Login

russian armor

Add aura only to self squad

11 Jul 2019, 15:36 PM

Hello,

I'm currently messing with using/adding auras like the terror officer (for example). In this case, it would be supplied by the veteran squad leader, only while he is alive, and only to his squad.

Under area info you can supply the radius of the aura and under target you can specify "is_squad" or "is_self", however it seems is_squad will trigger on other squads while "is_self" seems to be, correct me if I'm wrong, an entity only action.

Similarly, whereas the terror officer's squad will retreat ALL nearby infantry if he is killed, I want it to only retreat the squad to which the squad leader is assigned.

Alternatively, I figured it might work to just add the aura to the leader ebps, but give it a radius of 1 targeting only squads and this may work for death actions retreat as well.

ref:

thanks

tigo
11 Jul 2019, 17:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The target 'is_self' requires the target of the aura to be the same as the caster. Which is the squad is this case.

The action to retreat the surrounding squads when the officer dies is located in: ebps\races\west_german\soldiers\field_officer\terror_officer_mp > health_ext\death_actions. It uses a target action to retreat other squads. However, if you can move the retreat_action out of the target_action, then only the squad of which the leader is part of will retreat. There is no aura involved at all.
12 Jul 2019, 15:13 PM

SneakEye,

Both seemed to work. Thanks for the input
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment