Login

russian armor

Ostheer King Tiger.

30 Jul 2019, 19:58 PM

Here's a mod that gives the King Tiger to Ostheer in their Elite Troops doctrine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1602620176&searchtext=King+Tiger

Recently the Tiger Ace was added to the new commander in order to tweak it but I still think that Ostheer deserve to just get the KT while retaining the Ace in Elite Troops since it sort of fits the name and theme of the commander.

Or another brand new commander perhaps next year can include it?

Just wanted to view some opinions, I wanted the TA replaced before but now it's become a nice all around self repair capable unit to spearhead assaults.

Cheers.
30 Jul 2019, 20:08 PM

I love the idea, but it has many flaws, but again i want to see more KT.

The main issue is game design/balance and the other one is KT balance itself.

Other than that thanks for the mod!
30 Jul 2019, 21:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah sure and Soviets get lend leased Churchills? Better yet, Lend lease Pershings! Since atleast 1 was sent to USSR.
30 Jul 2019, 21:22 PM

Yeah sure and Soviets get lend leased Churchills? Better yet, Lend lease Pershings! Since atleast 1 was sent to USSR.

And never used in battle too. Soviets have more captured KT and Tigers than pershings. I prefer KV-85, more than KV-1 and t-3485, but less than IS-2.
30 Jul 2019, 21:25 PM

I think making Wehr and OKW overlap should be avoided (I think making any armies overlap should be avoided, tbh, including the most recent commanders).
30 Jul 2019, 21:27 PM

I think making Wehr and OKW overlap should be avoided (I think making any armies overlap should be avoided, tbh, including the most recent commanders).

If in one commande why not? Soviets have lend lease, brits have lend lease, OKW have tigers.
30 Jul 2019, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2019, 21:27 PMMaret

If in one commande why not? Soviets have lend lease, brits have lend lease, OKW have tigers.

Which is why I mentioned the most recent commanders.

Because as a rule I prefer my armies to be distinct and unique, and the less overlap there is -- even between commanders -- the better.

If an army is missing something key and there is need for it in a commander, I'd rather they get something new/unique rather than a copy paste from another army.
30 Jul 2019, 21:33 PM

More heavy tank commanders? The game doesn't have enough?

I pray like hell coh3 is early war
30 Jul 2019, 21:33 PM

Here's a mod that gives the King Tiger to Ostheer in their Elite Troops doctrine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1602620176&searchtext=King+Tiger

Recently the Tiger Ace was added to the new commander in order to tweak it but I still think that Ostheer deserve to just get the KT while retaining the Ace in Elite Troops since it sort of fits the name and theme of the commander.

Or another brand new commander perhaps next year can include it?

Just wanted to view some opinions, I wanted the TA replaced before but now it's become a nice all around self repair capable unit to spearhead assaults.

Cheers.

Some time ago we had a similar discussion and from that flowed the KT replacement mod. The general consensus from that tread was that the Tiger Ace was badly designed and ugly unit and it would be better if it was replaced with KT all together. I agree with this.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/84849/replace-tiger-ace-with-king-tiger-for-elite-troops
30 Jul 2019, 21:46 PM

Refer to my New Commander concepts topic about that, I've already proposed a British Lend-Lease commander containing the Churchill along with other vehicles I believe there.
30 Jul 2019, 21:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I agree. On top of that the dates when the KT were produced don't line up with the setting of the Wehrmacht in game.
31 Jul 2019, 00:24 AM

I agree. On top of that the dates when the KT were produced don't line up with the setting of the Wehrmacht in game.

You agree while 60% of the equipment of both Armies are shared between them and we have no other option besides adding more because of our limited tools, why do you think the Tiger was added to the OKW, or the Panzer IV H to the Ostheer? We simply are running out of content and neither Relic or the community mod team are willing to implement units with workarounds, or give us not artificially gimped modding tools.

And while so, yes, neither is the Ostwind, or the Brummbar, or the Panzerwerfer which are either experimental vehicles, fielded in small numbers or were more prominent on other fronts so that argument goes flying out the window as well.

Schwerer Panzer Abteilung 502nd and 503rd as far as I know both fielded some King Tigers on the Eastern Front but I think they were with the earlier Porsche Turrets, that's also where 2 of them were lost due to ammo still being stored inside the turrets, which was prohibited after that, lowering to the total amount of stored ammo in a KT down to something like 60 or 70, not sure of the exact number.
31 Jul 2019, 06:19 AM

When I read about the new commander proposals the King Tiger was mentioned and I was excited about it, even more so if we consider that Tiger Ace was a bit meh at that time. But now the latter turned out to be really fine. I kinda remembered the Sturmtiger being mentioned, but apart from the Warsaw uprisings it didn't see much action on the Eastern front either.
But we all know what Ostheer really needs: the Kübelwagen! :)
31 Jul 2019, 06:23 AM

What Ostheer needs is the Jagtpanzer IV/70. Because they need an alternative to the Elephant
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★