Login

russian armor

GG, not.

1 Nov 2013, 03:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

A thought on this someone not saying GG or GLHF (whatever the standard greeting maybe,) isn't nescarily because they are being rude. Assuming such when there are boat loads of other reasons for such is stupid and silly creating drama where there doesn't need to be.

imho :)
1 Nov 2013, 04:12 AM

I always say my traditional 'heyya, glhfhfhfhfhfhfhf' at the start of games. However, I do not take offense when an opponent does not respond but I still keep it in my memory for how to judge them post game and it influences how I may react to them.

If a person that says 'glhf' says something bad at the end or blames the game I do not hold poor opinion of them, unless I play them again and they do the same thing. Sometimes we all get frustrated at the game and might vent some rage in a silly manner at an opponent, even though it is not their fault. I understand this and brush it off.

If a person that does not say 'glhf', says nothing during game then explodes into rage in the last minute I regard them as an idiot and a rage quitter. Typically these players leave the game without saying 'gg', unless they win the game. I tend to just send these kind of people smiley faces when they behave like this but now I am beginning to strike back (which is bad) but I am sort of fed up with this behaviour. Hopefully if chat is reintroduced back into replays people might think twice.

You would also be surrprised how many players don't actually say 'glhf' yet will still say 'gg' at the end of the game, whether it is win or loss. Not all hope is lost ;)

As for saying the winner saying 'gg' before the loser I must admit I do this, but not in offensive manner and only if there is like 5 VP's and I know 100% the game will time out then I will say it. Do people actually take offense to this? I notice the majority of time my opponents still say 'gg' in return so I have always assumed people accept it. Likewise, if my opponent is winning like in this situation and says 'gg' I return the gesture.
1 Nov 2013, 04:21 AM

You would also be surrprised how many players don't actually say 'glhf' yet will still say 'gg' at the end of the game, whether it is win or loss. Not all hope is lost ;)

I'd be one of them! MVGame
1 Nov 2013, 05:03 AM

It's four extra key presses at the beginning of the game and another four at the end, and it makes it so you're playing vs a real person and not an anonymous enemy. It's not like it makes any difference in my day whether you guys do it or not, but I'm always going to advocate treating people like they're human beings.

Man, I am not disagreeing with you at all. But do you go out? People are becoming self-centered rude pigs with no social etiquette period.
I daily see people holding line while buying/ordering from shops because they are to busy talking/messaging/playing video games on their mobile phone.
Please, hi, thank you, giving way, or general consideration of other people is disappearing.
What hope is there for social etiquette on internet and in-games..
Entire world is becoming self-centered, inconsiderate bunch of YOLO and IDC sufferers of digital dementia and retardation...
1 Nov 2013, 05:06 AM

Actually I find all the gl,hf,gg talk invites players to vent off, that's why unless its someone I know I never start with saying those things. And generally allot of the ones who start gl,hf are the ones to say something bad when they lose, where as the silent ones come in and leave the same way usually.
1 Nov 2013, 05:48 AM

Man, I am not disagreeing with you at all. But do you go out? People are becoming self-centered rude pigs with no social etiquette period.
I daily see people holding line while buying/ordering from shops because they are to busy talking/messaging/playing video games on their mobile phone.
Please, hi, thank you, giving way, or general consideration of other people is disappearing.
What hope is there for social etiquette on internet and in-games..
Entire world is becoming self-centered, inconsiderate bunch of YOLO and IDC sufferers of digital dementia and retardation...

Yup and that's why for me it is important to NOT be that way in every encounter I have, whether it is with my opponent in CoH or a stranger in the grocery store.
1 Nov 2013, 06:22 AM

Hi,

yesterday we had something like that in a 2vs2. After both spam ass gren and say gg around min 4-5 we had a comeback. Was so nice! Really love it. It is really bad manner but in a way I like it. Is so sweet if you comeback.
Personally only say gg, when I loose or the looser said it first. But sometimes i simply forget to say gl/hf because I’m talking with my mate about something else on skype :-(.

1 Nov 2013, 06:48 AM

What I consider even worse is saying GG, then an insult. Like, "GG noob." Which comes out a lot.

There's no point in saying "GG," a sign of respect and sportsmanship, then topping it off with the kind of insults 10 year olds use.
1 Nov 2013, 07:23 AM

I have to agree, when I'm winning I never say "GG" unless my opponent says it.

Because if I would turn the situation upside down, when I'm losing, I don't always necessarily think that the game was really that good. I made some mistakes, maybe played bad etc. If I played my A-game but the opponent was simply better, then I may say it.

I don't see that there's anything rude. I prefer silence over some unnecessary chatting. Meaning also that if my opponent plays with some really annoying strategy, I don't complain about it in-game. Only when opponent starts shouting something to me or my mate, then I will for sure start talking back.
1 Nov 2013, 08:11 AM

what i do is when i'm losing i type 'gg'
then i stay in the game and win
1 Nov 2013, 08:33 AM

Many of you forget two Things here:

1) A lot of players actually have no clue what GG stands for. They're just lemmings doing what everyone else is. Same as with LOL.

2) Quite a few players you match up against do not speak English. They may for that reason just type GG as sort of a 'hello' or 'goodbye'.

So there are actually reasons not to feel offended if the winning player throws a GG. Especially not if it's the only communication you had since GL HF.

I'm more concerned by the lack of communication tbh. I feel it has dropped a lot compared to COH1, and I partly blame the missing lobby for it.

The lobby was the cave of the pocket-nazis, I know, but it was also a place to get to know strangers a bit before you killed them on the battlefield.

I had a handfull good contacts build like that. I think it does add to a good gaming comunity.
1 Nov 2013, 08:42 AM

Communication is terrible in general with this game

I assumed that a large part of the player base is suffering from aspergers...

GG
1 Nov 2013, 09:58 AM

who cares?? This thread is the same as the whiners who get all upset over crass or rude comments. Get on with it.

1 Nov 2013, 10:19 AM

All that "gl hf" and "gg" stuff is good for nothing really. If my opponent insists on saying it I'll return the favour cause I dont want to piss him off, but I'd rather just play without that etiquette-shit.
1 Nov 2013, 10:49 AM

Permanently Banned

FU!

GG is the way to bow out and concede in a gentleman fashion.
Its basically like knocking over your own King in chess.
Please, dont abuse it.

Even if you proceed to win after stating GG, youve already lost, and the win goes to your opponent.
1 Nov 2013, 11:07 AM
Benefactor 115

that's the lamest of things in my book.
saying gg to me relates to surrendering
1 Nov 2013, 11:21 AM

I always say GG when I am wining, for me its a compliment to my opponent and thanx for the game @ the same time.

I don't really see how that is insulting to the loser. Either typing GG first @ the end is acceptable for me.
1 Nov 2013, 11:32 AM

Hate to break it to you all, but it's the INTERNET and a VIDEO GAME, in other words just remember it's only pixels on a screen!

I swear some of you must spend a majority of your time behind the computer.

I personally LOVE when someone rages at me in game especially when I'm winning, it means I'm obviously doing something right. I also couldn't give a rats ass if someone talks to me or not in game, just play the friggin game!
1 Nov 2013, 11:38 AM

Permanently Banned
I always say GG when I am wining, for me its a compliment to my opponent and thanx for the game @ the same time.

I don't really see how that is insulting to the loser. Either typing GG first @ the end is acceptable for me.

Youve misunderstood the netiquette...

If you say GG when you are winning, and not about to concede, its basicaly like telling your opponent "Ive won, fuck off already".

Its completely the opposite of what youve understood.

Its a way for the loser to compliment the winner and to backout of the game as a gentleman, without simply pulling the plug or quitting the match.

GG basically amounts to saying: "I am about to concede, because I can see you outplayed me. I am conceeding but wanted to thank you for the match and for the experience, before I do so".

NEVER say GG before your opponent does, unless you are about to concede. If he does, return the gesture, and it is then time for the opponent to concede, if there is no other ingame chat/discussion to be had.

This is the gentleman way.

In tennis, its the same as walking up to the net and offering your hand for a shake.
In chess, its like turning over your own King.
So you understand, its completely against the purpose, for the winner to do so first.
1 Nov 2013, 11:41 AM

If you get so upset about someone not saying "GG" or saying it when winning, I might inform you about the latest trend: "SG" which obviously stands for shit game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment