Login

russian armor

How to counter Elite Troops Doctrine - Panzer Grens

29 Oct 2019, 22:42 PM

I was in a 2v2 recently. The team i was against were both Whermacht, both used the Elite Troops Doctrine commander, both used pure Panzergren bulletins, Both had Jager Light Infantry upgrades on said PanzerGrens.

I could not counter this for the life of me.

I built mines to counter blobs, and in reality they did nothing, their engineers would normally hit them.

My mortar was constantly harrassed by Storm Troopers inside buildings.

The katyusha could never get a decent enough hit.

I then decided to get Shock Troops. Nothing happen, my shock troops got absolutely spit roasted by these Panzer Grens. Am i genuinely suprised, How can Panzergrens with Medium/long range rifles beat my armoured shocks in CQB?

I did admitedly go Conscript heavy, not penals.

Can i get some advice on how i can do better? I just felt like my counters didn't work.

I spammed mines, but i feel like mines require a lot of luck, somehting i didn't have.

Thanks for the help!
30 Oct 2019, 14:56 PM

I was in a 2v2 recently. The team i was against were both Whermacht, both used the Elite Troops Doctrine commander, both used pure Panzergren bulletins, Both had Jager Light Infantry upgrades on said PanzerGrens.

I then decided to get Shock Troops. Nothing happen, my shock troops got absolutely spit roasted by these Panzer Grens. Am i genuinely suprised, How can Panzergrens with Medium/long range rifles beat my armoured shocks in CQB?

I did admitedly go Conscript heavy, not penals.

Pgrens with g43's are an almost useless upgrade. Use sight blockers and smoke to get as close as you can while minimizing the damage, Shocks Troops should normally rip them apart like piranhas if they get too close, use grenades and avoid their grenades.

Always go for penals they are generally better than cons in almost everything and with vet 3 you don't even need a shock troop. TBH
30 Oct 2019, 15:34 PM

Pgrens with g43's are an almost useless upgrade. Use sight blockers and smoke to get as close as you can while minimizing the damage, Shocks Troops should normally rip them apart like piranhas if they get too close, use grenades and avoid their grenades.

Always go for penals they are generally better than cons in almost everything and with vet 3 you don't even need a shock troop. TBH

I mean admitedly i had 1 shock vs 3 Pgrens. But i was vet 2 and they were unvetted.

I enjoy penals, but you lose the utility of the conscripts.

AT nades, Molotovs, better flanking potential due to OORAH ect.

If i was going penal heavy, would 3 penals + 1 con be good?

Currently i am going 3 cons, 1 penal, 1 scout car
30 Oct 2019, 16:22 PM

I mean admitedly i had 1 shock vs 3 Pgrens. But i was vet 2 and they were unvetted.

I enjoy penals, but you lose the utility of the conscripts.

AT nades, Molotovs, better flanking potential due to OORAH ect.

If i was going penal heavy, would 3 penals + 1 con be good?

Currently i am going 3 cons, 1 penal, 1 scout car

Then use green cover shocks will last quite a while even when being focused fired cus of the light armor just remember to shoot the squad with the lowest health first.

Penals have Satchel good for okw trucks & bunkers and ptrs with at satchel which is a deathtrap for elephants

Yes 3 penals 1 con would be a good build you can use the conscript to cap while penals engage.

30 Oct 2019, 16:50 PM

Pgrens with g43's are an almost useless upgrade.

No it's not, what you smokin' : )))))
30 Oct 2019, 20:01 PM

Tightrope says pzgrens with g43s are quite good. Im sure i heard this in one of his casts. They get moving accuracy and can catch shocks coming at them.
17 May 2020, 17:22 PM

pgrens are useless if you have them fighting in short distance but good for long distance, like they said, if you can move your shocks to the pgrens position without them receiving fire on their way to them, they should win! especially if you get a cheeky grenade off
17 May 2020, 17:50 PM

All three graphs are for static firing.

G43 has rather high close range dps….which is not obvious from the game. Reference above is G43 vs normal grenadier Kar 98

This picture should answer your question why your shocks got deleted by pzgrens when they outnumbered you. Each man dishing out more dps (if not comparable depending on distance) to each of your shock troops. Your Shocktroops' 1.5 Armor won't cut it against that volume of small arms fire.

As you can see from the above, there is little point in getting G43s for Pzgrens unless you're desperate for Interrogation or something. For all distances except far, it is a net downgrade.

Moving accuracy of 0.8 vs 0.75 for G43 vs (stock) StG44s. Granted there is a possibly higher moving dps for G43s (if I've understood the burst + CD modifiers) but most fights will be static shoot-outs. Maybe someone else can figure out what the effective moving DPS are for the two, I've gone into enough detail as is for this post.

18 May 2020, 01:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

As you can see from the above, there is little point in getting G43s for Pzgrens unless you're desperate for Interrogation or something. For all distances except far, it is a net downgrade.

Moving accuracy of 0.8 vs 0.75 for G43 vs (stock) StG44s. Granted there is a possibly higher moving dps for G43s (if I've understood the burst + CD modifiers) but most fights will be static shoot-outs. Maybe someone else can figure out what the effective moving DPS are for the two, I've gone into enough detail as is for this post.

The high accuracy of G43s makes them more effctive against units in cover. Also, they become more powerful against units on retreat. Finally, IIRC the G43s increase PGren sight range.

StG44s on the move lose about half of their DPS. G43s on the other hand lose about 15%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment