Login

russian armor

Ostheer and Soviet FRP discussion

31 Jul 2019, 21:50 PM

Besides SVT-40, I do not see anything standing in it, and apparently I am not alone. This commander is practically absent in games, unlike the rest of the commanders who are in each game.

In terms of useful abilties: the AT strafe is one of the most cost-effective AT abilities in the game, miles ahead of NKVD's AT overwatch.

Also sorry for off-topic.
1 Aug 2019, 03:05 AM

Soviet airborn FRP is too cheap
24 Aug 2019, 08:25 AM

I still would like to see Wehr and Soviet FRPs.
Just recently got my hands on the WFA armies, and the 1st thing I noticed when I switched back non-dlc armies on 4v4 maps is that it takes ages to retreat and get back my troops on the frontline again.
In fact even on smaller, 2v2 maps sometimes I set an FRP, that few meters difference can matter.

I mean, are soviet and wehr infantry that much stronger that seeing them more often would throw off the balance? If so, then they would be already inbalanced on smaller maps.
Again, we are talking about a handicap for these armies. Yes, there are the halftracks, with doctrines even WFA armies can get them, yet they are rarely used and even when used they easily get destroyed on the frontline and generally it's a lot more micro intensive to handle them.
26 Aug 2019, 07:46 AM

This is why both EFA armies have non doctrinal halftracks which can reinforce in the front.

That won’t help if your units get suppressed. It is improbable that your units won’t get supressed during engagements, and when they do get supressed you have to retreat. You can’t rienforce while pinned, remember?

Also, no FRP means long retreat paths for clown car/m20 wipes. Another thing half tracks can’t help with
26 Aug 2019, 10:26 AM

+1 Good idea!

Airborne commander is fine, plenty of people use it to good effect. Only thing it really lacks is some early AT option. I'd personally advocate for an elite M1 Bazooka upgrade for the "Airborne" Guards. Also feel the Guards could do with passive camo and demo's, they're currently very costly for what they offer.

I agree. For 380 mp they are too costly for what they offer. In my opinion the suppression strafe ability is kind of a gimmick. I liked the drop rate for the dps fixed but they neither have any kind of camo or some extraordinary surprise attack feature. I mean after all they are elite troops who have 'previously infiltrated behind enemy lines' so they must be special.

They only have one useful ability. Passive healing at veteran 3. I have been unable to get their received accuracy and etc stats from anyone.
26 Aug 2019, 10:46 AM

They only have one useful ability. Passive healing at veteran 3. I have been unable to get their received accuracy and etc stats from anyone.

I checked in attribute editor, same as regular guards.
26 Aug 2019, 10:51 AM

I checked in attribute editor, same as regular guards.

Thanks. I still think their cost needs to be adjusted a bit. Idk or their performance improved a bit for the cost. ????
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★