Login

russian armor

equipments!

19 Oct 2013, 22:02 PM

there seem to be a lack of equipment decisions in this game. i don't mean one upgrades that only improves the squad like conscript ppshs. i mean upgrades that makes the squad fill a specific role.

in company of heroes, the british faction you start out with ordinary infantry section but you can chose to have either rifle grenade, bren gun, or recon infantry section. in the panzer elite faction you start ordinary panzergrenadier with kar98ks but you can upgrade them to have g43s, mp44s or panzershrecks. you can only have upgrade for each squad.

it's either good anti infantry or good anti tank but not both. in coh2 however, all the upgrades directly improves the unit, but not change their role. i think it would be better if you have a few different kind of upgrades for each squad.

i wanted the panzergrenadiers in coh2 to be similiar to the panzergrenadiers in vcoh. in coh2 i think they drop panzershrecks too easily even though, they also kill tanks incredibly fast, too fast. i wanted them to start out with only one good panzershreck instead of two, but others complain that would make panzergrenadiers good against both infantry and tanks, therefore i think it's fair that they start out with kar98ks but can be upgraded to have either mp44s or panzershrecks.

that way a panzergrenadier squad would not be either super anti tank infantry or an antitank infantry with surperb infantry killing power.

why stop there?

we can do the same with conscripts, you can either upgrade them to have either two lmgs or two ppshs. the lmg for dps conscripts but ppshs for assualting conscripts, (keep in mind that soviet conscripts in 1944 were well equipped). guards that could either upgrade to lmg for button upgrade or svts for great infantry killing power.

if you can choose a different kind of weapons for each infantry, it would expand more different kind of units as each squad can fulfill a different kind of role, instead of having only one upgrade that just improves your unit.

why can't conscripts and grenadiers have a regular grenade. rifle grenades can't be shot from close range and moltovs is a crap idea and it relys on criticals to kill since it does such small damage. both grenadiers and conscripts should have a normal grenade throwing ability.
19 Oct 2013, 22:43 PM

that way a panzergrenadier squad would not be either super anti tank infantry or an antitank infantry with surperb infantry killing power.

PG AI power stinks after the upgrade. Only two models possess small arms, and they are the first to die.

we can do the same with conscripts, you can either upgrade them to have either two lmgs or two ppshs. the lmg for dps conscripts but ppshs for assualting conscripts, (keep in mind that soviet conscripts in 1944 were well equipped). guards that could either upgrade to lmg for button upgrade or svts for great infantry killing power.

Two lmgs on a conscript squad seems like overkill, bearing in mind that grens get one, and scripts reinforce costs are cheaper.

Aside from that, it could mean a little more battlefield confusion, when units aren't as immediately identifiable at a glance, though this is not to say that I am against more choices being made available.
19 Oct 2013, 23:12 PM

Permanently Banned
we can do the same with conscripts, you can either upgrade them to have ... two lmgs

>>Complains about LMG Grens
>>Wants 2xLMG on Cons
20 Oct 2013, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2013, 23:12 PMNullist

>>Wants 2xLMG on Cons

I'm not saying I agree with OP, but aren't the russian LMGs different. The guards DO get two and they seem to have the same affectiveness together as the german's one. Though I don't know the actual stats.
20 Oct 2013, 00:22 AM

to be fair, he never specified which lmg. i agree cons with 2 lmg42s would be a horrible suggestion, but i got the impression he was suggesting the dp lmg. guards already get two of them, so its not a crazy suggestion.

it does seem like jinseuals post focused primarily on soviet upgrades, although that maybe wasnt the intent. the soviet suggestions would allow guards and cons to fill new roles, but the german suggestions dont really seem to do that. forcing pgrens to buy mp44s and/or reducing them to one schreck sounds more like a nerf to me. grens get a new type of grenade, but personally, i have no issues with the min range on rifle nades, and this also doesnt change their role in any way.

EDIT: oops, omega beat me to it. yes the soviet lmg has very different stats. with the latest lmg42 changes, 2 dp lmgs have a bit better long range dps, but worse near dps than 1 lmg42.

gren squad with lmg42:
near 28.253 far 6.443

con squad if they had 2 dp lmgs:
near 23.029 far 6.474

the dp lmg doesnt have a 2 second ready aim time like the lmg42 though, so cons may actually have the advantage in this case.
20 Oct 2013, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2013, 23:12 PMNullist

>>Wants 2xLMG on Cons

>> attemps to make me look stupid.
>> forgets that soviets have their own lmg, which has a lot less dps than mg42.
>> forgets that guards have two lmg upgrade as well and still loses to grenadiers with lmg.
20 Oct 2013, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2013, 00:22 AMwooof

forcing pgrens to buy mp44s and/or reducing them to one schreck sounds more like a nerf to me.

yes, it is kind of a nerf, i wasn't thinking that the price of mp44s would be much, perhaps only 40 munitions. the last time i checked one panzershreck does 120 damage and has a 8.5 second reload time. since my suggestions would make panzergrenadiers have only one panzershreck the panzershreck itself should be buffed to 160 damage and have a faster reload time.

i would have more suggestions for german infantry but they don't have many kind of infantry at the moment, and i can't think of a suggestion for grenadiers.
20 Oct 2013, 07:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

In the early closed beta it was possible to upgrade Panzergrenadiers with only one panzershreck. You could upgrade them with a second panzershreck if you really wanted. I think they took out the single-shreck upgrade option to help preserve balance. Those single-shreck PGs could still rip conscripts and guards to bits. I doubt that the one-shreck upgrade will come back.

I would not be surprised if Relic adds a new unit that can be upgraded in many different ways, like the OP describes. Something like the Partisans from the campaign, maybe.
Hux
20 Oct 2013, 09:31 AM
Patrion 14

I would not be surprised if Relic adds a new unit that can be upgraded in many different ways, like the OP describes. Something like the Partisans from the campaign, maybe.

Penals. It would be a really nice way of killing two birds with a single (Molotov?) bring them into the meta and increase Sov non-doctrinal infantry options.
20 Oct 2013, 13:55 PM

IMO penals, conscripts should have some sort of upgrades to make them usefull in late games, this also applies to the pioneers. Maybe they should get 4 rifles after an upgrade.
20 Oct 2013, 15:00 PM

Not sure why ppl keep ripping on penals so bad - they are at least as useful as snipers - possibly more so with their high dps and better ability to resist damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★