Login

russian armor

Early game builds/Help against MG's in the midgame?

7 Jul 2019, 06:29 AM

Hey all. I'm predominately a 1v1 player.

What is everyone doing as far as builds for the early game as UKF? Typically I've been playing 4 Inf Sections in to Tech, Sappers, AC research, AC. I guess I'm interested to see what variations other people are using?

When do people go grendages/weapons racks? Does anyone recommend snipers or Bofors? Mortar pits seem really underwhelming - has anyone managed to make them work?

Also, I'm really struggling against MG's in the midgame without going Lend Lease for mobile mortar access. How do you guys counter them? I have found that I'm probably over extending my AC and getting it killed far to regularly trying to push out which sets me back really far and puts me well behind in the armour race.
7 Jul 2019, 10:53 AM

Extra IS, then UC, then extra IS, then depending on the health of the UC and whether the map has a dominant garrsion that you wanna secure an MG, otherwise tech immidietaly and straight for Sappers, nades usually shortly after that. I usually wait with racks all the way till lategame, and go bolster instead

Countering the MG is quite tricky. Either approach from multiple sides (although IS suck at flanking) or just defend and wait for him to overextend
Sniper is definitely recommended, but not too soon

Also, I have a special build for Wehrs without the BS increased Faust range bulettin: Second IS, then two UCs, then tech, sappers and quick AEC. However, dont reveal the AEC too soon, just stay slighty behind the UCs, outta the enemy line of sight and he´ll probably soon try to chase them with 222- only to get himself chased by the AEC :crazy::crazy:

10 Jul 2019, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the assist. I might give this a whirl for a few games and see how I go.
13 Jul 2019, 02:57 AM

It seems to be working way better. Had some really good wins lately due to your advice so thankyou!
13 Jul 2019, 03:49 AM

Commandoooooooooossssss.

I like going vickers then two additional sections into either single or double engies (depending on if I want a flamer or not), then getting one or two commandos. Sometimes I'll throw a sniper in somewhere (always if he gets one) depending on whether or not I want one, and then AEC. The vickers can out-DPS the 42 in the first engagements given equal cover and good RNG (assuming you don't get suppressed first), and commandos are excellent against team weapon-heavy strategies if you get good with them.

I use commandos a ton so if you want any pointers on their specific use too I'd be happy to help.
13 Jul 2019, 06:46 AM

Commandoooooooooossssss.

I use commandos a ton so if you want any pointers on their specific use too I'd be happy to help.

I guess I've seen a few good videos of them being used, utilising their stealth to sneak up on MGs. Aside from that I can't say I'm very creative. If you have opponents that aren't particularly quick on their grenade dodging you can get easy squad wipes, but that's about the extent of how I use them.

Have you got any other pointers?
13 Jul 2019, 07:06 AM

Against mg a single section with the arty barrage upgrade increases sight lets you see those mgs and where they are facing, so easier time flanking and if you are confident in your micro a sniper vs mg if you are worried about being counter sniped you can always choose a commander with command vehicle and use air recon as air recons reveal cloaked units.

I havent really played 1v1 in awhile so cant really say anything about openings
14 Jul 2019, 08:43 AM

I didn't know about the LoS increase. That helps a lot.

Quick question regarding the mortar pit - is there any way that I can actually hit ISG's with it or is it just straight up outranged? Because that seems kind of ridiculous.
14 Jul 2019, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2019, 08:43 AMNeph
I didn't know about the LoS increase. That helps a lot.

Quick question regarding the mortar pit - is there any way that I can actually hit ISG's with it or is it just straight up outranged? Because that seems kind of ridiculous.

Its not outranged, but heavily outmatched (as far as dueling goes, for killing infantry, Id still rather trust the mortar pit)

I may be wrong here, but the Leig seems to have some survival-ability advantage over all other indirect fire team weapons
14 Jul 2019, 10:16 AM

Its not outranged, but heavily outmatched (as far as dueling goes, for killing infantry, Id still rather trust the mortar pit)

I may be wrong here, but the Leig seems to have some survival-ability advantage over all other indirect fire team weapons

Their target size is 1 vs 1,25 of most other team weapons (which doesn't help vs arty) and I think it's the only team weapon where the gunshield actually works to provide green cover for the 2 models behind it (but don't quote me on that).
21 Jul 2019, 03:35 AM

Currently, I really like Lend Lease - IS, MG, IS, Fast tier 2, research BOFORS, Engineer.

One of your IS is a Assault Section, other is a double BREN healer. with the insta mortar call in you can build a BOFORS near a VP and have your mortars counter battery enemy Indirect.

Lend Lease has made IS a lot better. I like to place the double bren behind cover and have my assault section flank.
21 Jul 2019, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2019, 06:46 AMNeph

I guess I've seen a few good videos of them being used, utilising their stealth to sneak up on MGs. Aside from that I can't say I'm very creative. If you have opponents that aren't particularly quick on their grenade dodging you can get easy squad wipes, but that's about the extent of how I use them.

Have you got any other pointers?

Sorry for the late response but here goes:

They're great at ambushing squads trying to cap points even without trying to rely on grenade wipes. Just hide them on or around the point in some position where you can get really close in camo and ambush them there with the accuracy bonus. I like to hide them off of points so they don't accidentally get walked into while you aren't paying attention, but I'm sure to leave a route where they can get really close while maintaining camo (so have enough cover between you and them to do so). They'll win even against 2-3 squads sometimes if you do it right and chuck a grenade too lol. They're also great at adding to large combined arms attacks, popping out of camo on a flank while your sections and armor assault their areas. Surprise is your best friend with these guys I guess. And I'd also just stres to make sure you use camo and use the ambush bonus for every single fight if you can, since it really is such a great bonus and makes them crazy efficient, especially since silenced stens have like 0 DPS past 10 meters.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★