Login

russian armor

Suspected fog of war cheater

• This thread is locked
6 Oct 2019, 10:25 AM

My team mate suggested he was cheating, this usually happens when they can't win, until I saw it for myself for the first time in the 2.5k hours I played this game.

At 27:25 there are cloaked commando's behind a fence, I don't think they were spotted because I didn't enable fog of war in time on the replay.

Now at 59:25 I am 100% sure they were not spotted, mg started facing the commando's and a panther comes driving down trying to drive them over. He knew exactly where they were sitting behind the fence. In the Youtube video you can see exactly what I mean. Its the second part in the video:

6 Oct 2019, 11:56 AM

56:30 to 57:20 is also fun to watch.
He "scans" the vitory point before his obers approach.
The obers know exactly where the commandos are hiding and throw the grenade accordingly.

It be becomes very obvious if you hit "follow camera".

It´s the same around 59:25. He stares at the commandos about 5 times before he sends his tank. It´s obvious as hell, if you "hit follow camera" and select the player "Down Side up".
6 Oct 2019, 12:42 PM

Send sturmpanther a pm to check this post.
6 Oct 2019, 13:00 PM

56:30 to 57:20 is also fun to watch.
He "scans" the vitory point before his obers approach.
The obers know exactly where the commandos are hiding and throw the grenade accordingly.

It be becomes very obvious if you hit "follow camera".

It´s the same around 59:25. He stares at the commandos about 5 times before he sends his tank. It´s obvious as hell, if you "hit follow camera" and select the player "Upside Down".

Thanks for analyzing, didn't know you could see it that obvious with follow camera.
6 Oct 2019, 16:49 PM

Yo did one of them use an infrared halftrack at any stage of the game? Doesnt matter if its destroyed by this stage. The bug from it and a vet 1 kubelwagen are the most common reasons for mistaken maphack assumptions
6 Oct 2019, 17:12 PM

Yo did one of them use an infrared halftrack at any stage of the game? Doesnt matter if its destroyed by this stage. The bug from it and a vet 1 kubelwagen are the most common reasons for mistaken maphack assumptions

Kubelwagen can cause that bug too?
6 Oct 2019, 17:24 PM

Kubelwagen can cause that bug too?

nope. I worded it not clearly enough sry
6 Oct 2019, 19:45 PM

No, there is no halftrack. I watched the replay twice. However, DOWN SIDE UP plays the overwatch doctrine. Which might explain some stuff, if you take the forward headquarters into account.

However, 56:30 to 57:30 still remains a mystery for me. I have no idea how he knew about the hiding commandos. They were too far away from his forward headquarters to be spotted.
7 Oct 2019, 09:20 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I say it only 1 time.
I will normally not watch a fucking whole replay self. In future pls use this tools self and write down the timestamps.
http://prntscr.com/pfvdu1

Then you would see from begin of the matches already that this guy has maphack. So it would not needed to watch 1 hour game at all.

7 Oct 2019, 09:34 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

--> Will get a permaban in the next banwave
:banned:
7 Oct 2019, 09:34 AM

Thanks for the advice, like I said before I didn't knew it would be easier to see if someone is maphacking using follow camera. I normally never watch a replay or have any experience reporting cheaters in this community.
7 Oct 2019, 13:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Issue resolved, thread closed.

Next time, just upload the replay, put timestamps in the description, and title it "For Sturmpanther".

/locked
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS