Login

russian armor

Dealing with armor on close quarters

20 Jun 2019, 06:32 AM

Its a problem prevalent on 2v2 maps.
There are "enclosed" spaces where turreted tanks have complete control because they can manouver around soviet antitank options, as all of them are either support weapons or paper thin assault guns that are designed to dominate the enemy from long range

Places that come to my mind:
- Eindhoven castle
- Western town (fields of winkendonk) or the right fuel on the same map
20 Jun 2019, 06:36 AM

Its a problem prevalent on 2v2 maps.
There are "enclosed" spaces where turreted tanks have complete control because they can manouver around soviet antitank options, as all of them are either support weapons or paper thin assault guns that are designed to dominate the enemy from long range

Places that come to my mind:
- Eindhoven castle
- Western town (fields of winkendonk) or the right fuel on the same map

True but I don't think there is much that can be done about this. It wouldn't be good if all maps were just open long range maps either. There needs to be some variety.
20 Jun 2019, 06:41 AM

So there is no way around it?

I'm not against variety, but I don't like the idea of forefeiting my fuel(because these enclosed spaces are located on fuel points) as soon as medium comes in.
20 Jun 2019, 06:48 AM

You need to adapt and try to make the best of the situation. SU 85 and At guns are not as good as elsewhere but they can still be used. Soviets also have IS2 and T34/85, both are effective on close quarter maps. Don't forget to spam mines.

And btw: Shocks eat Axis infantry for breakfast in close quarter fights. The same way you are complaining about tanks Axis players could cry about not being able to deal with Shocks.

20 Jun 2019, 07:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge

So there is no way around it?

I'm not against variety, but I don't like the idea of forefeiting my fuel(because these enclosed spaces are located on fuel points) as soon as medium comes in.
if he wants to go on the fuel on winnekendonk you can have your zis gun set up in a way where he will drive in like 95% on that close quarters. Then as s oviet you got the options of cons, penals and guards. One of them supporting the ZIS gun and a t34/76 are a pretty damn threat to the medium.

you just gotta lure your enemy a bit into right position
21 Jun 2019, 04:19 AM

I'm going to give Advanced Warfare a chance against strategic reserves. Ppshs and T34/85s may be able to work around some issues
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
unknown 11
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L