Login

russian armor

The game is balanced enough.

3 Oct 2019, 11:14 AM

LOL no please explain why the matchmaking choices are 90/10 for axis ?
Oh right, allies are shit AF
3 Oct 2019, 11:22 AM

If there are 1000 games going and 10 players searching, you'll see numbers like that.

In fact, almost always you can easily tell how many people are qeueuing at the moment by changing site and calculating the % changed.
3 Oct 2019, 15:21 PM

LOL no please explain why the matchmaking choices are 90/10 for axis ?
Oh right, allies are shit AF

Search rates are highly dependent on time of day and don't prove anything. If I play in the middle of the day while most of North America is at work, the search rate is usually mostly Axis. When the central and western US is playing then the search rate is usually more Allied than Axis. Also, Kaitoff is right about how the numbers work.

That said, I don't know how balance is in 1v1's, but the patch has been terrible for USF and UKF in large team games. The Riflemen buff probably helped USF a lot in 1v1's where there are a bunch of small engagements but isn't noticeable in 4v4's. For those, all USF got out of the patch was nerfs to the pack howie, Scott, and Jackson. The nerfs to IS have made UKF much worse in 3's or 4's. Try capping anything without leaving cover. Soviets and Ost feel okay. OKW is great.

3 Oct 2019, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2019, 15:21 PMGrumpy

Search rates are highly dependent on time of day and don't prove anything. If I play in the middle of the day while most of North America is at work, the search rate is usually mostly Axis. When the central and western US is playing then the search rate is usually more Allied than Axis. Also, Kaitoff is right about how the numbers work.

That said, I don't know how balance is in 1v1's, but the patch has been terrible for USF and UKF in large team games. The Riflemen buff probably helped USF a lot in 1v1's where there are a bunch of small engagements but isn't noticeable in 4v4's. For those, all USF got out of the patch was nerfs to the pack howie, Scott, and Jackson. The nerfs to IS have made UKF much worse in 3's or 4's. Try capping anything without leaving cover. Soviets and Ost feel okay. OKW is great.

Yeah in 4v4s the axis team compositions seem to have gone from largely 2ost 2okw or 3ost 1okw to largely all okw or just one ost player.

4 Oct 2019, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2019, 16:31 PMGrim

Yeah in 4v4s the axis team compositions seem to have gone from largely 2ost 2okw or 3ost 1okw to largely all okw or just one ost player.

At this point, all you lose is caches if there are no OST. Except for support weapons, everything OKW seems better. I'd rather have PF's than PG's, and neither of those seem as good as Falls. Having a 60 range stock TD is great, especially with IS2's coming earlier. The skill planes from Overwatch and LGF seem better than CAS, especially if you have one of each and drop them on the same area at the same time.
4 Oct 2019, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2019, 16:31 PMGrim

In 3v3 I keep running into 2 Ost/1 OKW teams.
4 Oct 2019, 17:36 PM
Donator 22

I actually like the title of the post. I guess for most people, the game IS balanced enough.
It may not seem like that in every game. But looking at the win rates for factions, even on different maps - I strongly agree with the OP's title. It is balanced enough. Let us go to tourney :-)
4 Oct 2019, 17:42 PM

To be honest, this is the closest we got to balance in quite some time!
4 Oct 2019, 17:45 PM

4 Oct 2019, 18:13 PM

4 Oct 2019, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How long can this go on...
4 Oct 2019, 18:59 PM

Vaz
4 Oct 2019, 19:23 PM

The thing I find strange is since the justifications for changes were put into the patch notes, the justifications for some things don't correspond to the axis side. Take for instance, the squad wiping ability of the scott. That thing just fires and fires and fires now, enemy troop concentrations just ignore it and every shot misses, it takes so long the axis player will just move in an ATG and then the scott has to back off or die. Now contrast that with a brumbar, big cost difference, yes, but also much more durability and firepower(with the top mounted mg). Fills a similar role, though. Anyhow, I have to retreat before the second shot, because that squad is dead. First shot just completely devastates the squad where all models left over are pretty much 1 shot kills. That's fine though. It's doing the exact thing the scott was nerfed for. I'm not calling for the brumbar to be nerfed to useless. I think it's right where it should be. The scott was fucked up for being an effective weapon. It keeps going throughout the changes.

The mortar HT was awesome for removing stubborn ost players from buildings and choke points. Now, while still somewhat effective, the white phos rounds the player has to pay for are so weak that some players don't even bother to leave structures, because the nerf also reduced the maximum damage that could be done, leaving the opposing squad with plenty of health to remain in the building and be effective. So have to hit it with another phosphorus after waiting the cooldown. I'd much rather have seen a price increase on the rounds, than this nerf, since it has drastically cut the utility of this doctrine specific vehicle. Yet, let allies get by napalm mortars, time to burn. I'm guessing the delayed fuse bombs are the next nerf for the mortar ht, because they still do their job effectively, once vet1 on the mortar ht.

I find it comical how hard I get wrecked in this patch in team games now, watching me go from what should be a force advantage to a very swift retreat with heavy casualties. Another big sign of the difference is in the morale. When playing axis, people are far more willing to try to make a comeback, because you can. As allies, people take a heavy casualty and are ready to throw in the towel. It'll be the same player too, but it seems like with each passing year it fits this pattern more and more.
5 Oct 2019, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 19:23 PMVaz
The thing I find strange is since the justifications for changes were put into the patch notes, the justifications for some things don't correspond to the axis side.

Your reasoning is just as strange, as you compare units that have nothing do to with one another, from completely different factions. The scott literally negated Ostheer's entire design to the point of it hardcountering almost everything, as it was a static faction. All the allied factions are not static factions. Perhaps the brits, but they have forcefields for their emplacements. They can handle a Sturmpanzer IV far better than axis could handle the scott pre nerf, as it countered all infantry and suppor weapons whilst the rest that supported it, countered the diving armor.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★