Login

russian armor

Pathfinding

1 Jul 2019, 12:22 PM

I noticed and heard from friends many complaints that after the last patches, tanks pathfinding had deteriorated sharply. When I give the order back the tanks start spinning, even if there is an open area behind the tank.
1 Jul 2019, 12:45 PM

Well, vehicle pathfinding has always been a disaster. Getting stuck on friendly units, getting stuck on wrecks, getting stuck on thin air, turning instead of driving the fuck straight, sharp spins on the spot instead of smooth stable drive arounds, inability to account for movement of vehicles in group...

What has become worse than I remember used to be tough, is infantry movement when trying to dodge nades
It feels like, instead of the entire squad instantly moving all at once in the direction I send them, a couple models stand for a sec or two, letting others go ahead and therefore, eating the nade :loco:

1 Jul 2019, 13:13 PM

I don't see why vehicle pathfinding would have changed at all. If's it's bad, it's probably always been bad.
1 Jul 2019, 20:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That might be related to the turn plans. I remember the old plans had a reverse option, so if you gave an order to reverse WITHOUT facing, then the vehicle would not turn around and would instead reverse to the destination, if that order was within 30 meters.
1 Jul 2019, 21:35 PM

Mapmakers need to allow vehicle crushing on light objects. T70 getting stuck in some hedges is a joke.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 15
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %