Login

russian armor

"For Mother Russia" (sprinting while in combat)

17 Nov 2019, 11:47 AM

lol, thanks to you and DerbyHat. I never used it when playing brits, because the description is completely wrong. Its wrong here at coh2.org in the updated abiliy guide too. So maybe its not on par with VA and FMR, but its way better than I thougt.

Ur welcome but IMO the sleeper OP is the Radio Silence from good old OP Spec Ops Commander.
17 Nov 2019, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 20:46 PMJilet

Are you planning to fix the UKF "Assault" too ?
I mean pls do it.
it already like valiant , but for some reason u get map recon too for the same price
17 Nov 2019, 11:51 AM

Assault doesn't give sprint, but a slight movement bonus.

Affects all infantry units.

It costs 70 munitions, not 100 munitions.

It's also only gives +15% accuracy, compared to +25% for VA and +50% for FTML.

ommando Doctrine Assault
The following changes have been made to make this abilities cost better match its value and increase its usability.
• Weapon accuracy increased from 1.15 to 1.25
• Speed boost no longer applies to units in combat
• Cost reduced from 80 to 70
• Recharge time increased from 90 to 120

now it's just a straight better valiant assault
17 Nov 2019, 13:13 PM

ommando Doctrine Assault
The following changes have been made to make this abilities cost better match its value and increase its usability.
• Weapon accuracy increased from 1.15 to 1.25
• Speed boost no longer applies to units in combat
• Cost reduced from 80 to 70
• Recharge time increased from 90 to 120

now it's just a straight better valiant assault

How is it better? VA gives sprint out of combat, Assault gives small movement bonus + plane overflight. Just different if you ask me.

Also ty for posting changes, didn't know them.
17 Nov 2019, 13:28 PM

How is it better? VA gives sprint out of combat, Assault gives small movement bonus + plane overflight. Just different if you ask me.

Also ty for posting changes, didn't know them.
i might be wrong but 25 % move speed is very similar to sprint and the recon is map wide so yes its valiant assault + recon for the same price
17 Nov 2019, 14:05 PM

i might be wrong but 25 % move speed is very similar to sprint and the recon is map wide so yes its valiant assault + recon for the same price

Sprint is more like +50% movement speed, looking at cruzz's thread, there's quite a stark difference.

Also doctrinally Luftwaffe itself is stronger.
17 Nov 2019, 14:06 PM

Sprint is more like +100% movement speed, there's quite a stark difference.
gonna test
17 Nov 2019, 14:07 PM

gonna test

Edited my post.
17 Nov 2019, 14:35 PM

ok tested in cheat mod , they literally have the same speed, bug ?

gonna check game files them self now

EDIT: ok just checked they literally have the same line of code, and so the same speed , intentional or not now valiant assault is a straight worse commando assault continuing with the trend of commander ability being generally better for allied factions

both change speed posture to value of 1
17 Nov 2019, 17:02 PM

Sprint is more like +50% movement speed, looking at cruzz's thread, there's quite a stark difference.

Also doctrinally Luftwaffe itself is stronger.

I think if nothing else the power of falls make VA more powerful for the same reason that if assault, VA and FMR were all the exact same FMR would be the weakest-the caliber of troops it's buffing. VA is buffing volks, sturms falls and Obers. Assault is buffing Tommies, sappers and commandos who have no moving dps to speak of, no ranged dps to speak of and who need a pile of extra resources to get both of those, respectively.
17 Nov 2019, 17:33 PM

I think if nothing else the power of falls make VA more powerful for the same reason that if assault, VA and FMR were all the exact same FMR would be the weakest-the caliber of troops it's buffing. VA is buffing volks, sturms falls and Obers. Assault is buffing Tommies, sappers and commandos who have no moving dps to speak of, no ranged dps to speak of and who need a pile of extra resources to get both of those, respectively.
???
17 Nov 2019, 17:50 PM

???

Respectively means apply each trait to the unit in that order.
Tommies have no moving dps. Sappers have no ranged dps
Commandos have to unlock racks and arm up with brens, but do get both.
17 Nov 2019, 18:01 PM

Respectively means apply each trait to the unit in that order.
Tommies have no moving dps. Sappers have no ranged dps
Commandos have to unlock racks and arm up with brens, but do get both.
but u put sturm
17 Nov 2019, 21:02 PM

but u put sturm

As an axis unit effected by VA. They are better at range than sappers
18 Nov 2019, 11:53 AM

As an axis unit effected by VA. They are better at range than sappers
same for IS vs volks they are better at range, i dont get ur point, are u saying that VA is better simply cause unit who wears cross instead of star uses it ? just for ur knowldge, commado have superd dps mpving and they get elite bren (mg 34) that can fire on the move, sapper have only 1 less dps than ass green on the move and can be equipped with bren, IS are better at range than volks

so no VA is a straight worse ability than commando assault as it does not have a free MAP WIDE recon

ps if u are asking how sapper have almost the same moving dps as ass green is cause they have a 1.0 moving accuracy multiplayer instead of 0.75

to further make u understand, VA gives 0.25 bonus acc and set posture speed to 1 , commando assault gives 0.25 bonus accuracy and set posture speed to 1 + MAP WIDE RECON PASS, both cost 70 munitions

VA should cost 50-60 mun or get a recon too, or even let falls reinforce from anywhere for the duration
18 Nov 2019, 15:14 PM

same for IS vs volks they are better at range, i dont get ur point, are u saying that VA is better simply cause unit who wears cross instead of star uses it ? just for ur knowldge, commado have superd dps mpving and they get elite bren (mg 34) that can fire on the move, sapper have only 1 less dps than ass green on the move and can be equipped with bren, IS are better at range than volks

so no VA is a straight worse ability than commando assault as it does not have a free MAP WIDE recon

ps if u are asking how sapper have almost the same moving dps as ass green is cause they have a 1.0 moving accuracy multiplayer instead of 0.75

to further make u understand, VA gives 0.25 bonus acc and set posture speed to 1 , commando assault gives 0.25 bonus accuracy and set posture speed to 1 + MAP WIDE RECON PASS, both cost 70 munitions

VA should cost 50-60 mun or get a recon too, or even let falls reinforce from anywhere for the duration

Read the words.
The units effected by VA are simply better both at range an on the move (both)
Tommies are good at range but NOT on the move and sappers are good on the move but NOT at range. Commandos can be both, but it is very costly as it requires unlocking the racks, then double arming them ontop of the cost of the glider and commando.

Again if you read the words, you would see I stipulated that if they were identical abilities VA would have a higher impact due to the reasons mentioned above.
Panther and p4 used to have the same vet but both blitz and the armour bonus got greatly reduced on the panther because higher stats are improved more by percentage based buffs. This is no different. The units effected by VA are of a higher caliber than those effected by assault or for mother Russia and that's not even disputable.
18 Nov 2019, 16:20 PM

Read the words.
The units effected by VA are simply better both at range an on the move (both)
Tommies are good at range but NOT on the move and sappers are good on the move but NOT at range. Commandos can be both, but it is very costly as it requires unlocking the racks, then double arming them ontop of the cost of the glider and commando.

Again if you read the words, you would see I stipulated that if they were identical abilities VA would have a higher impact due to the reasons mentioned above.
Panther and p4 used to have the same vet but both blitz and the armour bonus got greatly reduced on the panther because higher stats are improved more by percentage based buffs. This is no different. The units effected by VA are of a higher caliber than those effected by assault or for mother Russia and that's not even disputable.

fun fact IS have better dps than volks long range so it's not BOTH as u say, and sturm are not good at range they have less than 1 dps while RE can upgrade vicker or bren making them good at range and costing almost 100 mp less, commando pay 90 mun for 2 elite bren, obers pay 90 for 1 mg 34 while still having worse long and close dps , same for falls

i know crosses are bad and stars are good but this is beyond biased, u could make that argument for soviet as they don't have much elite long range units, but brits ? literally the best long range faction ?

btw the on the move dps of volks is worse at long range but better at close >(the reson si simple, they get 0.35 moving acc instead of 0.5 but they better long range dps making the 15%less acc on the move irrelevant for long range)
18 Nov 2019, 21:10 PM

fun fact IS have better dps than volks long range so it's not BOTH as u say, and sturm are not good at range they have less than 1 dps while RE can upgrade vicker or bren making them good at range and costing almost 100 mp less, commando pay 90 mun for 2 elite bren, obers pay 90 for 1 mg 34 while still having worse long and close dps , same for falls

i know crosses are bad and stars are good but this is beyond biased, u could make that argument for soviet as they don't have much elite long range units, but brits ? literally the best long range faction ?

btw the on the move dps of volks is worse at long range but better at close >(the reson si simple, they get 0.35 moving acc instead of 0.5 but they better long range dps making the 15%less acc on the move irrelevant for long range)

first thing is first, i play all factions and discuss balance with that in mind so you can piss off with the "crosses bad" shit and save it for someone who actually does want the axis to be unplayable. its funny that you are accusing me of bias while intentionally beating around what i am saying which flattly is that if the buffs are the exact same okw benefits more due to greater base stats and unit design. sprint definitely benefits all units, but more so those that need to close, and accuracy is great on all units as well, but those that are already highly accurate or have no ranged dps to speak of dont get the same bammo from an accuracy bonus. so compounding these bonuses on units that can benefit from both vs units that benefit generally from one or the other is a big deal.

and then to address the rest of your post, yes, IS DO have more long range dps, but volks are not weak and benefit greatly from both the movement AND the accuracy, while many of the brit units gain from only 1 at a time. volks CAN chose how to engage for maximum effectiveness so even against close range squads increased movement is beneficial

and yes, the brits can get weapon rack weapons which do them well, but again, it doesnt improve them in the same way that good at all ranges, firing on the move weapons do.

as for the soviet, thats exactly the point im making but inverse. they don't have great long range performance but benefit more from the sprint (AT satchels and sprint is quite op and shocks with sprint are nasty too)

the only point im trying to make is that the okw units benifit more fully from the buffs provided, if thats a better way to word it.
18 Nov 2019, 23:28 PM

Again that's subjective , u don't see a lot of moving and shooting in the game , u Just want to get to cover quickly or flank , is are better than volks for that (the famous is bren blob), while once again u deny other points ,RE get decent moving DPS and can even get bren for all range DPS unlike Sturm and as said above commando with brens cost similar to obers but have better moving and close DPS and out class falls at all ranges

I know u want to make the Brits look weak but they aren't , it's are just subjective opinion, especially when IS have better moving DPS at long range than volks a point u seem to ignore
19 Nov 2019, 00:12 AM

You are intentionally ignoring the "not at the same time" clause arent you? Yes.
Sappers with 4 smgs=good on the move.
Sappers with brens= good at range
The point is AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME.
Once more
AT THE SAME TIME
this offers tactical flexibility.
If it's a long range squad you can close, if it's a short range squad you can still benifit from the accuracy at range

Granted I've just been informed that relative positioning is an outdated design and the ONLY characteristic that matters is how much the unit costs so maybe sappers should get nerfed idk.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★