Login

russian armor

American m3 halftrack buff ideas

20 Aug 2019, 03:08 AM

I think it is time to give this unit a add second look and make it interesting. Maybe some support abilities that don't promote blobbing. I would like it to be added to other docs too.
20 Aug 2019, 04:38 AM

I think it is time to give this unit a add second look and make it interesting. Maybe some support abilities that don't promote blobbing. I would like it to be added to other docs too.

First some factz
1. Come at the same time as M20. 10 more fuel 40 less manpower.
2. Loses quite badly to 2 pgren squads in CQB (tested in cheat mode just now) By comparison m20 with no skirts does much better, but still loses. With skirts wins with 1/4 hp left
3. Same armor as vanilla m20, 80 more hp, Same damage at long range, about half at close

The first thing I would change is the med drop. Let it drop 1 medkit like OKW scoutcar for 15 munis rather than 3 for 45. This will make it more accessible if you plan on getting an ambulance shortly after.

The next thing I would do is rush it in game and see what happens. Will report back on this tomorrow if I remember to try it :romeoHairDay:

Edit: tried in 4v4, 2 squads inside were good flankers but if they were more prepared probably a waste, only worth it as a surprise assault vehicle with like thompson cav rifles in it tbh. Mabye ill try 1v1 tomorrow :romeoHairDay:

Upon further review, it seems the M5 is better in literally every single way for about 40 more manpower(armor, dps within 35 range, upgrade to quad avaiable), it just comes a little later.:luvDerp:
20 Aug 2019, 05:26 AM

Imo its fine as it is but the issue is people rather park ambulance in base or near frontline rather than buy this. I think good ways to change it eould be to buff its mgs damage output so it could reliably support rifles, or give it unique buffs with combined arms like 50% faster reinforce speed or such.
20 Aug 2019, 08:28 AM

Well, there is the repair aura from the AA campaign but it's redundant with the USF vehicle crews.

It'd be a nice touch if you could upgrade it to the mortar version or something.
20 Aug 2019, 15:50 PM

Well, there is the repair aura from the AA campaign but it's redundant with the USF vehicle crews.

It'd be a nice touch if you could upgrade it to the mortar version or something.

I really want this unit to still function as a reinforcement halftrack. I don't want it to lose its identity.
20 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

Upon further review, it seems the M5 is better in literally every single way for about 40 more manpower(armor, dps within 35 range, upgrade to quad avaiable), it just comes a little later.:luvDerp:

Its much earlier timing, 5 passengers shooting out and much better speed boost (+75% speed + 50% accel versus just +60% accel) easily make it a better troop carrier than the M5.

Twistedtootsy has shown us the light: www.twitch.tv/aecoh/clip/SullenFrailRuffKappaClaus

The moving accuracy nerf didn't affect Zooks as much as small arms, because scatter exists. The Tootsy car is still a viable strategy IMO, if you can find the micro.
20 Aug 2019, 17:05 PM

Could it’s MG be given 360 degree rotation like the M20? I don’t think it can, but, if it can, I think that would be a good buff to the “Assault” part of the half track
20 Aug 2019, 17:42 PM

Its much earlier timing, 5 passengers shooting out and much better speed boost (+75% speed + 50% accel versus just +60% accel) easily make it a better troop carrier than the M5.

Twistedtootsy has shown us the light: www.twitch.tv/aecoh/clip/SullenFrailRuffKappaClaus

The moving accuracy nerf didn't affect Zooks as much as small arms, because scatter exists. The Tootsy car is still a viable strategy IMO, if you can find the micro.

I don't see anyone doing this anymore. Maybe putting 500 mp and 200 munitions in a fragile unit is a bad idea.
20 Aug 2019, 17:51 PM

The real questions are
Is this unit being used and why not?
Can we give it more utility without promoting blobbing or making it into a super clown car?
20 Aug 2019, 17:54 PM

Its only problem is being in the same doctrine as the WC51.

Move it to Rifle Company or something and it'll be much happier.
20 Aug 2019, 18:07 PM

That's interesting didn't realize the m5 gets an extra passenger gun.

However I would still say if your opponent is prepared with a teller or panzerfausts, the unit will not be effective, which is the definition of cheese to me.

The real questions are
Is this unit being used and why not?
Can we give it more utility without promoting blobbing or making it into a super clown car?

Adding the wc51 artillery ability might help utility, I also think that should be added on mechanized shermans too though.

As for combat the WC51 Mg does literally twice as much damage as this thing and has 45 range, harassment like that would make it a very good support unit or harassment vehicle when not reinforcing or using other abilities.

20 Aug 2019, 18:14 PM

However I would still say if your opponent is prepared with a teller or panzerfausts, the unit will not be effective, which is the definition of cheese to me.

Adding the wc51 artillery ability might help utility, I also think that should be added on mechanized shermans too though.

As for combat the WC51 Mg does literally twice as much damage as this thing and has 45 range, harassment like that would make it a very good support unit or harassment vehicle when not reinforcing or using other abilities.

I think giving the mg more damage is a great idea. I would trade the extra man to have that squirt gun buffed. The damage would only apply when stationary.
20 Aug 2019, 19:29 PM

Tellers really work if you can put both a Sweeper and 2 Zooks on the same squad. :snfCHVGame:

Losing a halftrack with 14,3 speed (veterancy and step on it) to Fausts is an L2P issue.

It's the USF Assault M3 that gets the extra shooting passenger, the M5 only has 4 in total.

TwistedTootsy got to top 10 USF with M3 skills, so we should be careful with buffing it. The moving accuracy nerf didn't affect Zooks nearly as much as small arms.
20 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

Tellers really work if you can put both a Sweeper and 2 Zooks on the same squad. :snfCHVGame:

Losing a halftrack with 14,3 speed (veterancy and step on it) to Fausts is an L2P issue.

It's the USF Assault M3 that get the extra shooting passenger, the M5 only has 4 in total.

TwistedTootsy got to top 10 USF with M3 skills, so we should be careful with buffing it. The moving accuracy nerf didn't affect Zooks nearly as much as small arms.

And it got nerfed. I already said buffing it in a way which turns into a super clown car should be avoided. What I would rather do is have it be buffed while stationary. It is not used as of now.
20 Aug 2019, 19:48 PM

And it got nerfed. I already said buffing it in a way which turns into a super clown car should be avoided. What I would rather do is have it be buffed while stationary. It is not used as of now.

Buff MG when stationary to 20~ dps + drop single med kit instead of 3 is all I would change to it.
20 Aug 2019, 19:50 PM

Buff MG when stationairy + drop single med kit instead of 3 is all I would change to it.

I would even go as far to give it setup time like the okw flaktrack to avoid stop moving vs retreating squads.
20 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

I would even go as far to give it setup time like the okw flaktrack to avoid stop moving vs retreating squads.

Afaik, the USF M3 has a working handbrake that stops autorotating, like the Soviet M3 has. Handbrakes on open halftracks are different from those on the AAHT.
20 Aug 2019, 20:45 PM

Afaik, the USF M3 has a working handbrake that stops autorotating, like the Soviet M3 has. Handbrakes on open halftracks are different than those on the AAHT.

Will need to be modified
20 Aug 2019, 20:51 PM

Will need to be modified

Why? The handbrake works perfectly: https://youtu.be/41D0Ct2izGg

Can't say the same for the 250's handbrake though, with the one in Inf Doc doing nothing and the ones in German Mech and Mech Assault completely missing. :facepalm:
20 Aug 2019, 21:04 PM

Why? The handbrake works perfectly: https://youtu.be/41D0Ct2izGg

Can't say the same for the 250's handbrake though, with the one in Inf Doc doing nothing and the ones in German Mech and Mech Assault completely missing. :facepalm:

Do you mean tying damage boost to handbrake? That could work!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
Russian Federation 106

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment