

In this case you should be able to keep map control so he can't rush tiger.. then you also dont need a T34 so you can spam SU76 or get SU85 for lategame instead. If you still wanna get T34 nonetheless, you need 1 or 2 ZiS guns
12 Dec 2019, 14:33 PM

You can play Cons against Assgrens. But it takes skill and patience.

The plan is to keep your cons at distance for as long as possible. And just as the Ass-Grens close the line, you retreat. This is so you don't lose modles and you do damage. When you retreat the Con, have another conscript further back and do the same thing.

When you can, try get SVT upgrades for your Cons. Don't forget to build green cover on all relevant points. Try to barbwire off the cover or build mines on the opposite side to deny.

If you go 4 conscripts have 2 one side of the map and 2 on the other supporting eachother, you should be fine. Just make sure they cover eachother at different distances. And again, once the grens get close RETREAT.

Further more, upgrade your engineer with a flamer. Whilst your cons are taking rounds, burn the assholes alive.
Shocktroops work amazingly well against Assgrens, so long as you have a con or engineer for support.

If your enemy is blobbing, then just leave the engagement and cap othersides of the map. Use mines and demolition charges to cause bleed.

Once your T70 comes out you can open season enemy infantry without any fear of being fausted
23 Dec 2019, 12:46 PM

First thing you do is be on alert for ass grens euther by using buildings engies anything that gives more vision. The earliest you can encounter one is when you have 2 cons. So you will always have numeric advantage. The trick is to forc the ass grens to engage one of you cons while risking taking massive damage from other cons.So if you spot the first ass gren/ ass gren assault force(3x) you need to use the advantage range numbers and multiple angles and even the sandbags of cons to ward the off before you get MG's. Since there is no Grens t70 may not be needed go for m5 Quads and rush for T34/85's and keep 1-2 zis. They can be handy if the blob gets caught by the mg or quad the zis barrage will force the blob to retreat or slaughter them outright. Once you have 2 t34/85's and 2 zis. That tiger wont be an issue.
23 Dec 2019, 12:56 PM

Conscripts should easily handle Assgrens if they’re stationary and spot them from max distance. Avoid corners and keep a lot of space and awareness to stop and open fire on approaching assgrens. Main thing you should look out for is actually the 250 clown car, which will hunt down and delete any low health conscript. It’s kind of odd you’re struggling vs Mechanized Assault, as it works the least vs Soviets.

I actually think Guards spam obliterates this strat, though this might not be the case in 2v2 as much as 1v1. 2-3 Guards blob can destroy any approaching Assgrens, bleed any Pgrens and fight off the Stugie if you have good micro, though a Su76 works wonders if they start spamming Stugies.

If you feel exotic, Luvnest faced Mechanized Assault on Kholodny ferma playing as Soviets and used a Penal start with a clown car to win easily. You may wannan check it out to see if you can get some ideas.
26 Jan 2020, 16:20 PM

Just make shock troops and use for mother Russia.

Literally the easiest play to counter as soviets since shocks hard counter all Axis CQ inf.
27 Jan 2020, 13:18 PM

Who do work Cons PPSH vs AssG?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight