Login

russian armor

airborne guards ppsh

14 Sep 2019, 20:59 PM

Latley i tried out airborne guards, while they seem pretty okish with lmgs they severly underperfom with ppsh. I honestly think the svts are better then the ppshs :D, i would suggest giving them some sort of camo or a survivability buff when upgrated with ppshs.

If this proves too strong one can always add a small muni cost to the upgrate which is fine since the commander is very muni dependent
14 Sep 2019, 22:18 PM

Dont they get a mix of PPSh and Thompson now?
14 Sep 2019, 23:08 PM

Different guard squad; he's talking about the airborne one.

Thompsons are in the lend-lease one.
15 Sep 2019, 00:48 AM

Now that i think about it, airborne guards as infiltration units sounds really good. If you choose smgs they overlap with ppsh penals anyway. Camouflage would be nice.
15 Sep 2019, 05:24 AM

They also cost 380 mp. They should justify the cost.
One suggestion is changing the grenade to shock trooper grenade after ppsh upgrade.
And increasing survivability perhaps.

Lmg upgrade just performs okayish as OP stated above. Might need some looking into this. Its a 100 munitions upgrade.
15 Sep 2019, 21:53 PM

I think more people need to discuss this instead of just plain ignoring this.
15 Sep 2019, 22:22 PM

The ppsh are free but with this doctrine you can get the 1cp penals ppsh so paratrooper could really use something extra with their ppsh.

Wouldnt mind paying for the ppsh if I got either camo or the ability that both stormtrooper and USF thompson paratroopers get to wipe squads at close range, something to make it diferent from shock troops and ppsh penals.

Right now the guards with ppsh seem pointless, it comes late at 3cp while penals can get them at 1cp and in other doctrines shocks troops come at 2cp.

you might argue that you dindt go penal but in that case I say the doctrine wasnt used to its full potencial, get at least one penal for that close range firepower, on the m3 it will deal damage more consistently than the flametrower.

So yeah I say add a cost to the paratrooper ppsh and give the unit some ability to make it more desirable.
15 Sep 2019, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2019, 22:22 PMJZuna

So yeah I say add a cost to the paratrooper ppsh and give the unit some ability to make it more desirable.

Airborne guards are one of the strongest infiltration units in game at movement. At spawn they have much more punch then ST, Partisan and infiltration Commandos so there is no need to be any stronger.

After the initial spawn they meant to upgrade with LMGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★