Login

russian armor

Heavy crit on vehicles from nades and fausts

18 Oct 2013, 22:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 21:38 PMwooof

unfortunately, crit chances are in the stats of the target, not the weapon, and they are based on weapon types. so, as far as i know, molotov crit chances cant be adjusted without changing all flame crits or creating a whole new weapon type just for molotovs.

Damn...
19 Oct 2013, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 21:38 PMwooof

imagine if your mortars had pinpoint accuracy at all times or tanks penetrated 100%. i dont think that would be more exciting at all. there is something satisfying about getting a direct hit with a mortar because its difficult to do (even if its not entirely skill based, its not entirely luck either).

look at some mechanics that had no rng before. AT nades and ram used to work 100% of the time. can you honestly say that was more exciting? i think its awesome that i can turn my tank just in time to force the AT nade to hit front armor and have it bounch off. the same goes for getting crew shocked by a ram. so i really do think the uncertainty makes things more fun, but thats just my opinion

Why go to an extreme?

No one here said that mortar should have that perfect accuracy, its obliviously better in its current state. The problem is with excessive rng.

Ram is a good example. The old (always penetrate) ram was annoying. Now the new one is annoying too. Just look at this example:

Other day I had a vet2 tiger get immobolized (as in, cannot move at all) from a ram from the front on the first try. What the fuck.

Crap like this should not happen this is an expensive game-changing unit, that was put on the sideline in instant because his opponent used an easy/cheap in your face tactic that was made perfect by RNG.
19 Oct 2013, 04:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:58 PMlink0
I do not find RNG elements for vehicle criticals to add ANY excitement to the game.

I get excited when great players make brilliant plays, NOT when RNG causes bullshit unlikely outcomes.

This is just as bad as the sniper vs sniper RNG in vCOH that ruined perfectly executed counter-sniping.

Cataclaw: Do you really believe that adding a random chance seige tanks to miss or fungal growth not immobilize would make SC2 more exciting to watch?

No, it would not. It discourages great plays from happening.
I believe in minor RNG differences but not in vital parts such as vehicles, trust me ive damned this game plenty times over bad RNG, and worshipped it a little less about good RNG.

There needs to be RNG in a game like this, great plays still happens. However, the thread within RNG needs to be fine tuned, we aren't there yet for that fine lil' thread of RNG. Hopefully someone understands what im trying to say. And i would like to point out that comparing SC2 to CoH2 is dividing by zero, afterall, its played out in a completely different way, another type of game.

There's a lot wrong with this game at the moment and this kind if binary RNG is one of them.

Other day I had a vet2 tiger get immobolized (as in, cannot move at all) from a ram from the front on the first try. What the fuck.

Funny thing is though (and this is a separate issue entirely), I thought that was gg right there but it turns out that the vet2 tiger is so tanky that a vet3 Su85, 2AT guns and another T34 couldn't kill it (this was in 2v2, in case you're wondering). What a joke.

I have to agree with this. IMO Veterancy shouldnt add protection, hp or anything but damage, to pressure the higher skilled players a bit more. Combat right now is extremelly slow imo and not very stimulating.

I rammed a Vet 0 Tiger, 3(!) times from behind, noone which penetrated 'dat ass. Went into panick mode and rammed it once from the front, bham, that worked. RNG for ya. Not satisfying RNG that is.

19 Oct 2013, 04:52 AM

^Tiger front and rear armor doesn't differ too much so its almost the same chance. (On the other hand ram on the back of an elephant works always.)

I agree that CoH needs random things, it IS completly diffrent from SCII.

And I am sure in a 4v4 its all fun when your first Su85 gets heavy engine damage from a nade. Or it gets engine damage from a random tankshot. But in 1v1 this means you lose the game in most circumstances.

Actually it would be ok if the chance was higher, like 20% because then its a risk you have to calculate with. If it happens on a 5% basis its just bs.
19 Oct 2013, 09:31 AM

The moment when a 120mm mortar totally wipes a capping, vet 3 PG squad, or a railway arty shell hits a fortified enemy position, all those xp markers pop up, and I cackle 'OMG!' with glee is the reason I play this game.

RNG FTW!
19 Oct 2013, 20:16 PM

Ram is fine by me , if anything its unerpowered since one has to have a geometry phd in order to successfully use it with the very big minimum rangeand engine buring off if you try to use it on maximum ( unless your opponent is sleeping MVGame )

Molotov on the other hand is wrongly implemented , i cant say its OP cause you can dodge it easily i cant also say its UP cause if you are doing something else and you get to the battle just in time to micro your units it can still kill 2 or 3 squad members . IMO it should be a bit quicker to throw and it should kill maximum up to one model every 1 second but . If that isnt possible , then it should start killinbg models once the squad has fallen bellow half health but it should also have more dps
19 Oct 2013, 23:33 PM

[edit: foot-in-mouth syndrome]
20 Oct 2013, 07:18 AM

The outcome of a game should not heavily depend on one instance of pure RNG. Ever.

There should be no but's, if's, and or's. This is a basic requirement of good competitive play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★