Login

russian armor

Another UKF Mortar Proposal

6 Jun 2019, 10:50 AM

• Replace the 3-Inch Mortar Pit in UKF T1 with the 81mm Mortar added in the Lend Lease Assault commander. It's a light mortar that does a decent job of clearing out garrisons and forcing off MGs, which is what UKF lacks.

• Add the 3-Inch Mortar Pit back as a commander ability, replacing Air Resupply Operation in Tactical Support Regiment and either Advanced Assembly or Counter Battery in Advanced Emplacements Regiment.

• Add the ability removed from Advanced Emplacements to Lend Lease Assault: Advanced Assembly synergises with its vehicle heavy playstyle and Counter Battery has general utility

Light indirect fire is now available to all UKF commanders, the situational mortar pit is available doctrinally if you want it.

With UKF's army finally being feature complete, you've then got room to tone down its crutch units.
6 Jun 2019, 11:06 AM

mortar emplacement should be in advanced emplacements commander, not lend lease assault
6 Jun 2019, 11:25 AM

mortar emplacement should be in advanced emplacements commander, not lend lease assault

Which ability would you swap out of Advanced Emplacements Regiment into Lend Lease Assault? I'd go for Advanced Assembly: that breaks the regenerating SimCity and gives LLA some much needed repairs for its vehicle horde.
6 Jun 2019, 11:50 AM

Unfortunately Non-Doc mobile mortar for Brits was refused by Lelic
6 Jun 2019, 11:53 AM

Unfortunately Non-Doc mobile mortar for Brits was refused by Lelic

So were UKF snares.
6 Jun 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2019, 11:53 AMLago

So were UKF snares.

It's fine though, remember? They have a sniper with an AT rifle! That makes it fine! And Piats which didn't track! That makes it totlly fine to not have a snare.

Just like how the mortar pit having a smoke barrage is CLEARLY all the mobile indirect a UKF player should ever need. They get flare packages after all, clearly they are the same thing.
6 Jun 2019, 12:51 PM

At this point this is probably the best solution. I would've liked to see the single mortar pit that could be upgraded to 2, but if we can't have that im fine with this too.

They just need more flexible indirect. The pit can be strong, but on larger maps it can easily go to waste
6 Jun 2019, 14:44 PM

Agreed.

Also I'm not sure if it's possible but in CoH you could switch models when a team weapon is deployed, so for example a friend of mine gave the Germans in the Great War mod a mobile MG08 which was not part of the vanilla mod because it was too heavy to lug around unlike the Vickers. What he basically did was give the German squad a Vickers to carry, but it would be swapped out for the MG08 when deployed.

Here if again possible, one could give the mortar section the M1 81mm Mortar to lug around but once deployed the mortar pit's 3-inch mortar model could replace it so you could call it a 3-inch mortar team/section and nobody would notice.

I wonder if once again possible, to make the same thing with the M1919A4 and M2 60mm mortar models in the game, as in for them to spawn in the place of the M2 .50 cal and M1 81mm mortar respectively to create new weapons so to speak.
7 Jun 2019, 13:25 PM

At this point this is probably the best solution. I would've liked to see the single mortar pit that could be upgraded to 2, but if we can't have that im fine with this too.

They just need more flexible indirect. The pit can be strong, but on larger maps it can easily go to waste

Yeaaa. I saw that. Miragefla made it in one of his balance patches.
It was very interesting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS