Login

russian armor

pathfinders

23 Jul 2019, 10:42 AM

Hey guys need to ask couple of questions about this squad :
1.Wich are the stats for this squad?( weapons,slots for weapons,sight range and range of weapons)
2.Is there any other difference between the pathfinders and I&R?
3.Does the squad affected by weapons? i mean if i man a .30mm MG with pathfinders do they keep their sight as pathfinders or they become a mG teaam with MG stats?do htey keep their stats even if i give them bars or zookss?
4.I play mostly team games and no 1v1 is it better to have a mini blob of 3-4 pathfinders squad or mixed with IS(Infantry squad)?
tyvm
23 Jul 2019, 17:29 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

They both have 2 open slots IIRC, however because the scoped garands (2 on the standard paths and 1 on the I&R) have a prioritization conflict with 30cals/zooks/BARs, squads equiped with those weapons tend to juggle weapons. What that means is they tend to drop weapons more frequently.

50 sight range on both I believe, standard weapon range of 35.

Standard paths carry 2 scoped garands and 2 m1 carbines where I&R carry a 1:3 ratio respectivly. m1 carbines are better the closer your squad is to target, and the opposite is true of the scoped garands. It's best to keep them at range regardless as the crit on the scoped garand (40% for instant kill) is what you want to utilize the most.

Scoped weapons carry a 0.1 debuff multiplier on the move, so they're basically trash when chasing.

Pathfinder and I&R differences mentioned above ^ plus I&R have a very good arty strike that drops near instantly.

Just for technicality sake, .30mm is tiny AF and I think you're meaning 50cal MG. 50cal for a helpful tip shoots 12.7mm. Yes if you crew a teamweapon with a squad they retain their vision bonuses. This applies to any squad. So this also applies to OST pioneers recrewing MG42s. Self spotting MGs are nice for you, hell for your opponet. Vet 2 paths gain even further sight bonuses so if you can recrew with vet2+ paths the vision transfers to the MG.

Yes they keep their vision stats even if they equip 1919s(30cals), BARs and zooks. However those weapons have 35 range like all other weapons. Although it's possible zooks have 40 range, I'm unsure. I know PTRS rifles have 40 range which makes me second guess myself.

I'm unsure how a blob of I&Rs work since I almost never use them, however I find it best to mix standard paths with rifles or paratroopers since the standard paths are pretty mediocre without weapon upgrades. With the weapon upgrades they're decent, but I do not upgrade mine usually either so I cannot speak from expereince.

Hope this helped!
23 Jul 2019, 18:40 PM

tyvm for your help and weritting this wall of text ,was thinking to use the paths as ranged with zooks i read somewere that can snipe tanks at vet 3,and have 2-3 paras for mellee with tomsons i will try it and see what i can get
23 Jul 2019, 19:54 PM

Hmmm, some offtopic. If my SU stormtroopers (on 0 vet) capture pak and this pak will get vet3, veterancy will influence on combat effectiveness of stormtroopers crew mans? Crew will get vet3 of regular stormtroopers? Or only pak veterancy will apply?
24 Jul 2019, 15:56 PM

Hey guys need to ask couple of questions about this squad :
1.Wich are the stats for this squad?( weapons,slots for weapons,sight range and range of weapons)
2.Is there any other difference between the pathfinders and I&R?
3.Does the squad affected by weapons? i mean if i man a .30mm MG with pathfinders do they keep their sight as pathfinders or they become a mG teaam with MG stats?do htey keep their stats even if i give them bars or zookss?
4.I play mostly team games and no 1v1 is it better to have a mini blob of 3-4 pathfinders squad or mixed with IS(Infantry squad)?
tyvm

I use Pathfinders most games. I wouldn't recommend blobbng them. There relatively expensive and their DPS isn't great on their own. I like using them together with a paratrooper squad that is upgraded for long range. I'll often get 60 kills for the combination of one each of those. Pathfinders are also really helpful around MG's or AT guns.

I often don't upgrade Pathfinders. I'm always munition starved when playing recon support and would rather have more mines or Pathfinder arty. I'd probably think differently if the upgrades made a big difference but the upgrades don't turn them into Obers. If I do upgrade them, it is usually with a single BAR.

It used to be that if you recrewed a team weapon with Pathfinders, IS with improved sight, or Panzerfusiliers that the team weapon would keep the increased sight. I'm pretty sure that was patched out for IS but not sure about the other squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS