russian armor

What unit do you miss from COH1?

4 Nov 2013, 09:56 AM

a sniper that didn't die from 2 LMG bullets at the end of the gren's sightline

bikes, jeeps, light veh's with no gimmicky garrisons

panzerfaust's and AT nades that made sense

delay input
4 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM

If Strategic Depth were a unit that's the one I miss most.

BEST>>> FUCKING>>>> POST>>>>

COH2 is just... lacking.
4 Nov 2013, 10:54 AM

Kingtiger, Jagdpanther.

The Elefant is way too clumsy compared to the former super-heavies.
6 Nov 2013, 22:38 PM

Kingtiger, Jagdpanther.

The Elefant is way too clumsy compared to the former super-heavies.

IMO the elephant is harder to get than those units were right? You really have to manage an elephant to get use out of it yes.
7 Nov 2013, 00:52 AM

Volksgrenadiers, Pumas, King Tiger and the Camouflage PaK.
7 Nov 2013, 01:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

hmm 3 units

jeeps/motorcycles

goliaths

its not a units but Bars :D
7 Nov 2013, 06:37 AM

Kangaroo carriers circa OF release. :)

7 Nov 2013, 07:54 AM

It breaks my heart that not a single person have mentioned the Hetzer yet.
7 Nov 2013, 11:51 AM

Bergetiger / Recovery Vehicles

I love non-combat support units.
7 Nov 2013, 17:32 PM

The Supply Yard.

It made the late game more interesting and viable for the Americans. The SY mitigated manpower penalties and increased rate of veterancy for rifles which made fresh squads be able to catch up and be competent after minute 20.

It gave a worthy objective to the Axis for base rushing: it could delay armor and tanks, and simply slow down manpower income and destroy an American fuel investment.

There is sadly no equivalent. An interesting change though is that both factions gain veterancy in the same fashion, as opposed to the vCoH dynamic of purchased Wehrmacht vet. This offsets the need that Americans had for 'catching up' fresh squads against the purchased legions of crack German soldiers. Also receiving vet for incoming damage is an interesting addition. Still miss me my supply yard though.
7 Nov 2013, 17:40 PM

7 Nov 2013, 18:14 PM
7 Nov 2013, 18:33 PM

Hetzer, Hummel.
7 Nov 2013, 19:07 PM

Budwise, I don't understand your comment about strategic depth... In vCoH as US the only thing you can do that you can't do an equivalent strategy for in CoH2 is going BARs. You can go fast t70 (the fast m8), you can invest in conscripts and flank with molotovs + shock troops (going nades), you can go 3 conscript sniper (fast wsc), and... there weren't any other strategies for American. Ostheer can't buy vet, and there are still not as many game-changing doctrinal call-ins, but those things are both being added.

Plus the fact that cutoffs give munitions and fuel means that there are actually more ways to play the map than there were in vCoH.
7 Nov 2013, 19:26 PM
Patrion 14

Mh, which unit.. it´s hard to say. I don´t think it´s a special unit, it´s the way how the engine worked in matters of combat and the strateg depth i think.

Budwise, I don't understand your comment about strategic depth... In vCoH as US the only thing you can do that you can't do an equivalent strategy for in CoH2 is going BARs.

Going for BAR was a very important decision. From WH perspektive there were many reactions (going for Vet Inf, going for Snipers, going T3,..). Thats all gone. Plus you have way more situations to tech BAR, after T3 tech for example. Such a important global Uphgrade is missing in CoH2.

btw
The fact you can´t buy vet as WH anymore has also huge consequences. There were many things you could do thanks to this option (important note: don´t mix up the Common strategies and the potential strategies). It made the WH tech tree much more flexible then the Ostheer tech tree is.
7 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

DanielD:

-Doctrine system is poor, no strategic choices at all. Probably my biggest gripe. Gone are the days of seeing a doctrine choice and adapting because guess what, 3 doctrines have the same ability and you cant even choose a path to unlock them. Its all done for you in case we're too nubbish to make a strategic choice like in COH1.
-Resource system lessens strategic importance in map strategy. Why rush a fuel if you get plenty of fuel from right outside your base?
-You can cap with an AT gun ffs. Remember the days of choosing to cap or fight? Another strategic choice gone.
-Without a fuel investment for upgrades axis has no strategic choice on how to spend fuel. You just tech freely. Another choice gone.
-Cold Tech is a gimmick that dumbs down flanking and agressiveness. It looks pretty but it dumbs down the pace of the game and makes early flanking near impossible on some maps.
-Shall i mention pay to win commanders? I choose to spend $5 every month for the new OP flavor of the month, now there's a strategic choice that Relic likes!
-You cant even choose to strategically soft retreat because units cant fire backwards anymore. Yet another downgrade from COH microing.
-Try to lay a german single anti infantry mine xD... Talk about stupid downgrade.

Sooo many strategic choices that made COH1 great are gone.
7 Nov 2013, 19:35 PM

Sound like this thread is going from "what units did you think were cool in CoH" to "I wish CoH2 was vCoH" thread. To which I respond: Different game, you can still play vCoH, or even better you can still play EiRR.
7 Nov 2013, 19:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Except we cant. They broke vCOH unless you're ok playing 1v1 automatch for a ladder which doesnt work or trying to find 2v2 basic games xD
7 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

DanielD:

-Doctrine system is poor, no strategic choices at all. Probably my biggest gripe. Gone are the days of seeing a doctrine choice and adapting because guess what, 3 doctrines have the same ability and you cant even choose a path to unlock them. Its all done for you in case we're too nubbish to make a strategic choice like in COH1.
-Resource system lessens strategic importance in map strategy. Why rush a fuel if you get plenty of fuel from right outside your base?
-You can cap with an AT gun ffs. Remember the days of choosing to cap or fight? Another strategic choice gone.
-Without a fuel investment for upgrades axis has no strategic choice on how to spend fuel. You just tech freely. Another choice gone.
-Cold Tech is a gimmick that dumbs down flanking and agressiveness. It looks pretty but it dumbs down the pace of the game and makes early flanking near impossible on some maps.
-Shall i mention pay to win commanders? I choose to spend $5 every month for the new OP flavor of the month, now there's a strategic choice that Relic likes!
-You cant even choose to strategically soft retreat because units cant fire backwards anymore. Yet another downgrade from COH microing.
-Try to lay a german single anti infantry mine xD... Talk about stupid downgrade.

Sooo many strategic choices that made COH1 great are gone.

+1
7 Nov 2013, 20:56 PM

Definitely makes you think that if we didn't have a broken COH1 as it stands currently if there would be as much animosity towards COH2?

Then again - COH2 looks to be all about having choices taken away from you...

Anybody else find it funny that with each "new" DLC commander they're reintroducing elements of COH1? The first round we saw the reintroduction of FHQ's, trenches and half tracks - now the second round we see Tank Traps and repair bunkers...I wonder which DLC will give us back Custom Lobbies and lag free play...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★