Login

russian armor

World Builder Problem - Wall Splines

15 Aug 2019, 02:39 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum but have been lurking around trying to learn about map making. I've created a map, and have been trying to test it. I've been running into a strange issue (which seams to be random in nature, at least I haven't been able to recreate an instance that seems to be triggering the issue)

But to the point...

Sometimes when the map loads in game, it doesn't load either ALL of the wall splines I had placed on the map (Fences / Concrete Walls / Etc) sometimes it loads SOME of them but random walls will be missing.

And sometimes, it loads fine and everything is where it should be.

I'm sure there is some reason for it, but was curious if any of ya'll have experienced this and had any solutions or ideas as to what I have done wrong in the process.

Thanks for the time : )
15 Aug 2019, 02:53 AM

Is the map really big? Maybe you are hitting some object limit.

Do the splines stretch for very long distances? I have heard tale of splines disappearing if they are very long and possibly go off map. I have not seen it personally though.
15 Aug 2019, 03:11 AM

Thanks for the reply!

That's an interesting point, some of them are fairly long and go off map a little. (Not completely off the edge but off the playable area.)

Is there a way to check if you have hit an object limit? It's not throwing an error when exporting the package. (which is why I was kind of puzzled in the first place)

But for the time being I'll screw around with some of the stuff I have going off map and see if that fixes it. The map is fairly heavy on splines (walls/roads/sidewalks/etc) so maybe there is a spline limit possibly along the same idea as the object limit?

I'll report back if I am able to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

15 Aug 2019, 03:45 AM

Rosbone!

You were totally right, after careful examination around the perimeter of the map I did in fact have a couple of splines that were a smidge too long. haha...

I've run a couple tests and the splines haven't vanished since the adjustment.

You rock my friend. I thought I was stuck.

Cheers!
15 Aug 2019, 03:49 AM

I've run a couple tests and the splines haven't vanished since the adjustment.

That's great!

It was a shot in the dark for me since I have never had it happen. But Tric always beats this stuff into me here. So he is the real hero!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★