Login

russian armor

Officer Rally Bulletin

24 Aug 2019, 08:55 AM

Does it still work? Does it stack? What is the range of 'nearby'?
I did a quick test with two riflemen being shot at by HMGs, with one having over a dozen officers behind them, didn't notice any difference. Does it confirm this bulletin is defunct too?
25 Aug 2019, 08:01 AM

I don't possess the bulletin myself, but if you do, one way to test to make sure bulletins work or not is to locate the bulletin in the attribute editor and change the values in it to something completely stupid (like in this case, make it a 100% suppression reduction or something) and see if theres any difference in the field.

6% is basically nothing when it comes to most MGs in this game, so there's a chance it works, but I highly doubt it stacks in any case.

BTW If you want AA bulletins that are actually good, use Backbone of the Army, Bazooka Range, or the Grenade price/cooldown reduction one. Pretty sure the rest are basically not worth it compared to the usual infantry bulletins (although maybe the weapon team price reduction one could be useful once or twice in a blue moon when you absolutely have to spam them)

Bazooka Range seems like shit at first since it doesn't even affect the Elite Bazookas (it only affects the standard ones), and only grants a measly 5% range increase at that (for a total of 36.75 range, 35*1.05), but because of how the range stats work with bazooka, to my knowledge it will also essentially increase the accuracy and penetration of the bazooka all the way out to its new max range (albeit by a factor of only 5% still), which could conceivably come in handy. It also makes it a little easier to kill vehicles trying to escape, but the bazooka is trash at killing stuff anyway so meh.
25 Aug 2019, 08:18 AM

I see, thanks for the advices!
I didn't know the zook range bulletin didn't affect the elite ones, this is relevant for me as I use zooks mostly on rangers or paratroopers. I guess the same applies for the +2% zook penetration too?
25 Aug 2019, 10:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In my opinion, the best bulletins are the ones that make you vet up 10% faster. That's quite handy.
25 Aug 2019, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bazooka Range seems like shit at first since it doesn't even affect the Elite Bazookas (it only affects the standard ones), and only grants a measly 5% range increase at that (for a total of 36.75 range, 35*1.05), but because of how the range stats work with bazooka, to my knowledge it will also essentially increase the accuracy and penetration of the bazooka all the way out to its new max range (albeit by a factor of only 5% still), which could conceivably come in handy. It also makes it a little easier to kill vehicles trying to escape, but the bazooka is trash at killing stuff anyway so meh.

I don't know the bulletin in the attribute editor, but range increase does not necessarily also increase the accuracy. In the editor, there is a "far range" and a "max range" attribute. For most weapons the variables have the same value, but from my understanding if the max range is greater than the far range, accuracy etc will be the same as far range.

Long story short:
I assume that you only get a accuracy buff if the bulletin modifies the far range. If it modifies the max range, probably not. I have not tested this, just my thoughts. Testing it would also be a huge pain in the ass.
25 Aug 2019, 14:58 PM

I see, thanks for the advices!
I didn't know the zook range bulletin didn't affect the elite ones, this is relevant for me as I use zooks mostly on rangers or paratroopers. I guess the same applies for the +2% zook penetration too?

I believe so, sadly, yes.

I don't know the bulletin in the attribute editor, but range increase does not necessarily also increase the accuracy. In the editor, there is a "far range" and a "max range" attribute. For most weapons the variables have the same value, but from my understanding if the max range is greater than the far range, accuracy etc will be the same as far range.

Long story short:
I assume that you only get a accuracy buff if the bulletin modifies the far range. If it modifies the max range, probably not. I have not tested this, just my thoughts. Testing it would also be a huge pain in the ass.

Range increases only max range, this is true. But the range values for the bazooka are as follows.

Near: -1
Mid: -1
Far: -1
Max: 35

Therefore increasing max range should theoretically increase/extend the extire range profile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★