Login

russian armor

AA mode

27 Jul 2019, 04:49 AM

alright, its been some time, but i think AA mode should be something turned on, not passive and certainly not "override current target"
i just witnessed an ostwind stop shooting at a unit it was chasing because a recon plane flew over and i truely think that that is absolutely bullshit.

outside the obvious, if AA mode is a toggle instead of a passive on every AA vehicle they can be rebalnced to account for that (looking at you USF AAHT) so that they preform properly when set to AA since this presents clear counter play,
27 Jul 2019, 05:16 AM

AA = anti-aircraft? or AA = auto-attack? Which one you mean makes a big difference.

Anti-air toggle is a small (but important) change that will only affect a few units and won't increase micro by a significant amount.

Auto-attack toggle is a big change, affecting many units (mortars, light arty, anti-air units) and significantly increasing micro.

A little clarification is needed, especially when using abbreviations. [Proof-readers rule-of-thumb is to always spell it out exactly the first time then, use abbreviations subsequently.]

27 Jul 2019, 22:25 PM

AA = anti-aircraft? or AA = auto-attack? Which one you mean makes a big difference.

Anti-air toggle is a small (but important) change that will only affect a few units and won't increase micro by a significant amount.

Auto-attack toggle is a big change, affecting many units (mortars, light arty, anti-air units) and significantly increasing micro.

A little clarification is needed, especially when using abbreviations. [Proof-readers rule-of-thumb is to always spell it out exactly the first time then, use abbreviations subsequently.]

Going by the context of the main post I can deduct using my detective skills that he is indeed talking about the Anti-Aircraft mode and not Auto-attack.

As far as QOL changes goes, I agree with the OP.

I believe there was already a mod that actually did that but I forgot which one exactly.
28 Jul 2019, 02:17 AM

Yes, sorry. I meant anti air

There was a toggle on the usf AAHT but it was Removed as it was the only one to have it (also it required vet 1 iirc)
But AT units have tank priority, I think AA should have plane priority
28 Jul 2019, 04:12 AM

Going by the context of the main post I can deduct using my detective skills that he is indeed talking about the Anti-Aircraft mode and not Auto-attack.

Sarcasm?:unsure: So hard to tell these days.

Seriously, I did interpret the OP the same way but, there were a lot of posts on the Pack Howitzer thread calling for the removal of its auto-attack ability. I just wanted to be sure this wasn't following on from that.

I wholeheartedly support the "Target Aircraft" toggle for anti-air units - especially the Bofors emplacement. It should be the best AA unit in the game but, for some reason, it doesn't seem to be (this might just be my perception of it; I haven't really researched its stats).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 20
South Africa 1
Germany 582
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %