Login

russian armor

Let's make UI in game better!

3 May 2016, 11:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello CoH2.ORG! I want to talk with you about UI in CoH 2.
Everyone know about new great balance patch, most of you have played it! Relic already add some icons for it and working for other stuff (like model for US mortar)!
It's great, that game changing so hard and getting better! If Relic decided to drastically change balance, why not also change the UI?

Here is my opinion about what should be changed:
1. Main Menu. It should be simple and clear. Maximum capabilities for player. I have already made thread about it (https://www.coh2.org/topic/51128/outdated-main-menu-interface-in-coh-2).

2. Design of UI. It's overloaded, ugly and somewhere useless. Shabby pictures, ragged sheets of paper, the bloodstains ewerywhere. Here is some examples hot it should be (IMO of course):
A. Operation Bagration (2008):
B. World in Conflict (2007):

3. Notifications during the battle. They are unnoticeable. Now they are appearing like the small text message above the minimap. And again, in vCoH it was done better:

Just play some in vCoH and see. Necessarily play for british with commandos doctrine and ability Ultra Decryption (it's like soviet radio intercept). This is the best example of usefulness of vCoH notifications.

Addition for point 3: https://www.coh2.org/topic/51897/minimalistic-ui/post/521468

4. Vechicle icons. And again let's looks on vCoH. Here you have scheme of vechicle, where you see all damaged parts. It's easy to uderstand, what's wrong with your tank or halftrack. Example:

Other suggestions:

1. From Trainzz. Display AI/AT stats of units "to see if it has a zook/shrek etc that it picked up".
2. From Finndeed. More options for Tactical Map "things like being able to reinforce or unit icons not overlapping.".
2.1 From WhiteFlash. Filters for units on tactical map "to turn on/off stuff in tac map"

So, lets discuss it! Suggest your ideas, let's make game more comfortable and nicer! Maybe, if this thread wiil be interested by community, i will promote this on official forum.
3 May 2016, 13:00 PM

Jup, vCoH UI was better in some ways. Though, CoH2 did a good job with the unit icons at the top right! Also it was useful that you could see the AI/AT stats so you did not have to double check the units weapons to see if it has a zook/shrek etc that it picked up.
3 May 2016, 13:17 PM
Strategist Badge

+ 1

Ideally I would also like to see some tactical map utility changes, things like being able to reinforce or unit icons not overlapping.
3 May 2016, 13:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Jup, vCoH UI was better in some ways. Though, CoH2 did a good job with the unit icons at the top right! Also it was useful that you could see the AI/AT stats so you did not have to double check the units weapons to see if it has a zook/shrek etc that it picked up.

Added your suggestion to the 1 post. :)

+ 1

Ideally I would also like to see some tactical map utility changes, things like being able to reinforce or unit icons not overlapping.

I have no idea how to do it. Btw add it to the 1 post.
3 May 2016, 13:52 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

The general UI in game is great.

The tactical map UI is not the best, give players filters to turn on/off stuff in tac map please.

The menu UI ive never been a fan of...its adequate but it could looks and flow better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 157
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak