Login

russian armor

4v4, playing as Wehr, terrible loss, asking for feedback

17 Jul 2019, 17:40 PM

I am relatively new to the game (less than a month)
I keep losing, got over 100 matches, almost all 4v4 as Whermacht, win rate is about 33%
I see I have the most kills and damage at the end of this game from my team, so maybe I am ok, I don't know, but my win rate is so bad that something must be wrong.
Of course every game is different, this is just an example game.

Please give me some feedback on how I play.

18 Jul 2019, 11:10 AM

I've watched first 15 min. Most important things:
-you lost first fight. Your mg42 was alone, without support. This is bad
-you were passive, all your units were back, only one gren squad was fighting!
-your units were sitting in the base very long after retreat
-you don't use cover (grens fighting in red cover on the road)
-you make only support weapons, you don't have mainline inf
-you make units you don't need in a current situation

And your teammates on the right side played well. They pushed opponents back. Your side was lost after 10 mins
18 Jul 2019, 12:21 PM

so my whole technique of starting out by sending mg42s from the beginning before I start making main infantry is wrong?

And thank you very much for your detailed reply
18 Jul 2019, 13:10 PM

You can send mg42, but not first. Send pioneers and then hmg. If mg lead the way, it can be easily beaten before it even set up. Or like in your example, it can be flanked because of lack of support. If most of your army is sitting behind, you have only 2-3 fighting units. If enemy attack with all his army, and you have only half, you will never win. He will always flank you. And you should be more agressive, so more mobile units like grens would be better.
18 Jul 2019, 14:36 PM

33% win rate may not be that bad with only a month of playing. This means you are in a lower rank group where most games you will have people crashing on load or dropping after losing an engagement. So keep playing.

ALWAYS RESTART YOUR COH2 AFTER TWO GAMES MAXIMUM!

4v4 MENTALITY
OST is a great faction to learn for 4v4 because you have access to all of the tools you need to win. However, in 4v4 you need to adjust to your partner. What they lack you may need to make.

OKW PARTNER OPENING
Each match usually starts with a two per side fuel rush. Look at your partner. If he is OKW he will not have access to MGs, mortar, or smoke. So making MG42 and mortars can be a good idea. If your partner likes to blob be prepared that he will not help cover you after he retreats(this is when team weapons can become a bad thing). So support him, then be prepared to fall back when he retreats his blob or you will get run over. If the map is choked/narrow, once OKW pushes people out you can lock down territory with your MGs and bunkers. Then try to hold.

OST PARTNER OPENING
OST is a defensive faction. So you need to decide which one of you will be more offensive/mobile. Meaning who will make more grens and possibly snipers etc. It also depends on the map. Some maps are city or close quarter maps so you may want assault grens or a couple flame pios to maximize your close quarter DPS.

ENEMY
You also need to counter what your enemy will make.
Against USF, MGs can be very effective. Be careful of smoke. If they start smoking you can try Mg-covered-by-MG or start making more grens. Snipers can be cancer to USF.

Against BRITs, Snipers and mortars can be good. Keep a gren squad near the MG so you can faust a UC when needed. Dont be too close or the enemy will kite you once they try to attack your MG.

SOV are very hard because they can start a few different ways: Maxims spam, Clown Car, Conscripts. Clown Car and Conscripts can be hard to deal with using an MG since it will be easy to overwhelm and flank. So you need to keep your pios/grens close to the MG to protect it.

HINT: Look at the enemy bases. You can tell from the ground patterns which faction you will be fighting on your side. RECTANGLE-Brits, CIRCLE-USF, Nothing-SOV.

MG PLAY
MGs are great early game. And can help control blobs or protect points late game. But once the enemy has a few mobile units with veterancy, the MG becomes weak and easy to overwhelm. So making grens early and keeping them alive to vet up, gives you a stronger army later. Vetted with MG upgrade they can be very effective.

YOU
If you are new and do not have good micro yet, MGs/mortar may be your best options. Making a sniper requires a lot of micro so you will lose it early and probably lose other units while microing the sniper.

As others have said, do not push with a lone MG. Push your infantry and use the support weapons to ...um... support.

4v4 RULES
1) Mine your flanks. "Mines win games."
2) If you cant get your fuel, move to middle and lock it down. This give you a VP advantage and helps your other team mates from getting flanked.
3) Late game you either need huge tanks or artillery. So look at your teams commanders and try to figure out which one you want. Lefh wins games if you get it to vet 1 so it can counter barrage.
4) Do not start moving all over the map ever. If you take ground, expand from there. Do not win the top then go try to take bottom. You will do nothing for several minutes while moving, lose the top, and walk into a well guarded area and die.
5) 1v1 you can never lose a squad or its GG. 4v4 is more forgiving. But do not stay too long in a fight. It is better to fall back and come back in force with healthy units.
6) Healing wins games.
19 Jul 2019, 07:46 AM

Thank you very much for your detailed replies!!!

Rosbone, why are you saying I should restart the game?
19 Jul 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 07:46 AMgrreat
Rosbone, why are you saying I should restart the game?

The game will crash on you eventually if you do not restart. Most pros like to restart after two games. Or after one game if it is a snow map or was pretty long like 50 minutes. So lower rank players have not learned this yet and they will crash when loading the game. So you will have a lower win percentage until you get up to the people that restart.

YMMV
Some people claim to play all day without a crash. Some people restart after every game. There are a lot of factors like:
- Do you have old replays that your newly patched COH2 is having issues parsing?
- Are you tabbing out of the game to surf the web while searching for a game?
- Did you start watching a video/web page while actually starting to load a match?

No one knows exactly why it crashes. But you will see players names like RESTART AFTER EVERY GAME while you are playing. Because they are tired of waiting 6 minutes to find a game just to have their team mate crash during loading.

This all leads to what is called ELO hell. You start to rank up just to have several games in a row where your team crashes and you take a loss. And you fall back down to the lower ranks again. Your rank over time plotted out will look like a triangle wave pattern :) It can take forever if are not lucky to get above a certain rank/Level/ELO.
19 Jul 2019, 13:55 PM

- nevermind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight