Login

russian armor

Free Community designed commanders

5 Nov 2013, 18:30 PM

“Four new Commanders, two per faction, are being introduced into the game’s multiplayer and skirmish modes. One Commander from each faction was designed by members of the Company of Heroes 2 community during a visit to Relic this summer.”
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/05/weve-got-a-free-company-of-heroes-2-expansion-soon/

This sounds awesome.
6 Nov 2013, 01:54 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I hope they designed some really OP bullshit commanders so that we can win games without having to spend money in the stupid DLC store.
7 Nov 2013, 20:01 PM

That is great , although i d like it to be a bit more open to the community
7 Nov 2013, 20:28 PM

The community commanders are the defensive ones you saw in the livestream. You know, the ones with the tank traps.
8 Nov 2013, 02:58 AM

awesomeness! wtg Relic.
8 Nov 2013, 06:44 AM

Tanks traps and Elefant in a 2v2 anyone...
8 Nov 2013, 07:13 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Pic of community members designing a commander in Vancouver... GeneralMistake, Rogers, Krebs, & David w Quinn

I think ImperialDane, HelpingHans, Sepha & Pounder were working on one at another table.

L to R in this pic are Ryan McGechaen (TribalBob @ Relic), Complexity, Yoink, Peter Qumsieh (pqumsieh @ Relic), ImperialDane, Quinn Duffy (Relic) and GeneralMistake

8 Nov 2013, 07:19 AM

I hope they designed some really OP bullshit commanders so that we can win games without having to spend money in the stupid DLC store.

I don't see a problem with funding the company creating content for a game we all love
8 Nov 2013, 08:36 AM
Patrion 14

I dont want OP commanders in any way. And I think there is a problem when the paid commanders feature units and abilities not available for free.

That said, Im with gunshy on this. I will buy to support relic. Simple as that and I have no issues with it. Im always counting money paid/time played. And counthing this way, CoH2 is still very cheap to me comparing to other games.
12 Nov 2013, 09:09 AM
Patrion 26

Pic of community members designing a commander in Vancouver... GeneralMistake, Rogers, Krebs, & David w Quinn

I think ImperialDane, HelpingHans, Sepha & Pounder were working on one at another table.

L to R in this pic are Ryan McGechaen (TribalBob @ Relic), Complexity, Yoink, Peter Qumsieh (pqumsieh @ Relic), ImperialDane, Quinn Duffy (Relic) and GeneralMistake

That's a huge community.... How on nice that 99% of the same community didn't have a clue about this...
13 Nov 2013, 19:37 PM

Broadcasters are the community. The players are the financial base.

Broadcasters generate potential income in the form of new viewers being interested in the game. They're the best form of advertising that developers want to support these days. Hence: they are the community.
13 Nov 2013, 21:35 PM

I made a thread a week or two ago , in that thread i suggested more or less a competition for creating commanders and even a mechanism of filtering them out to get to the best ones . With the "winning" ones being given to relic for evaluation and potential implementation , unfortunately neither the stuff or the relic devs bothered to look at it or make a comment about it which meant the proposition was burried :/ since it had no official confirmation . I hope map creation does not go down the same road
13 Nov 2013, 21:46 PM

Actually, weren't all the community maps that were implemented into vCoH done so through a such a method? Weren't there official map contests? (That I assume more or less involved the community on a broad[er] scale?)
13 Nov 2013, 21:54 PM

Actually, weren't all the community maps that were implemented into vCoH done so through a such a method? Weren't there official map contests? (That I assume more or less involved the community on a broad[er] scale?)

I think yes and that is why i hope ppl will get an equal chance at presenting their maps for evaluation despite them being relativley unknown to the community .
13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PM

I enjoyed the "T2 callin doctrine" for soviets, whoever made that gets a free manhug from me. It basically allows you to have so much fun with 0 cp super-mg
13 Nov 2013, 22:49 PM

Lol. Those pictures look rather much like the convention of Magic the Gathering nerds that have a nest at my local book store.
14 Nov 2013, 01:20 AM

I miss playing Magic... Oh Wizards of the Coast before Pokemon cards ever happened...
14 Nov 2013, 01:22 AM

That's a huge community.... How on nice that 99% of the same community didn't have a clue about this...

because its a circlejerk
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak