Login

russian armor

Ostwind's penetrations

PAGES (15)down
13 Jul 2019, 17:33 PM

why ? is it faster ? they have the same range

It deal greater damage thus it can wipe out infs much more quickly. It do not need coutinous movements to keep the range. In most circumstances, AT squads wouldn't have chance to fire a second shot in front of a ostwind even the ostwind is still.
13 Jul 2019, 17:33 PM

Ostwinds delete infs instantly from range now. It either keep the damage with less range or lower the damage so it wouldn't make AT infs compeletely useless.
13 Jul 2019, 17:52 PM

Ostwinds delete infs instantly from range now. It either keep the damage with less range or lower the damage so it wouldn't make AT infs compeletely useless.

Man this legend keeps getting better and better. I will only build ostwinds from now on. I will skip hq units, t1 and t2 units and only build ostwinds. Anti everything!!
13 Jul 2019, 17:52 PM

Some allied players finally see what ost players have been dealing with for many years. (centaur/t70/us armoured cars etc./he sherman)

Just remember that when facing osther they have 4 man squads so still all the vehicles I mentioned above are more powerful against them and wipe more quickly. With 5-6 or 7 man squads you still have more time to react.
13 Jul 2019, 17:57 PM

Some allied players finally see what ost players have been dealing with for many years. (centaur/t70/us armoured cars etc./he sherman)

Just remember that when facing osther they have 4 man squads so still all the vehicles I mentioned above are more powerful against them and wipe more quickly. With 5-6 or 7 man squads you still have more time to react.

Hm although it is comparable, I think the new ostwind is just as menacing vs larger size squads as the allied units vs smaller sized squads.
13 Jul 2019, 18:02 PM

Hm although it is comparable, I think the new ostwind is just as menacing vs larger size squads as the allied units vs smaller sized squads.

Is is finally what it should be. But trust me it is easier to preserve a larger squad on retreat than a 4 man unit. Wipes are still easier on those 4 man squads.
13 Jul 2019, 18:03 PM

Is is finally what it should be. But trust me it is easier to preserve a larger squad on retreat than a 4 man unit. Wipes are still easier on those 4 man squads.

Oh I know, but I still dare say that the ostwind wipes squads very fast too lol. I have had entire con or penal squads dissapear in like 3 to 4 seconds xd
13 Jul 2019, 18:05 PM

It deal greater damage thus it can wipe out infs much more quickly. It do not need coutinous movements to keep the range. In most circumstances, AT squads wouldn't have chance to fire a second shot in front of a ostwind even the ostwind is still.
so u want the ostwind to have same or worst performance than a t 70 that not only is much cheaper but is in a tier below it ?
why not delete the unit at that point ?
14 Jul 2019, 08:07 AM

Ostwind is finally for once, actually usable rather than the ignored stepchild in Ost Tier 3.

It also has nothing on Scotts' infantry fucking ability.
14 Jul 2019, 16:13 PM

So the only way to use AT infantry is to run straight at a tank, then complain in the forums when it backs off and keeps firing at you.
14 Jul 2019, 20:10 PM

So the only way to use AT infantry is to run straight at a tank, then complain in the forums when it backs off and keeps firing at you.

Allied players when they realize that their infantry won’t completely dominate Untill Brummbier
16 Jul 2019, 01:32 AM

Ostwinds need much less micros to keep the distance. I most circumstances, all u have to do is right clicking on AT infs and it can wipe them out with huge DPS and Allies' AT infs got less DPH relying on continous firing.

That is your sole perspective and/or opinion about the topic.
The actual game data reflects a different situation.
I remind you that, for a reason ostwind got buffed
21 Jul 2019, 09:54 AM

That is your sole perspective and/or opinion about the topic.
The actual game data reflects a different situation.
I remind you that, for a reason ostwind got buffed

What data? What situation? zook teams could not fire a second shot against a still Ostwind while PGs may destroy a still T-70, right?
21 Jul 2019, 10:21 AM

PGs could sometimes could stop a centaur..
21 Jul 2019, 10:24 AM

so u want the ostwind to have same or worst performance than a t 70 that not only is much cheaper but is in a tier below it ?
why not delete the unit at that point ?

Ostwind in T4? T-70 also cost 70 fuel or so right?
21 Jul 2019, 10:28 AM

Ostwind wipe out inf faster than anything in the game now (maybe slower than a vet2 pershing)
21 Jul 2019, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 10:21 AMLoren
[Link]

What the hell is this sh1t?

Completely OP

I went through the painstaking process of watching this video in slow motion and counting every bounce and penetration to compare it with the actual stats.

I = Penetrated
O = Bounced

Notice: Ostwinds need 16 shots to kill a T34. Each Ostwind reloads every 8 shots. The Ostwinds didn't fire perfectly in sync.

Magazine 1: I - II - OO - OI - OI - OI - OI - OI - I
Magazine 2: O - OO - OI - OO - OO - II - OI - II - I

The Ostwinds fired 32 shots in total, 50% of those penetrated. Statistically, the Ostwind has 40/150 = 26,66% chance to penetrate the T34/76 at midrange (21,5 meters) and 35/150 = 23,33% chance to penetrate it at far range (40 meters). So Ostwinds only have around 25% chance to penetrate a T34 at this range

We can conclude RNG heavily favored the Ostwinds in this video. I won't assume Loren cherrypicked this result, but I do want to advise him to run multiple tests before reaching to any conclusions. In the tests I did personally, the first Ostwind consistently dies and the second Ostwind either loses to the T34 or gets significantly damaged. Try it yourself a few times and you will see.

I've tried double Ostwind against a medium a few times in ranked (on the basis of this video) and it's not anything like double 222 vs a T70. Two Ostwinds will be easily pushed off by a single medium without proper AT support.

A warning for Ostheer players and food for thought for the thread.
21 Jul 2019, 12:10 PM

Ostwind wipe out inf faster than anything in the game now (maybe slower than a vet2 pershing)

Don't forget centaur :) he sherman and, vs 4 mans squads, t70
21 Jul 2019, 13:56 PM

Ostwind in T4? T-70 also cost 70 fuel or so right?
are u for real ? are u saying that t 70 come at the same time as ostwind ? did u gift 70 fu to ur opponent ? already by getting to phase 2 without building any other tier is 140 fuel to get to t 70 u need around 100 fuel depending on what tier u chose,
21 Jul 2019, 14:15 PM

are u for real ? are u saying that t 70 come at the same time as ostwind ? did u gift 70 fu to ur opponent ? already by getting to phase 2 without building any other tier is 140 fuel to get to t 70 u need around 100 fuel depending on what tier u chose,

Well. That's completely not what I meant. The author of the post suggested that ostwind wipes infantry most of all units. I gave examples of allied units which wipe like crazy. For 4 man aquads t70 is highly dangerous and can really wipe them. That's what I meant.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight