Login

russian armor

molotovs cannot be thrown into buildings over fences/cover

21 Oct 2013, 01:44 AM

like title states.

conscripts run like muppets around the cover to get their molotov off, rather than throwing OVER the cover, losing 3 models to MG42 before getting a molotov off, the MG42 just gets out of the building, losing a sliver of health because the player noticed in the 15 seconds it takes for a conscript to throw a grenade to a building 10 meters away.

and the conscripts get cut down running like idiots over roads by grens with a LMG, becoming free veterency
21 Oct 2013, 05:47 AM

I have actually seen this too, they run around like madmen before throwing molotovs for the important 1-2 seconds you have before mg sees you. It really hurrts.
21 Oct 2013, 06:46 AM

This is probably due to the low range of molotovs and the center point of the building models. Which is weird, because you also tend to throw molotovs where you click a building.
21 Oct 2013, 07:31 AM

Permanently Banned
I suppose you need to vault the fence first. Apparently the throw distance wasnt enough vs a building, which as Turtle pointed our, may count the center of the building as the target when you select the building as the target.
21 Oct 2013, 07:52 AM

On Semoisky yesterday I had a conscript squad standing behind a wall and a grenadier squad well within range in a piece of cover. I clicked to throw my Molotov and what do you know? They all ran out of their green cover, around the wall and were ripped apart by the grenadier squad with the lmg.

This is one of the most frustrating things. That and command input lag which is another story.
21 Oct 2013, 08:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Dunno, maybe the cover/fence/wall in these cases counts as too high to be thrown over?

Perhaps there is something in the molotov targetting that requires the model designated to throw it, to have direct/unobstructed LoS to the target?
21 Oct 2013, 08:08 AM

you know that you manually decide where to throw molotov into building? it's not CoH1 where you just needed to click on building to throw grenade
21 Oct 2013, 10:18 AM

I know what you are talking about, me thinks. Occasionally, when you want to throw molotov (in range and good to throw) The model that is supposed to throw it, is actually lagging behind and is behind wall/fence. At this point the entire squad decides to go back and climb over fence/wall, taking 30 sec...

Its annoying, yes..

Also i get a lot of instances of clicking to throw molotove 3 times before it actually registers as command. (due to lag, I presume)
21 Oct 2013, 15:25 PM

Also i get a lot of instances of clicking to throw molotove 3 times before it actually registers as command. (due to lag, I presume)

This happens to me when I try to repair tanks with engineers. Sometimes abilities don't register due to input lag (or maybe some other form of lag).

It's not fun.
21 Oct 2013, 15:36 PM

Can't say I've had this issue. I've thrown molotovs over even the high fences.
21 Oct 2013, 18:46 PM

Probably because of the one model who needs to throw the Molotov not being in Range, and maybe the other models take the coverspots and this model has to run upfront then?

Would be easyer with a video...
22 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM

Probably because of the one model who needs to throw the Molotov not being in Range, and maybe the other models take the coverspots and this model has to run upfront then?

Would be easyer with a video...

Don't have a video, I think its auto-cover thing. You are barely in range, as you click to throw, Model moves to cover (wall, fence) out of range, than stupid pathing takes over.

Since most of us try throwing Molotov as soon as in range

That's what I concluded

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight