Login

russian armor

Heavy crit on vehicles from nades and fausts

18 Oct 2013, 15:16 PM

Noth much more on this , just lost a game cause of 3 out of 3 at nades caused heavy engine crits on my tanks . Does anyonhe know what are the chances of heavy crit happening or if there are any modifiers depending on frontal back armour ?
18 Oct 2013, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

I don't know about the specific stats, but yes, a lot more chances of penetrating if AT-Nade or Faust hits side/back armor.

I always throw my AT-Nade at the back amor of a PIV and gets crit 95% of the time.
18 Oct 2013, 15:22 PM

5% to get the heavy critical, 95% to get the light critical.

Code
"random_actions": [
{
"actions": [
{
"$REF": "action\\trigger_critical_action.lua",
"critical": "vehicle_damage_engine",
"remove_at_health": 1
}
],
"weight": 95
},
{
"actions": [
{
"$REF": "action\\trigger_critical_action.lua",
"critical": "vehicle_destroy_engine",
"remove_at_health": 1
}
],
"weight": 5
}
18 Oct 2013, 15:41 PM

Yesterday Siberian was playing and he had his 2 su85s get heavy engine damage from 2 fausts in a row. Later he had 2 at grenades in a row deflect of his opponents panzer4s. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this game, and I think I know what it is: RNG!!!!
18 Oct 2013, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

stop atnading the PIV from the front.
18 Oct 2013, 15:45 PM

Abdul, RNG is a way to give more taste to the game, it can happen to both parts, which is the reason why this game is so much more fun to spectate than SC2, and a big thing that sets these two games apart. However RNG can easily piss people off, especially when you think you have the game, in thus over-extending can ruin your day. And start to think about why you got AT-Naded / Fausted from the beginning. Its a chance that you are willing to take or not?
18 Oct 2013, 15:48 PM
Donator 11

Abdul, RNG is a way to give more taste to the game, it can happen to both parts, which is the reason why this game is so much more fun to spectate than SC2, and a big thing that sets these two games apart. However RNG can easily piss people off, especially when you think you have the game, in thus over-extending can ruin your day. And start to think about why you got AT-Naded / Fausted from the beginning. Its a chance that you are willing to take or not?

+1
18 Oct 2013, 16:00 PM

Cata rng is fine as long as it doesnt dictate the game , whats worse is that only one of the nades hit my tanks in the back the rest were on the front . If the rng plays a part in deciding who wins and who loses then the taste it adds is piss poor . Just to clarify , i am not against firefights being dictated by rng or mortar shots either cause that happens often and can be countered by getting the numbers to favor you using cover etc or doing sth else , however when your tank gets blown up cause of that lucky crit thats endgame for y and it just should not happen ( 5% is 1 out of 20 so every few games you are bound to have that happen to you . Also on overextending , due to the p4 top mg which is effective close up you need to be in a medium distance from the frontlines to make use of your p4 otherwise you are effectively digging a whole in the water by purchasing it in the first place . In other areas the rng is just making units like the german howie woefully unnaccurate thus nobody ever builds it unless to troll people
18 Oct 2013, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 16:00 PMkafrion

Cata rng is fine as long as it doesnt dictate the game , whats worse is that only one of the nades hit my tanks in the back the rest were on the front . If the rng plays a part in deciding who wins and who loses then the taste it adds is piss poor . Just to clarify , i am not against firefights being dictated by rng or mortar shots either cause that happens often and can be countered by getting the numbers to favor you using cover etc or doing sth else , however when your tank gets blown up cause of that lucky crit thats endgame for y and it just should not happen ( 5% is 1 out of 20 so every few games you are bound to have that happen to you . Also on overextending , due to the p4 top mg which is effective close up you need to be in a medium distance from the frontlines to make use of your p4 otherwise you are effectively digging a whole in the water by purchasing it in the first place . In other areas the rng is just making units like the german howie woefully unnaccurate thus nobody ever builds it unless to troll people

German howitzer is far superior to the soviet 152mm, the CD between volley is only 40s while the soviet one needs more than 60s, although those commanders with 105mm is mediocre
18 Oct 2013, 17:04 PM

There's a lot wrong with this game at the moment and this kind if binary RNG is one of them.

Other day I had a vet2 tiger get immobolized (as in, cannot move at all) from a ram from the front on the first try. What the fuck.

Funny thing is though (and this is a separate issue entirely), I thought that was gg right there but it turns out that the vet2 tiger is so tanky that a vet3 Su85, 2AT guns and another T34 couldn't kill it (this was in 2v2, in case you're wondering). What a joke.
18 Oct 2013, 17:11 PM

There's a lot wrong with this game at the moment and this kind if binary RNG is one of them.

Other day I had a vet2 tiger get immobolized (as in, cannot move at all) from a ram from the front on the first try. What the fuck.

Funny thing is though (and this is a separate issue entirely), I thought that was gg right there but it turns out that the vet2 tiger is so tanky that a vet3 Su85, 2AT guns and another T34 couldn't kill it (this was in 2v2, in case you're wondering). What a joke.

Well the german vet 2 got .45 damage receive reduction in case you already know that
18 Oct 2013, 17:17 PM

Np with RNG as a concept, the problem with the way its implemented in this game. People can give you so many outrageous examples that should never happen.
18 Oct 2013, 17:29 PM

It really depends.
Some RNG is good because it adds variety and players can show off their adaptability rather than their flawless execution of prestudied strategies.

But I really dislike powerful effects depending on random chance. Many abilities that have a chance to crit or fail have one problem: Their effect is binary. It normally happens in its full effect or not at all.

For example take ram. Rather than have it utterly wreck the T-34 and have a chance to either a) fail or b) completely wreck heavy tanks, the ability should simply be a crew stun for both with its damage and stun duration depending on the armor value of the area hit.
So for example a ram would always stun both tanks (e.g. T-34 always 10 seconds, Panzer 4 8 seconds, Panther 5 seconds, Tiger 3-4 seconds) and the damage done to both would also depend on the armor of the tank hit. (Of course with cooldown changes and some of the other conditionals of ram changed.)

Or Panzerfaust/AT grenade: Rather than make them either fail or wreck medium+ tanks, the amount of movement speed reduction should depend on the armor of the area hit. So for example hitting a P4 from the back would reduce its speed by 50% (or whatever the current value for penetration is) but reduce its speed by just 35% from the front (numbers pulled out of my ass). Possibly with stacking effects up to the ability's full value for additional applications.

Some effects are simply too powerful, too expensive and too important to be left to random chance.
Other things like misses etc. are already random enough imo.
18 Oct 2013, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:11 PMUGBEAR

Well the german vet 2 got .45 damage receive reduction in case you already know that

Yeah, I knew that. I'm trying to say that RNG is broken but so is vet. Did it sound like I thought it was ok?
18 Oct 2013, 17:49 PM

I believe the heavy crit is completely random if the faust/nade penetrates.

It's a really egregious example of pure RNG and is detracting from the game imo.
18 Oct 2013, 17:58 PM

I do not find RNG elements for vehicle criticals to add ANY excitement to the game.

I get excited when great players make brilliant plays, NOT when RNG causes bullshit unlikely outcomes.

This is just as bad as the sniper vs sniper RNG in vCOH that ruined perfectly executed counter-sniping.

Cataclaw: Do you really believe that adding a random chance seige tanks to miss or fungal growth not immobilize would make SC2 more exciting to watch?
18 Oct 2013, 19:12 PM

Permanently Banned
ATNade/Faust was fine imo vs light vehicles, ok vs medium and broken vs heavies.
The changes unfortunatey sort of reversed that status quo (including dmg change, which affects light vehicles in pqrticular).

Molotov crit RNG has been a problem since forever.
Would be better served with a harder AoE DoT, and less crit chance.

There are some secondary elements of RNG to various accuracy effects, but those are indirectly adjustable through stats.
18 Oct 2013, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 19:12 PMNullist
ATNade/Faust was fine imo vs light vehicles, ok vs medium and broken vs heavies.
The changes unfortunatey sort of reversed that status quo (including dmg change, which affects light vehicles in pqrticular).

I'm honestly fine with the way it is right now.
18 Oct 2013, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:58 PMlink0
I do not find RNG elements for vehicle criticals to add ANY excitement to the game.

I get excited when great players make brilliant plays, NOT when RNG causes bullshit unlikely outcomes.

This is just as bad as the sniper vs sniper RNG in vCOH that ruined perfectly executed counter-sniping.

Cataclaw: Do you really believe that adding a random chance seige tanks to miss or fungal growth not immobilize would make SC2 more exciting to watch?

i think it should be pseudo random like dota. and that certain stuff should have more reliability like ramming.

should destroy gun 100% of the time and x% of engine damage and Y% of inmobilized.

so it mixes reliability and random.

EX: atnades 100% engine overheat for x seconds0, x% of engine damage y% of heavy damage.

i mean you know that the least it can do is engine overheat. and not a munitions waste as it is now.
18 Oct 2013, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:58 PMlink0

well, to each his own, because i think that is actually what makes things exciting. sometimes it can screw you over, but sometimes things work in your favor. it might be frustrating at times, but i really think that adds excitement.

imagine if your mortars had pinpoint accuracy at all times or tanks penetrated 100%. i dont think that would be more exciting at all. there is something satisfying about getting a direct hit with a mortar because its difficult to do (even if its not entirely skill based, its not entirely luck either).

look at some mechanics that had no rng before. AT nades and ram used to work 100% of the time. can you honestly say that was more exciting? i think its awesome that i can turn my tank just in time to force the AT nade to hit front armor and have it bounch off. the same goes for getting crew shocked by a ram. so i really do think the uncertainty makes things more fun, but thats just my opinion

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 19:12 PMNullist

Molotov crit RNG has been a problem since forever.
Would be better served with a harder AoE DoT, and less crit chance.

unfortunately, crit chances are in the stats of the target, not the weapon, and they are based on weapon types. so, as far as i know, molotov crit chances cant be adjusted without changing all flame crits or creating a whole new weapon type just for molotovs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 68
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment