Login

russian armor

World Champs Final Weekend polls and discussion

15 Nov 2019, 19:53 PM

A_E, we love your casting so much that we decided to rent this house for the weekend.

Starting tomorrow morning we will be there until Sunday do watch, discuss, swear, rage, eat, and love COH :-)
Thank you a LOT LOT LOT for casting.

yours,
7 fanboys being allowed by their mothers and wifes to leave home for the weekend

Wow. Envy total!
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 19:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

A_E, we love your casting so much that we decided to rent this house for the weekend.

Starting tomorrow morning we will be there until Sunday do watch, discuss, swear, rage, eat, and love COH :-)
Thank you a LOT LOT LOT for casting.

yours,
7 fanboys being allowed by their mothers and wifes to leave home for the weekend

Gunther you and your dudes deserve a major shout out this year be sure to post a cool group photo!

Alwaya impressed with your commitment to the cause!!
15 Nov 2019, 20:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 11:47 AMA_E

No. I see plenty of balance discussion in the forums, but discussion of the competition, the players, the matches, the strategies, and the matchups to come.... none. Tbh it's been like this for years.

First off, great casting. The current tournament is a very good event and the games are fun to watch. Thanks for the organisation of all of this!

But apart from that, I honestly think there is not too much to discuss. The community here is very focused on game balance and besides that quite small. The strategy part is mostly dead due to the few people discussing. Also, the very experienced and well-known players do not participate in this forum for the most part, which might add to the lack of strategy discussions.

I'm not sure what discussions you'd expect from the tournament. If I look into the current news about sports its mostly on management issues, trainers getting fired (both obviously not applicable to COH2), sometimes player portraits. But then again the community does not know much about the players, since most of them play quite privately and that's alright.

The probably biggest point would be game analysis, but there COH2 has the huge problem of being inherently RNG. The whole game revolved around RNG management. Some players are better at microing around that than others, but in the end you cannot decide if in a certain situation that heavy tank shot kills half your squad or not. All discussions would sooner or later be "if that shot had missed, the infantry squad could have decrewed the PaK gun and allowed the medium tank to kill the rocket artillery that 10 min later wiped two squads". If, would, could, maybe. We don't know. Maybe the medium would have missed thrice and gotten killed himself.
It's not like a football or something else. If a player misses three clear goals, he's not in form. In COH2 it just might be RNG. I don't see the benefit of discussions like those, as there is not much substance.

Last point are build orders and micro, like VonIvan's double dodge car build (side note here: many other matches were played with pretty much standard build orders). Now there obviously could be a discussion why they worked against Brosras and not so much against Luvnest. I don't recall the different games that well anymore, but in the last game I think Von lost one of them to a teller while the other one was badly microed and killed by Conscripts. Maybe in general Luvnest was better at parking his units behind cover and not bleeding that much compared to Brosras. So it comes down to micro, but there is not much you can discuss about that in the end as well.

You may object and convince me anytime, but in my eyes there often is no huge benefit/use (which translates into interest of the community) in many discussion topics, added by the fact that we have a small community here on org and COH2 overall.

I do realize that my post is probably a bit confusingly written, but I hope that I got my main points across.
16 Nov 2019, 06:37 AM
Donator 22

I'm not sure what discussions you'd expect from the tournament. If I look into the current news about sports its mostly on management issues, trainers getting fired (both obviously not applicable to COH2), sometimes player portraits. But then again the community does not know much about the players, since most of them play quite privately and that's alright.

This is very disillutioning.
I totally share your point of view.
If you would put things in the forum like "player x said player y sucks" or "caster X thinks player Y is a jerk".....you would get responses for sure.
Like you, I am glad this is not the core of the forum.

compared to popular sports this community is already hyper analytic and, for me, very cool
16 Nov 2019, 17:01 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 19:54 PMA_E

Gunther you and your dudes deserve a major shout out this year be sure to post a cool group photo!

Hey A_E, here is a true fanboy foto.
Still hope to reinforce the 7th man.
Here you watch you all weekend. Thanks for casting!

16 Nov 2019, 18:02 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hey A_E, here is a true fanboy foto.
Still hope to reinforce the 7th man.
Here you watch you all weekend. Thanks for casting!

you guys:clap::thumbsup:
19 Nov 2019, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 18:18 PMRosbone
A few things.

A) Thanks to all involved for this tourney!!! Cheers

B) I cant believe how little love Noggano is getting in the voting so far.

C) The early rounds of this tourney were over so fast and were casted on several channels. The fun of these games is seeing them live. Which was not possible because there were too many games. Having one central channel that casts the games really helps the hype. Watching replays is like watching a video taken of a party you could not attend. You get the highlights but none of the emotional connection to what is happening in real time.

D) This topic is already off the rails talking about stuff not related to the tourney :P

Yes. This is why I wasn’t very hyped for the final
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS