Login

russian armor

validate_actions

10 Oct 2019, 17:24 PM

What exactly does this do in abilities? I flip it as true/false on what seemed like very innocent abilities and it would make it either broken or more broken.
10 Oct 2019, 18:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am not sure, but it seems that 'true' blocks the ability when there is a requirement_action which doesn't meet the requirement. I always clone existing values from equal abilities ^_^
10 Oct 2019, 19:14 PM

I am trying to make my own mortar, with own mortar barrage abilites, did a flat copy paste and it doesnt work. not sure why. i can cast the ability but the mortar won't fire, it just stalls there waiting for the actions to finish but the actions dont even start. but when i flip validate actions to false, the mortar shoots but gets stuck unable to go on cooldown after the mortar barrage finishes. these are direct copy paste of mortar weapons and mortar barrage abilities with only adjustments to damage/aoe and range values.
12 Oct 2019, 09:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As far as I can tell, the "Validate Actions" flag just checks if the type of the ability can work with the actions given. I'm pretty sure its a relic from the coh1 attributes. Each action in coh1 was separated into different categories (Upgrade, Critical and Ability), as certain actions were not available/interchangeable with abilities, upgrades and crits. Example; The Overwatch/Creeping barrage action was only available for abilities, and could not be triggered from a upgrade or critical.
As a rule of thumb, its better to keep it on for simple abilities like throwing a grenade or timed modifiers, but disable it for more unique abilities with alot of requirement checks and such.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★