`Tis is the season folks! "What season?" You might ask, but wait we have you covered. Introducing: The Seasonal Map Cup by our very own Master Mapmaker Tric.
This tourney will feature returning custom maps, which our Mapmakers created under the consultations by some of the best players in the game. For this season, we had VonIvan, ClassyDave, Siddolio and Talisman provide their experiences on the frontlines to create a pool of maps used in this tourney.
Every three months, as usual, these maps will change and we will host a new tourney, showcasing the works of our Mapmakers and the pros.
So how can you participate? What’s the rules? Comin‘ right up!
The 8 best players are selected after the sign ups have closed. Those players competes in the tournament. In case players cannot make it, 4 players are chosen as reserves.
The Cup consists of 3 such tournaments, featuring a point system to crown the overall best players for this season.
This is being used as a placement qualifier, where the top 3 players will automatically be seeded for the finals in December a year from now. The players that do not place will be eligible for the two additional seasonal qualifiers following this one, as the placement players will not.
Map Vetoes and Faction Selection
First, the teams tosses a coin. The winner chooses to either pick the map or pick the faction first. Obviously, if the winner of the coin toss chooses to pick the faction, the loser gets the map pick and vice versa. Before picking the factions, the teams pick the map.
- Game 1: Coin toss winner chooses either the map OR faction first.
Then the loser chooses their faction AND chooses the map if one is not yet picked. Then the winner chooses their faction if he hasn't chosen one yet.
- Game 2: players swap Allied/Axis and play same map as G1. The players that chose faction second, now chooses their factions first.
- Game 3: VP leader chooses faction first on a map that has not been played
in set preference order of map 1, map 2, map 3, map 4 or map 5 as shown in the map pool.
- Game 1: same as BO3.
- Game 2: same as BO3.
- Game 3: Coin toss loser chooses either the map OR their faction first.
Then the winner chooses their faction AND chooses the map if one is not yet picked.
- Game 4: players swap Allied/ Axis and play same map as G3. The players that chose faction second, now chooses their factions first.
- Game 5: VP leader chooses faction first on a map that has not been played
in set preference order of map 1, map 2, map 3, map 4 or map 5 as shown in the map pool.
- Lateness may result in VP penalties or worse, and are decided by the referees/organizers.
- Match fixing is disallowed
- Please restart CoH2 before any tournament games, and close external programs before playing to avoid crashes.
- Bugsplats: If there is a bugsplat within 7 minutes, the game will be replayed in most cases. An exception being: player 1 "bugsplats" after 5 mins after losing their whole army except one pioneer. In this case the referees/organizers make a decision of what will happen.
If there is a bugsplat after 7 minutes the referees/organizers will do either one of these things:
- If both teams agree, the game will be replayed.
- If both teams don't agree to replay and if there is a clear winner according to the referees/organizers, a winner will be decided. In case there isn't a clear winner the referees/organizers will make a decision of what is going to happen.
However, the player that bugsplatted has to screenshot the crash with windows time/date showing! If this doesn't happen within 5 minutes, the referees/organizers are allowed to give the win to the team that didn't bugsplat.
- As a player, you must show respect for your opponents and the referees. Bad behaviour may be punished.
- Chatting during a game is forbidden. One may exchange a "GLHF", "GG", or similar if appropriate. But please keep the chat clean as the games may be casted from replays on secondary language channels. Failure to do so may result in a loss or worse at the discretion of the referees and organizers.
- If there is any sign of cheating during the games, contact the referees/organizers. They will decide what happens.
- Ghosting is not allowed.
- Players are not permitted to stream their games.
- Check-ins start 30 minutes prior and are required to be processed through the tournament, if a player does not check in they are disqualified.
- Report that your series were played in the SMC discord! Referees/organizers will insert the scores on challonge after they are cast on Sunday, the website on which the brackets will be view-able as well. The links to the brackets will be given after the sign-ups end and before the tournament starts!
- Overwatch and Royal Artillery commanders have been banned due to player request and over-performance, resulting in stagnate and predictable game play.
It is up to the players to upload the matches, and they must notify a referee in the SMC discord. Upload all games, and link them to this thread. If you do not upload the series you have played, no points will be awarded and it counts as a no show for both players. It is recommended that both players save the replays.
Please upload the replays with this format:
SMC/Round(R1, R2, etc.)/Game Number(G1, G2, G3, ect.)/Your Name - Opponent's Name)
Here is an example of how you should post your replays:
Use the Insert Replay function in the reply editor to link your replays. That is the button to the right of the Twitch icon.
- In the event that only one player shows up for check-ins for a round, that player is awarded with a bye. The opposing player is disqualified.
- 500 VP
- BO3 up to semi's, semi's and finals are BO5
- No commander or faction bans
- Fixed starting positions (Allies 1 | Axis 2)
- Bulletins are allowed
- Mirror matches are banned!
- Observer mode: 3 min delay, no password
- Ladoga Karelia
- Southern Alblasswerwaard
- Rechnaya Pereprava (Previously known as Potok Peresecheniya)
- Operation Infatuate
Entire map collection
The signups close at 8:00 EST on the 31st. A bracket will be posted by 9:00 EST in the SMC discord.
All games up to the Semi-Finals for January will be played on the 5th starting at 12:00 EST. Semi-Finals, Grand Finals, and the 3rd place match start the following day at 12:00 EST. They will be played in that order, so no coverage is missed.
All games up to the Semi-Finals for February will be played on the 2nd starting at 9:00 EST. Semi-Finals, Grand Finals, and the 3rd place match start the following day at 9:00 EST. They too will be played in that order.
All games up to the Semi-Finals for March will be played on the 2nd starting at 9:00 EST. Semi-Finals, Grand Finals, and the 3rd place match follow the same format as before.
For all of the above times, players will have 30 minutes to check in before the start time of the tournament via the SMC discord
To convert time zones, take a look at this site!
If you want to sign up for this tournament, include the following information:
- Player name 1
- Steam ID 1
- Confirmation of joining SMC Discord
Click here to sign up and click here to join the SMC discord!
The point system is going to be utilized for each one of this seasons 3 qualifier tournaments (January, February, and March). This will help us find the best overall players for placement in the Grand Finals in December.
- 1st: 9
- 2nd: 6
- 3rd: 3
- 4th: 1
- 5th or below: 0
If you want to support this tournament, you can donate to Seasonal Map Cup or you can Subscribe via twitch here, while also getting an emote and sub badge in chat.
You need a valid Paypal account to receive the money from the prize pool. If you do not have a Paypal account, make sure to create one before entering this tournament!
The prize pool for both tournaments will be divided as follows:
- 1st Place: 11%
- 2nd Place: 7%
- 3-4th Place: 6%
- 5-8th Place: 5%
The remaining percentages will be carried over into funding for the 2019 finals in December and being used to pay for the artwork/staff that help run the tournament. The grand finals will therefore have a larger pay out because of this.
Games will be casted each Saturday by Tric over on the main tournament channel Seasonal Map Cup. Sundays will be cast by Tric, d0ggy, and HardyStyled, each in their own language and can be found on each channel respectively:
If you want to know when the games are being broadcast, then please follow the above channels on Twitch and keep an eye on the ticker of COH2.ORG on the days the games are played!
If there are any things that are unclear during or about the tournament, speak with the organizers. They will look at the problem and make a decision. Be aware that their decision is final! If you have any other questions, you can always PM Tric. Communicating to a referee/organizer during the tournament can be done by messaging Currahee, Ishtari, or Shadowlink.