Login

russian armor

GG, not.

31 Oct 2013, 18:55 PM
Donator 11

Don't you love it when someone says GG and then you come back and win the game ?

I believe that the winning player should never say GG unless the game is finished, lack of respect imo.
31 Oct 2013, 19:35 PM

Offensive GG is bad manner, but some people don't really know the etiquette of online games.
31 Oct 2013, 19:38 PM

I actually don't think the winning player should ever gg except in response to a gg from their losing opponent (I ignore this rule when I play a few certain players because they have done things to lose my respect).

Too many people also ignore "hi hf", or only gg when they win but just leave silently when you beat them. They get away with being as rude as they want with the anonymity of the internet protecting them, but it proves they are still a long way from being adults.. and no I'm not taking this too seriously, in game chat reflects a person's character :bananadance:

You all who I'm talking to know I'm talking to you.
31 Oct 2013, 19:40 PM

I think an "offensive" GG is fine if the game is obviously finished - say in the case of <25 VPs and holding all three VP points. Generally I'll accompany it with well played so that (hopefully) people know that I'm being sincere.

But yes, in general, it is better etiquette to allow the losing side to type gg first.
31 Oct 2013, 20:45 PM

I think people leave silently because sometimes they are not satisfied by the game for various good reasons including rng nonsense or op units, exploitative behavior by opponent or a big mistake they did.
MMD
31 Oct 2013, 20:50 PM

In addition people leave (including me) silently because they are just fed up at how badly they played or at the apparent gap in skill level.

That is to say nothing against the opponent, just a bit rude on our part :)
31 Oct 2013, 20:51 PM

SageoftheSix did this to me. Then my ISU-152 came out and I beat him. Was great.
31 Oct 2013, 21:07 PM
31 Oct 2013, 21:23 PM
Patrion 310

Some players in the COH community need to grow up and learn to show some respect, friend or foe. This is coming not just from a regular player but someone that have personal help to build (which took years) big teams in games such as EVE online since closed beta.
If you want to build a strong community or teams in general you just cant tolerate a bunch of spoiled kids/adults muddying the water which scare mature players away from COH. I love COH2 as a game but getting fed up with the lack of respect from other players.

At some point apathy just kick in and you stop caring. A bad attitude is contagious. I just dont understand why any people in their right mind can tolerate players with a bad attitude or abusive behaviour. Some players are just borderline to sociopathic behavior in that they seem to enjoy hurting and insulting other players for no good reasons.

Finally attitude reflect leadership. So if you are streaming games or clan leader etc. make sure to lead by example.

A clip from "Remember the Titans."
Teammates Gerry and Julius have a heart-to-heart discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guA_4AzXqh0
31 Oct 2013, 21:26 PM

Some players in the COH community need to grow up and learn to show some respect, friend or foe. This is coming not just from a regular player but someone that have personal help to build (which took years) big teams in games such as EVE online since closed beta.
If you want to build a strong community or teams in general you just cant tolerate a bunch of spoiled kids/adults muddying the water which scare mature players away from COH. I love COH2 as a game but getting fed up with the lack of respect from other players.

At some point apathy just kick in and you stop caring. A bad attitude is contagious. I just dont understand why any people in their right mind can tolerate players with a bad attitude or abusive behaviour. Some players are just borderline to sociopathic behavior in that they seem to enjoy hurting and insulting other players for no good reasons.

Finally attitude reflect leadership. So if you are streaming games or clan leader etc. make sure to lead by example.

Fuck yes. Well said. I hope you stick around and lead by example.
31 Oct 2013, 21:34 PM

I won't GG someone who beat me using the latest overplayed abusive/exploitative meta strat.
31 Oct 2013, 21:44 PM

Not writing "gg" is now offensive and misbehaving? I´m sorry to break it to you, but this is the internet. I´m happy if I don´t get called *aggot at the end of the game.

If I didn´t enjoy the game, I´m not writing "gg" - simple as that. The two letters wouldn´t have any meaning if I wrote it at the end of every game.

I won´t give a person for example spamming Su-85s and Snipers, while I can´t fire back a "gg" for the simple fact that I didn´t have fun.

Insulting on the other hand is a whole different matter.
31 Oct 2013, 21:52 PM
Benefactor 115

you forgot the losing players that say gg and then keep playing
31 Oct 2013, 22:00 PM

It is a win/loss scenario, thus emotions get involved. The reason people let these emotions go is BECAUSE they care. Some might handle them "better" than others, but everyone is different. Good "sportsmanship" does not win you games or push yourself to play better next time.

Honestly, I have a weak spot for top-class sportsmen with a nasty edge.

1 Nov 2013, 00:23 AM

Really don't see why not saying anything is now considered to be bad manners by some.

The whole "gl hf" stuff, the "gg" at the end, it all feels kinda unnecessary to me actually. In fact, so often after I lose a game my opponent needs about 2 seconds to "gg" me in the lobby...and when I win they never say anything. The "gg" at the end feels more like a "Haha I beat you!", than like a serious act of politeness.

Mostly though, I don't really give a fuck if someone says gl hf or not, nor whether they gg or not. I just don't generally feel like typing up that stupid stuff myself, please don't mistake it with bad manners.
1 Nov 2013, 00:29 AM

If you're that caught up on it, you're not appreciating the game itself. It's easy to flame and act below your true capacity, hard to keep up a solid frame of being appreciative.
1 Nov 2013, 00:40 AM

I never GG someone when I'm winning unless they are a total ass clown. However I don't think leaving without saying GG is really that rude, some people are just too sensitive I guess. If someone silently leaves the game and you try to go on a witch hunt for your GG, that is equally rude imo.
1 Nov 2013, 00:56 AM

Permanently Banned
I never GG someone when I'm winning unless they are a total ass clown. However I don't think leaving without saying GG is really that rude, some people are just too sensitive I guess. If someone silently leaves the game and you try to go on a witch hunt for your GG, that is equally rude imo.

I GGed you like a boss when you lost Basilone!

1 Nov 2013, 03:03 AM

i once said gg when i was loosing. but told the player to keep playing. and won. dont know what the fuck happened actually.
1 Nov 2013, 03:36 AM

It's four extra key presses at the beginning of the game and another four at the end, and it makes it so you're playing vs a real person and not an anonymous enemy. It's not like it makes any difference in my day whether you guys do it or not, but I'm always going to advocate treating people like they're human beings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★