Login

russian armor

Changing the way MGs work

25 Oct 2019, 15:33 PM

yes but they come at the price of manpower and the cost of unlocking grenades and rifles besides ammo cost and lets not say that riflemen used to have smoke grenades and they got nerfed not a while ago because they countered mg's way too efective for german average mg spammer.

If you nitpick every small difference between factions in balance arguments we'll be here all day.

The faction designs are different in too many ways to count. You have to consider the whole.

HMG spam is a frustrating strategy to play against when you don't know how to counter it, but it's a very weak strategy when you do. It's barely used above mid-ranks.

HMGs need their current power level to counter high-level blobbing. If you nerfed them to obviate the need for lower level players to learn to counter HMG spam, you'd degenerate high level play into blobbing.
25 Oct 2019, 15:41 PM

But that's the thing.
Why does it need to be something that is countered only by the highest skill players,why do we always look only at the high skill players ,obviously they can counter,I counter them sometimes too and they're still annoying to deal with,it's not even a feature that its required before t1 or it's really important otherwise you loose.

There is a reason why some players are 1k or above and there is a reason why they don't play with more than 2hmgs too! because it's a pathetic tactic.

I would never be as good as a 1k or above in my life and maybe more of you here,does that means our experience have to be bad and we can't have fun in the game? we can't enjoy the game because it's always heavy rps's machinegun in the battlfield making you wish you wouldn't be playing this game because it's getting annyoing.
25 Oct 2019, 15:45 PM

ok move mg to tier 1 , and move green to tier 0, and RE to tier 0 for ukf :snfPeter:
25 Oct 2019, 15:47 PM

Move every mg to tier 1 and give something else or change the way they work to avoid needlesy machinators on the battlfield,use them to require ammo,that would be cool too or vet or anything else so it would stop players relying too much on them.
25 Oct 2019, 15:54 PM

Let's come at this from another angle.

What counters an HMG?
25 Oct 2019, 16:00 PM

There is a reason why some players are 1k or above and there is a reason why they don't play with more than 2hmgs too! because it's a pathetic tactic.

You seem to be under the extreme delusion that you have to spam MGs to be a good player.

How about this: Play me 1v1, I’ll play Ostheer and I won’t use a single machine gun. If you beat me I’ll admit you’re right.
25 Oct 2019, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2019, 15:54 PMLago

What counters an HMG?

Good options are:

-ragequit when you see a MG
-ping your opponents base until he leaves
-ask your opponent kindly to gift you all his MGs
-call Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny for help
-just don´t leave your base at the start of the game
-pray to the RNG Gods that your opponents gets bugsplat
25 Oct 2019, 16:06 PM

Good options are:

-ragequit when you see a MG
-ping your opponents base until he leaves
-ask your opponent kindly to gift you all his MGs
-call Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny for help
-just don´t leave your base at the start of the game
-pray to the RNG Gods that your opponents gets bugsplat

Thigtrope: OOF
25 Oct 2019, 16:09 PM

Thigtrope: OOF

:clap:
25 Oct 2019, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2019, 15:54 PMLago

What counters an HMG?

just move to t1 or a building like russians or anything else,thank you,this is not a tutorial on how to try to counter hmg,if they would be unbeatable everyone would win with them,they're just simply annyoing and alliance have limited ways to deal with them in the beggining.

Usf has mortar but how do you know where he placed his mg usually its too late when you spot an mg,second smokes are avabile on echelon and captains and they require fuel and manpower to be unlocked or have captains with their respective building unlock to make sure you would get anything that can counter mg effectively,also in the recent patch they reduce mortar accuracy to units and improved dmg to buildings.

Brits have vicker carrier but if the enemy is smart enough they will faust it 25 ammo,the repair on vickers cost 30 ammo,he basically bleed 5 ammo and potentially kill the vickers,vicker becomes more annyoing when you upgrade it but by the time,oshteer should have scout car cand it's still prone to faust,they also have their own mortars and bosfors,they're usually okay.

Russian is also a cheecky one,has a car in which you can put ingineers with flamethrowers or have your own sniper but as I said some mg shots and a faust is enough to send you back home and with your card destroyed if he comes with something else beside his mg.

-mg 42 also have special rounds which fire penetration rounds or he can have at or lay mines to bait you.

I've tried loads of counters and all the tactics,it is possible guys but I just simply think that they need to be fairly changed,sure make them do more dmg or make them more accurate,I just don't want them to pin down hard and fast units which are not green cover only.

They are annoying in late game too but atleast it's late game and all the counters are there on the table,it's frustrating to see a cheeky mg pinning down 2 of your best units but it happens its microing and expecations fault.

all the counters that allies have against mg or axis against mg,counters for the counter exists and therefore an infinite loop of counters.

They shoot too fast they pin too fast only 240 manpower and they cost no ammo only 20 manpower reinforce or 24,let the mg fetishars use skill and tought in their life.
25 Oct 2019, 16:12 PM

You seem to be under the extreme delusion that you have to spam MGs to be a good player.

How about this: Play me 1v1, I’ll play Ostheer and I won’t use a single machine gun. If you beat me I’ll admit you’re right.

sure,best of 3?
25 Oct 2019, 16:15 PM

sure,best of 3?

MG SPAM please, I want to see ragequit lol
25 Oct 2019, 16:15 PM

Moooooveeeee mg to tier 1,it's not that hard,they annoyed pretty much all the coh playerbase except 1k players and people who use them often.

I don't want to go another ranked against a player that gets 3 out and just simply waits untill he gets more manpower and a scout car the pushes me ,master gamer.
25 Oct 2019, 16:19 PM

Usf has mortar but how do you know where he placed his mg usually its too late when you spot an mg

How so? The HMG can only suppress your entire army at once if you blob them.

HMGs exist specifically to stop you doing that.

Brits have vicker carrier but if the enemy is smart enough they will faust it

All light vehicles have a longer range than the Panzerfaust for this very reason.

They shoot too fast they pin too fast only 240 manpower

I question how much Ostheer you've played if you think HMG42s are 240 manpower.
25 Oct 2019, 16:20 PM

Moooooveeeee mg to tier 1,it's not that hard,they annoyed pretty much all the coh playerbase except 1k players and people who use them often.

I don't want to go another ranked against a player that gets 3 out and just simply waits untill he gets more manpower and a scout car the pushes me ,master gamer.

Why don´t you just play Wehrmacht for 3 weeks? I am sure you would not cry about OP MGs after that.
25 Oct 2019, 16:20 PM

MG SPAM please, I want to see ragequit lol

it should be called why I still use more than 2 hmgs and it's still working because people are still failing to the bait that can be countered efective and they don't provide me good defense :D(also I might not using them if I'm up against pro players).
25 Oct 2019, 16:21 PM

sure,best of 3?

Sure, go on looking for a group on coh2, I’ll invite you.
25 Oct 2019, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2019, 16:19 PMLago

How so? The HMG can only suppress your entire army at once if you blob them.

- there are guys who just simply cu mg and bunker or have mg behind mg

HMGs exist specifically to stop you doing that.

-yes they should stop bloobing but not entirely annihilate them and sending them home because he got into your conscript squad ostheer mg

All light vehicles have a longer range than the Panzerfaust for this very reason.

they're not that accurate at long range and sometimes if in cover mg can beat the vechile or he can push with this gren and make you run while not shooting him.

I question how much Ostheer you've played if you think HMG42s are 240 manpower.
25 Oct 2019, 16:23 PM

it should be called why I still use more than 2 hmgs and it's still working because people are still failing to the bait that can be countered efective and they don't provide me good defense :D(also I might not using them if I'm up against pro players).

If you build three HMGs against SOV or USF you might as well be donating them to the enemy.

They'll camp behind green cover until they get an M20 or M3 out, then wipe your MGs on retreat.
25 Oct 2019, 16:25 PM

they used to be 240 manpower either the oshteer or the okw one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★