Login

russian armor

Custom Vehicle skin in tuning pack?

30 Jul 2019, 00:39 AM

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to add custom skins to a tuning pack. For example I know how to override vehicle skins in the attribute editor, but I have only figured out how too add skins that exsist in the store, where I have seen the wikinger mod has its own custom skins that you have to download in the workshop.
30 Jul 2019, 07:30 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to add custom skins to a tuning pack. For example I know how to override vehicle skins in the attribute editor, but I have only figured out how too add skins that exsist in the store, where I have seen the wikinger mod has its own custom skins that you have to download in the workshop.

Hey, so as you know in the ebps of the vehicle in the ui_ext there are skin_pack_override, skin_summer and skin_winter.

You want them to set like this:
skin_pack_override = true
skin_summer = *ModID_summer
skin_winter = *ModID_winter

*ModID is not the tunning pack ID but the mod ID of the skin pack.

I hope this helped.

30 Jul 2019, 11:43 AM

Hey, so as you know in the ebps of the vehicle in the ui_ext there are skin_pack_override, skin_summer and skin_winter.

You want them to set like this:
skin_pack_override = true
skin_summer = *ModID_summer
skin_winter = *ModID_winter

*ModID is not the tunning pack ID but the mod ID of the skin pack.

I hope this helped.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I had tried that, I think what I am having trouble with is finding the correct ID. Where would I find it exactly? I have looked in the archive viewer under attributes but it hasn't worked for me. Also as a rule do I set "_summer" at the end of it even if it says _summer in it?
30 Jul 2019, 12:58 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hey, thanks for your reply. I had tried that, I think what I am having trouble with is finding the correct ID. Where would I find it exactly? I have looked in the archive viewer under attributes but it hasn't worked for me. Also as a rule do I set "_summer" at the end of it even if it says _summer in it?

Well the mod ID is hidden you would have to ask the skin creator to give it to you.

And yes you need to add "_summer"/"_winter" behind the ModID.
30 Jul 2019, 18:41 PM

Well the mod ID is hidden you would have to ask the skin creator to give it to you.

And yes you need to add "_summer"/"_winter" behind the ModID.

Oh of course, actually seems pretty obvious now. I had always planned on asking permission or just making my own skins, just wanted to see if it was possible first. Thanks a lot for your help you probably saved me a lot of time, I am pretty new to modding so there has been a bit of a learning curve. Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★